It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truthless Joe Biden: Why Hunter Is Fair Game

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: smurfy

Why are you citing a year-old article about an unrelated investigation?

From page 65 of the report:

The Treasury records acquired by the Chairmen show potential criminal activity relating to transactions among and between Hunter Biden, his family, and his associates with Ukrainian, Russian, Kazakh and Chinese nationals. In particular, these documents show that Hunter Biden received millions of dollars from foreign sources as a result of business relationships that he built during the period when his father was vice president of the United States and after. In addition to providing new and descriptive details about the nature, origin and extent of payments from Burisma Holdings to Hunter Biden, the documents acquired by the Committees also shed light on a much broader array of questionable financial transactions involving Hunter Biden, other members of the Biden family, and their associations with foreign nationals. These foreign nationals have questionable backgrounds that have been identified as being consistent with a range of criminal activities, including but not limited to organized prostitution and/or human trafficking, money laundering, fraud, and embezzlement.267

and the footnote:

267 There is extensive public reporting concerning Hunter Biden’s alleged involvement with prostitution services. Records on file with the Committees do not directly confirm or refute these individual reports. However, they do confirm that Hunter Biden sent thousands of dollars to individuals who have either: 1) been involved in transactions consistent with possible human trafficking; 2) an association with the adult entertainment industry; or 3) potential association with prostitution. Some recipients of those funds are Ukrainian and Russian citizens. The records note that it is a documented fact that Hunter Biden has sent funds to non-resident alien women in the United States who are citizens of Russia and Ukraine and who have subsequently wired funds they have received from Hunter Biden to individuals located in Russia and Ukraine. The records also note that some of these transactions are linked to what “appears to be an Eastern European prostitution or human trafficking ring.”

Are you saying these records don't exist?

Where's the meat? peepee tapes? they don't exist was the cry, while prostitution is rife everywhere and it's not even peculiar to any country, and you forget LG's investigation actually says they have no clue as to any tales of wrongdoing.

In other words, it's a good story, while they have no intention of making it true, d'yuh ever wonder about that Yes/no?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Again, are you saying the bank records don't exist? Looks legit, if they are faked someone will be in serious trouble wouldn't you think? It looks pretty damning to an average guy like me. Sure, their meaning may open to interpretation but I doubt they would forge transactions that Hunter could easily refute. So, I take it you don't agree with their conclusions - what's the real story then?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena
Hi pthena
It's always a joy to read your honest, heartfelt, and open minded posts. It's also nice to read some political views which seem to resemble mine. I can feel very lonely in my views sometimes.

I'm so glad that you did not succeed in that assigned mission. You wouldn't have deserved the personal hell that your conscience would have heaped on you. It's not the brave service members who are profiting off of and instigating wars.

Hope you're having a good one!

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: zosimov

Consider me a party-less Dem. expatriate (for the time being, until I can find something to believe in).

I haven't read all your links yet, so I don't have much intelligent to write yet. Buuuut ...

I just tried to follow my own links and none of them work

I tried to edit them in and did it badly I guess.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.aclu.org... aine-law
www.vox.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Now that you know my nefarious plan to write in on the ballot, I just hope people vote their conscience.

So I read through the Hunter Biden wiki page and noticed that almost all of the references cited are quite recent. Which means that Hunter Biden really wasn't an interesting subject for investigation prior to Joe's entering the race.

I remember an interview that was conducted with Hunter early on in which he stated to the interviewer that he and his dad had a conversation about the heightened scrutiny that he, Hunter, would receive. He said that he was willing to undergo that. So yeah, he made himself fair game.

Now on the nepotism front: Hunter's one month military career is really quite something that no regular 43 year old citizen could have had. Age limit is 35. So he got a waiver. Documented drug history, another waiver.

The U.S. Navy Reserve Direct Commissioning Program allows university-educated professionals, between ages 19 to 35 (or older, in some cases), the opportunity to be appointed as an officer in the Navy Reserve. Most DCOs hold advanced degrees (MAs, MBAs, MSs, JDs, MDs, DOs, PharmDs and Ph.Ds.) and/or significant civilian work experience.
Direct commission officer

Hunter was an attorney, so he could have worked for JAG. Now I can't find the reference but he didn't even go to OCS (Officer Candidate School) or Navy Reserve Officer DCO (Direct Commission Officer) School.

Strings must have been pulled to pull all that off.

