It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Trump such a threat to our Democracy in 2016?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As we see the facts unfold, It seems there was a rather large effort to stop Trump from being president. People in the tops of government were willing to risk their careers to achieve this goal. The wiretapping? Yep, happened. Hillary somehow being in charge of the FBI? Yep. Obama knowing all about this, (at this stage, this is all we know about his involvement) Biden being in on it. I mean, it's a huge deal. To not call it an attempted coup would be wrong.

But we have had almost 4 years of Trump, and the world is still here. We haven't all died from global warming, we haven't nuked everyone. Hell, we haven't even gone to war with any brown nations.

So what was the threat? What was it that made these people act so illegally, and risk so much? I'm not about to buy into a global pedophilia ring just yet. But with all that's happened, I'm not so sure that's as crazy as once thought. Something scared the establishment so much that giant risks were taken. One thing that not one person alive can contest is that the MSM is in bed with the Democratic party. I know, republicans are bad too, but all I see from them is weakness. No will to go on offence. Hell, the best I've seen is a weak defense.

So in this instance, I truly have no idea what deep dark secret exists that made all these people do all the things they did. If Trump looses in November, this will all go away. If he wins, there is no guarantee that anything of substance will happen. And the right wing gun owners aren't organizing the militia at the moment. I feel that is a mistake. But then, if it did happen, they would be labeled white supremacists and arrested. So I'm not even sure that's an option in the new normal we have created.

Please remember, you don't have to like Trump, republicans, America, or me for any of this to be the truth. These are what we suspected for a while, and now have some proof of. I feel like we need a bit more information on what the DOJ is doing. As CWM's thread today asked, is Barr a deep state protector? It's very possible. It's clear that Sessions was. I have to ask, those of you who oppose all things Trump, are you really willing to let all this go unpunished so whatever horrible things exists that caused all this can continue? I would hate to be the guy to remind all of you that one day, this may happen to your side. And sadly, we have divided so much that the Patriots who believe in the Constitution and it's protection are on the opposite side of the Democrats, and thusly the MSM.

If you have any ideas as to why this is happening I'd love to hear it. And Trump is horrible, mean, and orange. So that's out of the way, maybe we can just discuss the topic, which isn't how horrible Trump is, but what threat he produces.
edit on 1-10-2020 by network dude because: where the hell is my beer?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Because he couldn't be bought out or blackmailed
and he wasn't a professional politician.
edit on 1-10-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Why was Trump such a threat to our Democracy in 2016?

Look around you.

Everything you see that is happening with the country is a result of Donald Trump running this country like one of his businesses. I.E. surrounding himself with yes men, and delegating everything important to under-qualified underlings. Then disparaging anyone who disagrees with him as an enemy. Except now they’re not only personal enemies, they’re enemies of America and traitors.

Do that as a leader of a country, and here we are.

While I understand that you have no problem with people you disagree with being labeled as traitors and terrorists and being treated as such, believe it or not most Americans don’t hold that warped worldview.

Most people are smart enough to know Fox News isn’t telling them the truth.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Nailed it.a reply to: mamabeth

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I think you should sit this one out.
Honestly.

link   

I think we all know what I think of what you “think”.

Lmao

+4 more 
link   
You're side stepping the question as always..

Why would the Dems try so hard from "day One" to keep trump from trying to accomplish anything?

You act like this is what it's like today and not why they have been doing this even before he was elected.

Try answering the question for once and not make some BS up for once...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Because he couldn't be bought out or blackmailed
and he wasn't a professional politician.

I believe that, but what is going on that makes it so you have to control everyone in high places? There is something happening that makes all this necessary.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So you are implying that the government was run perfectly up till Trump and he ruined everything in four years?

No responsibility on state government?

Wow. Guess I slept through the first 38 years of my life.

Such a shame to miss all the rainbows and unicorns.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I think we all know what I think of what you “think”.

Lmao

this transcends r's vs. d's. It's a grown up talk. K?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Why would the Dems try so hard from "day One" to keep trump from trying to accomplish anything?

Why wouldn’t they? Are you new to politics? That’s the name of the game for both sides, has been for years. The real question is why on earth would you expect Donald Trump to just be given leeway to enact whatever policies he wants? When that’s never happened in the history of America?

Try answering the question for once and not make some BS up for once...

What other response would you expect to such an asinine question like the one the OP titled the thread with? A little reality never hurt anyone. Well, except for you and the OP.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Because of rapidly advancing concerns and fears over not only the future of the United States but the future for all of humanity. These concerns are valid.

