It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Senate backs Alaska Oil Drilling

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Marge says
Oh, shots you are being mislead by the same people that one to exploit Alaska oil reserves, spills happen all the time.

I never said they did not happen, my point was if there are spills they have to be reported. I am not being mislead it is you listening to the greenie wienes and their lies.

If the oil was to be part of our benefit I would be more pro than con, but the truth is that is not to benefit any of us, but the profiteers of the oil industry.

The above is a prime example of your being mislead. What about those employed in Alaska? Surley you are not going to insist they do not benefit from the jobs are you?

As for the rest of your mumbo jumbo it is clearly biased since it originated from a greenie website which is nothing more then an effort on their part to pass along their lies.

As I have stated, I have been to Alaska and have seen it first hand so I am speaking from first hand experience in the area. There is no harm being done to wildlife that is a proven fact, you can take that to the bank.

I have several family members who work for the oil and non oil related industries are you saying they are all lying to me?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A friend of mine worked on the pipeline from the beginning. He took alot of pictures of the work and the surrounding area. They were not allowed to walk into any area that was not used for their camps, drilling rigs and or roads into the area. If they did they were fined in a big way. Their is some pollution but hey if we have an energy driven society we need oil. there is lots of oil in alaska.

Very little of Alaska has been disturbed by the drilling and the pipeline. Animals walk under the pipeline etc...

I like how some people on ats say we have a high trade deficit we need to reduce it and then say we should not drill and exploit oil in Alaska. Those people are brainless. No shirt no shoes no brain please do not enter.

The american people will benifit from alaskan oil. The oil will help reduce the trade deficit and will bring much needed oil to the market place. Big oil will make some profits but we will all benifit from this. If you want to complain do something about it, walk, quit using electricity etc... quit adding to the demand for energy from oil and coal.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
A friend of mine worked on the pipeline from the beginning. He took alot of pictures of the work and the surrounding area. They were not allowed to walk into any area that was not used for their camps, drilling rigs and or roads into the area. If they did they were fined in a big way. Their is some pollution but hey if we have an energy driven society we need oil. there is lots of oil in alaska.

Very little of Alaska has been disturbed by the drilling and the pipeline. Animals walk under the pipeline etc...

I like how some people on ats say we have a high trade deficit we need to reduce it and then say we should not drill and exploit oil in Alaska. Those people are brainless. No shirt no shoes no brain please do not enter.

The american people will benifit from alaskan oil. The oil will help reduce the trade deficit and will bring much needed oil to the market place. Big oil will make some profits but we will all benifit from this. If you want to complain do something about it, walk, quit using electricity etc... quit adding to the demand for energy from oil and coal.

You make some very valid points and the purpose of ATS is to deny ignorance therefore some appear they do not want to hear the truth when it comes to Alaskan Oil.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Shots, some people just want to bash Bush, America and or big business no matter what the subject matter is. They are not interested in thinking for themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Shots, some people just want to bash Bush, America and or big business no matter what the subject matter is. They are not interested in thinking for themselves.

I cannot argue with the Bush bashing at all. As for "not interested in thinking!"

Perhaps they do not know how to think, therefore they go on what lies they are fed.

Again this proves that one should deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Drilling in Alaska is short-sighted.

The oil reserves of the world will begin to run out in this century. Drilling will bring short-term benefits but it will not solve the problem. This is not a criticism of Bush per-say but rather the whole world.

We are now living in a dangerous period where what we do now will determine whether or not we survive to the next century. The need for renewable, non-fossil energy is greater then ever before.

Humanity is like a virus, we occupy a planet, use it's resources, destroy others sharing the planet, etc. Like viruses, if we destroy our host, Earth, we would need a new host. So far, that has not being forthcoming.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
rapier28, now that oil is high priced it should bring about new spending and innovation on different types of energy, hopefully renewables this time so we do not have wars over energy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join