Hope you're having a good one!

I killed a spider today.
But I can explain.

The insects sent a delegation to meet with me a few days ago; a grasshopper, two earwigs, and a caterpillar.

The caterpillar was confused so I picked it up and tossed it over to where it could find some leaves to eat. The earwigs got cold feet and didn't hang around long. The grasshopper had some serious determination. He stayed two whole days, fasting the whole time.

Yesterday, something like a mayfly hovered in front of me and then landed next to my hand.

So when I saw the spider today I considered throwing it outside, but then I remembered the grasshopper and mayfly. I killed the spider.

Elections have consequences.
Democracy is a heavy burden to bear.
We aren't supposed to bear it alone.
By definition if nothing else.

Cracks in the System: 20 Years

If you click that link and get 404, look at the URL for coc%C2%A0aine then delete the %C2%A0 to read coc aine. Must be a word filter placing that space in the word.
edit on 1-10-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Ah.. thanks for letting us know about that link! It's really a particularly damning report. The following paragraph really starts to drive it home for me (especially considering the timeframe, which I'll outline in a moment).

By 1990, however, Congress decided it needed more information on the impact of mandatory sentences, and directed the Sentencing Commission to study mandatory minimums and to report on their effects. In August 1991, the commission completed an in-depth study on mandatory minimums and concluded that non-whites were much more likely to receive mandatory minimum sentences and that they were being applied in a discriminatory manner. The Federal Judicial Center reported that African Americans were more likely than whites to be sentenced to at least the minimum sentence in cases where a mandatory minimum prison term could be applied. Although Congress had intended to reduce the disparities and arbitrariness of the federal sentencing system through mandatory minimums, the report concluded that this sentencing scheme actually contributed to these problems

I've written a few threads regarding the prison industrial complex in the past--it's an issue that has been important to me for the past 20 years or so. I think it's a crime beyond comprehension to imprison a person wrongly. When a person is imprisoned, their life can be (is) forever altered. Dignity and compassion and autonomy are stripped from a prisoner, who is cut off from home, family, familiarity, future, health.

The Stanford Prison experiment shows the psychological effect that becoming a prisoner or a guard has on the human psyche and it's ugly. Guards seem to embody sadism and power and the inmates lose self respect and will submit to nearly any indignity (and the few who are harder to break can become targets too).

When inmates are released, they're already at a severe disadvantage. They've been institutionalized to the point where making any autonomous decision is hard. Every decision--from what you eat to when you can go outside to when the lights go out--has been made for the inmate for however long they'd been imprisoned. Meanwhile, the world has changed. People are far less inclined to hire an ex con.

For these reasons, and countless more, we better be damned sure a person deserves to go to prison before putting them there. Biden knew this, because he fought hard to keep his son out of the system.

I can't believe that, as head of the Senate Committee, Biden spent 1990 and part of 1991 reviewing the racist and horrific results of his anti-drug bills (and all this after his own son has run into trouble), and ended up helping Clinton draft more draconian legislature which resulted in even more disparate sentencing.

I remember the first time I heard about the "three strikes law" (around 2000 when I started paying attention to this issue) and that Clinton had authored it I was a staunch Democrat and couldn't believe that was a Democrat policy.

Anyway, I might add more later.

How's that grasshopper today?
edit on 2-10-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Man when I read your post yesterday I definitely had a pang of sympathy for Hunter (not Joe)--but his dad's hypocrisy and damaging impact on poor America definitely needs to be pointed out.

Truly--had Joe Biden taken that, or any opportunity, to understand the impact of his policies, that what he drafted was more than just paper with signatures, but rather impacted millions of lives negatively and probably did little or nothing to stem drug use or violent crime, I could absolutely respect him and believe he'd be capable of true reform and "soul searching."

He didn't do that. He just went the old sympathy route. That doesn't usually work with judges, and it doesn't work with me either.

But I'm really not more invested than in responding to some of the sentiment I'd seen regarding the issue (in the media- very sympathetic towards Biden) with my opinion.

Libya was my #1 no thanks Hillary in the 2016 (I went with Green Party as well, and also due to a peaceful foreign policy) and this is my no thanks Joe for the 2020.

I'm writing in a vote too, as far as I know so far

Happy voting, all! But I hope no one lets it get too far under his/her skin, life is way more than just politricks

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Man when I read your post yesterday I definitely had a pang of sympathy for Hunter (not Joe)-

That's what I was shooting for. Hunter isn't on the ballot.

