It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police used COVID-19 Database Illegally, Civil Rights Groups Find

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So, remember how all that testing, tracking and contact tracing was only to help protect us all and keep us safe?

www.cbc.ca...

Police forces across Ontario engaged in broad, illegal searches of a now-defunct COVID-19 database, two civil rights groups alleged Wednesday, claiming the use of the portal violated individual privacy rights for months.

The Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA) and the Canadian Constitution Foundation (CCF) said in separate reports that many services used the database to look at COVID-19 test results for wide geographic areas and sometimes pulled up personal information unrelated to active calls.

"People weren't told that when they went for COVID tests that this information was being shared with police and they certainly weren't asked for their consent," said Abby Deshman, the criminal justice program director for the CCLA.

In early April, the Ontario government passed an emergency order that allowed police to obtain the names, addresses and dates of birth of Ontarians who had tested positive for COVID-19. The portal was aimed at helping to protect first responders.

Police access to that database ended on Aug. 17, after a legal challenge was filed by a group of human rights organizations.

Data released in the context of the legal action showed that Ontario police services conducted over 95,000 searches of the database while it was active.

Police were caught using the COVID-19 database to look up names unrelated to active calls, to do wholesale postal code searches for COVID-19 cases, and to even do broad based searches outside officers' own cities,

police continued to run unauthorized searches even after provincial audits called attention to the inappropriate searches taking place,

Now, i'm not one of those people who believe polices should be removed or defunded, but I do believe everyone has a right to privacy, the rigbt to be free from unlawful searches and the right to presumed innocence unless proven guilty.

Using, what was originally supposed to be, a way to help keep first responders safe as a mass population surveillance tool is a massive misusevof power.

More and more actions by governments and authorities around the world taken under the guise of Covid measures are increasingly invasive and hostile towards the general public and slowly but surely the true intentions of this all are being exposed as yet another power grab and method of enslavement.
edit on 1/10/2020 by dug88 because: According to spellcheck defunded isn't even a real #ing word...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I feel like this was predicted... but shame on us for not lining up for testing.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

My gut always said dont get one of those tests . Not that I care to anyway.

Safeway is actually rolling out home covid19 tests to buy in their grocery stores soon in the USA. That's different..
Then everyone sees that they have it LOL.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I noticed how I have to tell every little company my details now, including what prescriptions I am taking. Normally I wouldn't disclose any of this but I need new glasses and am due for a check and I can only do this by answering a very detailed questionnaire. I also hate having to give my details in pubs etc. There is no regulation ast to forgery or writing the wrong time or anything. they are often books where people write their details in [with a pen used by everyone who comes in...].

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Heard on the radio that CDC officials who were going door to door, asking questions and offering FREE testing get harassed and cussed out of the neighborhood.

Then the announcer acted like it was unbelievable and tragic that these officials are crying about abuse and running off.

We did not want you here, we told you to stay away. You came anyways with your ulterior motives.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you didn't see this coming.... IDK what to telly you.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

You heard of lying haven't you?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

alleged

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
99.9% of all COVID measures and policies are focused entirely on control and manipulation, nothing more.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
So, remember how all that testing, tracking and contact tracing was only to help protect us all and keep us safe?

www.cbc.ca...

Police forces across Ontario engaged in broad, illegal searches of a now-defunct COVID-19 database, two civil rights groups alleged Wednesday, claiming the use of the portal violated individual privacy rights for months.

The Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA) and the Canadian Constitution Foundation (CCF) said in separate reports that many services used the database to look at COVID-19 test results for wide geographic areas and sometimes pulled up personal information unrelated to active calls.

"People weren't told that when they went for COVID tests that this information was being shared with police and they certainly weren't asked for their consent," said Abby Deshman, the criminal justice program director for the CCLA.

In early April, the Ontario government passed an emergency order that allowed police to obtain the names, addresses and dates of birth of Ontarians who had tested positive for COVID-19. The portal was aimed at helping to protect first responders.

Police access to that database ended on Aug. 17, after a legal challenge was filed by a group of human rights organizations.

Data released in the context of the legal action showed that Ontario police services conducted over 95,000 searches of the database while it was active.

Police were caught using the COVID-19 database to look up names unrelated to active calls, to do wholesale postal code searches for COVID-19 cases, and to even do broad based searches outside officers' own cities,

police continued to run unauthorized searches even after provincial audits called attention to the inappropriate searches taking place,

Now, i'm not one of those people who believe polices should be removed or defunded, but I do believe everyone has a right to privacy, the rigbt to be free from unlawful searches and the right to presumed innocence unless proven guilty.

Using, what was originally supposed to be, a way to help keep first responders safe as a mass population surveillance tool is a massive misusevof power.

More and more actions by governments and authorities around the world taken under the guise of Covid measures are increasingly invasive and hostile towards the general public and slowly but surely the true intentions of this all are being exposed as yet another power grab and method of enslavement.

Yup.

Canada's position is to trample on rights until stopped by a Court. The default position...

Until PRISM is actually shut down, this will continue.

Oh and PRISM(Whatever they wanna call it) will never be shut down, only expanded and upgraded.

The 5 eyes are watching and trading all their info...

Mandatory Vaccine is next on the list...

edit on 10/1/2020 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Did you know the police are ALLOWED to LYE!
when they question you they Will
Lye to get you to say some thing.
that will let them arrest you.
even if you did nothing.

Never Forget this...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Did you know the police are ALLOWED to LYE!
when they question you they Will
Lye to get you to say some thing.
that will let them arrest you.
even if you did nothing.

Never Forget this...

Yes! I was on the receiving end of this in my early twenties. Cops told me outright lies, with the source being supposedly my room mate who had absolutely no motive to say such lies and just wasn't that type of person. I didn't fall for it but got locked up because it sent me raging mad. Still they had nothing on me and released me with no charge.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
doesn't surprise me. my personal motto is no test, no track and trace, no vax, no thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha
Media is allowed to too now.

Which is screaming about who to defund?

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Safeway is actually rolling out home covid19 tests to buy in their grocery stores soon in the USA. That's different..
Then everyone sees that they have it LOL.

I wonder if they'll be similar to those controlled sinus meds. You know...the ones you have to show your driver's license in order to obtain? (tracing)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Thats a scary point.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

That's why this whole experience we're going through is best described as Scamdemic.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
JP Farrell said plandemic, now he has renamed it to planscamdemic

a reply to: Salander

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Stevie Wonder could see this coming. One day I went with my mom to the 1st lunch out in 4 months. The restaurant wanted my phone #..I said..no way. They were ok with my answer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join