The threat he presented to our country in 2016 was that too many people were looking for someone to tear apart the political and economic structures that had built up around us for decades, nay, centuries.

These concerns had turned to fear, fear that many of us felt impotent against. People all over the place were ripe for a populist leader. In a way Slick Willy was such a figure. As well, so was Obama. But those two appealed to one side of our citizenry while Trump appealed to the other.

Trump is a grifter. He found concerned citizens and turned them into marks. His life long pursuit of quick bucks for himself taught him to act upon suckers by promising them everything and getting them to believe he could solve their problems and fulfill their dreams.

He is a scoundrel, a cheat, a liar and a con man. Always has been always will be.

As presented in the first paragraph of the OP, there was indeed a ''rather large effort to stop Trump from being president''.

This ''effort'' is perfectly expressed in the popular vote. Trump lost the popular vote. So right there the ''effort'' to keep him from winning the election was larger than the effort to make him president.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

"Reality". I don't think that word means what you think it does.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Of course not.

You guys inhabit a reality manufactured by Republican propagandists where the litmus test for something being true is that it’s opposite of what the mainstream media says.

And that’s the entirety of it.

link   
Wrong again you have a twisted view of the world. The riots are only in democrat controlled cities. When they started one in a republican held city the police were allowed to do their job and squash the riots.
For you to claim it's all because trump is laughable at best.

It is clear the Democrats and their voters think rioting in democrat cities somehow hurts trump. It does not it wakes more people up to the Democrats nonsense. So go ahead and continue to burn loot and murder holding the torch you set that business on fire with all while screaming this is trump's fault.

link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

But Terry, that popular vote came from two distinct places, that couldn't have voted any differently. think back. We have had republicans adn democrats as president. Was there a consolidated coup to remove GWB? Obama? no, they were all players in the system, had track records and knew each other in the political sense. I honestly never really paid much thought to the whole behind the scenes thing as I was sure there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.

But all of the sudden, I'm not so sure that's the case. If a group of 1000 wiener gobblers can attack a US city for 100 nights in a row, perhaps our nation is ripe for being overtaken.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Propagandized by whom?

I only see conservatives being censored by media. Haven't seen any amount of leftist hatred censored or even reprimanded.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast
Wrong again you have a twisted view of the world. The riots are only in democrat controlled cities. When they started one in a republican held city the police were allowed to do their job and squash the riots.
For you to claim it's all because trump is laughable at best.

It is clear the Democrats and their voters think rioting in democrat cities somehow hurts trump. It does not it wakes more people up to the Democrats nonsense. So go ahead and continue to burn loot and murder holding the torch you set that business on fire with all while screaming this is trump's fault.

that whole thing will sort itself out rather quickly. People don't want to live around garbage like that, and they won't. When the mass exodus is realized, it will be way to late. Portland will be a third world country, and the smoke and stench will be palpable from all around. All the taxpayers will move to where it's safe. And folks like Underware can live there.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
While I understand that you have no problem with people you disagree with being labeled as traitors and terrorists and being treated as such, believe it or not most Americans don’t hold that warped worldview.

This is going to be a whataboutism, however I think it's something that needs to be addressed. If someone for example supports the President, does not support critical race theory or other liberal policies, what label would you give them? Heck I'll go a step further, what if you have someone that doesn't want to be bothered with politics or speak up about current events?

Edit: I speak as a member of the latter group, I did not give a single crap about politics for any part of my life. I didn't keep on top of current events, race theory, religion, etc. It was not a part of my life. The last several years however it's been forced upon me, it's not something that I can remove myself from without a derogatory label. All I wanted to was to work, spend time with my wife, enjoy my hobbies and live my life. That is no longer possible, so who am I now against?
edit on 10/1/20 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Lots of effort, sweat and hard work has been put in building a large sphere of hegemony for the US, it's often referred to as "The West" you might have heard that before?
It was run under the principle of a strong market that would bind the loyalties of other nations, not exactly an empire more a idealistic, liberal, capitalistic bond of shared interests.
Trump absolutely #ed that into the ground... it split that's how hard he #ed that.

The USA internally had a social contract that guaranteed everyone who'd work hard can make it no matter where they come from.
Alas Trump's rethoric and the fact that he won the election with it butchered that illusion once and for all.

And here we are, the whole world thinks the US are a joke and insane, streets are burning...
but boy geez why could have anyone wanted to prevent that? #winning

edit on 1-10-2020 by Peeple because: left over

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join