He didn't do that. He just went the old sympathy route. That doesn't usually work with judges, and it doesn't work with me either.

There's a vacancy on the Supreme Court. But I don't suppose the White House is accepting any cold call applications.

The first time I was made aware of Joe Biden was the Clarence Thomas confirmation. Joe Biden was the Chairman of Senate Judiciary then. The Democrats don't much like Thomas on the bench much. They can thank Joe for that.

Here's a little song about prison. Yeah, I know, you like Hip Hop. That makes you better informed about current issues than I am. I like Ballads and Odes, the kind of songs that I don't have to read the lyrics to know what they mean.

Notice the copyright date, 1968.
I spent New Years Eve in Juvie,
doing what, I'm not quite sure.
Coach took my shorts,
so I wandered in my underwear.

[ the guards were all called coach for some reason ]

I know for a fact that I was cut a hell of a lot of slack that others weren't and aren't. Not just white privileges, there was this other thing in my permanent record called "potential". It got to be kind of a dirty word to me, like, "What? You got a problem with me the way I am?" Evidently some people thought I could be the next something or other.

How's that grasshopper today?

I don't know. He only hung out with me for the two days. I was starting to worry about the fasting and all, like this hanging out with me can't be considered quite healthy. When I went outside again, thinking it was time to pick him up and carry him down to the grass, he was gone.

I'm a smoker. I go outside to smoke. The wildlife sort of know my routine.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Do we know how the Navy discharged him? Did he get an Honorable Discharge? What was the reason listed for his discharge? Did the Navy acknowledge his criminal drug charges or pretend they didn’t happen? I’m truly curious about this. I served in the Navy, and know first-hand that anyone who was caught using drugs, through a piss test or by being outed through civilian drug charges, was booted out promptly with a Dishonorable Discharge, after (the Navy) lodging its own charges in the military court.

He got an administrative discharge this is the same as being fired from your job. The usual reasons are A pattern of misconduct;
Drug abuse;
Insubordination;
Weight control issues;
Nonperformance of duties; or
Poor duty performance.

The difference between this and dishonorable Is that a dishonorable is for severe crimes involving a court martial such as Murder
Fraud
Desertion
Treason
Espionage
Sexual assault

Basically if they give you jail time you get a dishonorable discaharge. Since drug abuse did not get him jail time he got an administrative.

Thanks. Navy veteran here, so I didn’t need all that but good for you.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Don’t forget to wedge this between joe hunter and kamala. She doesn’t have a pretty public relationship with herself drugs and her record of being tolerant of the public’s struggles with addiction... lock me up she says!

(In)Tolerant kamala and lying joe don’t do well on this issue...

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
This fact actually brings into question Biden's viability as President. If he can bend the rules in the Navy for Hinter What else would he do if Hunter got his teat in a wringer again. Far fetched maybe, but seem to remember the Left's pundits taking the same about Trump and Stormy Daniels situation. Is the potential there for the Russians to trap Hunter high on Peruvian marching powder with a dead Ukrainian hooker and blackmail Biden. Inquiring minds want to know, past history shows it's likely.

I'll lay odds that Biden didn't have to "bend the rules in the Navy". There are enough senior officers who would love to have a Senator "owe them one" that it could have been done with out Biden lifting a finger. Then there's the old "needs of the service" schtick. Google "revolt of the Admirals" sometime and read about it. It hasn't changed.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is how the far left's "thinking" (term used lightly) is on this matter:

A. New York Times can run endless hit pieces on Invanka, Kushner, Melania, emoluments clause this, nepotism that. 14 year old Baron Trump can be pilloried in social media NOT A PEEP from MSM.

B. Hunter Biden is a component of pay for access/protection racket scheme linking upper levels of Ukrainian/US governments == Perl-clutching commenceth

It's just another facet of the non-stop hypocrisy that has become the calling card of the MSM. As a former reader of NYT and other such publications, I can say I will NEVER return to reading them until they FIX their clear and undeniable political biases.

As Gerald Celente aptly refers to it now..."The Toilet-paper of Record"

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

I tried to house train a puppy using the NYT. The damned dog bit me.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

I tried to house train a puppy using the NYT. The damned dog bit me.

Just another "Dog Bites Man" news day...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join