It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical Race Theory *DECIMATED* as next level BS by academic article.

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

"Nobody should be required to pretend to believe themselves to be racist or to believe in invisible systems of whiteness if they don’t."

The following article: Is Critical Race Theory Racist? is a response to critics of what Donald Trump stated & claimed regarding the 'anti-American' system of training classes being wheeled out to thousands of bureaucrats & government employees, as well as in private corporate settings.

The article absolutely decimates the anti-intellectual fake BS nonsense which is currently being used by proponents of aggressive historical reconstructionism & the ultra-lefties in the no-platforming snowflake/ANTIFA crowd, all of whom love this sort of crap. But I'll say it again, the author of the article decimates the argument for critical race theory on its own historical terms. Just read it, and you'll see what I mean. It's one of those 'perfect' comebacks which can be rolled out again & again whenever necessary, just to underscore the point. Oh and I almost forgot to mention - Donald Trump's response to this issue is entirely vindicated & lauded by the author!

Truth in media guys - www.unherd.com is an EXCELLENT site for all sorts of political & current events news.

Thanks guys, read it & weep (with joy - no more anti-American, anti-White NONSENSE!)

edit on OctoberThursday20110CDT07America/Chicago-050003 by FlyInTheOintment because: tags

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So they reduced it by 10%?

Decimated comes from a punishment in the Roman army. It involved counting off all members of a unit and each tenth one was killed.

Decimated does not mean destroyed.

I do agree with the rest of the op.
edit on 10 1 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

It seems to mean pedantic and insufferable from where I'm sitting. Maybe that's just my reading of your post.

Anyway:

Critical race theory should be banned in the government at all levels. It is an exercise in cultural Marxism whereby the white man and the nuclear family are blamed for racism and that in order to be anti-racist, you must discriminate against white people and be racist yourself.

It's a backwards ideology and it's no wonder the left latches on to it.
edit on 10 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I am sorry if I said it that way. It is that the definition of that word is in the word itself. Deci means 1/10. This should be clear to anyone that understands the metric system.

As far as the Critical Rack Theory goes, it is not working. It is dividing the people and making them weaker as groups. Together we are stronger.

Everyone should be treated equally. There will be a few that cannot do that but they should be ignored rather than their views applied to others that appear the same as they do.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
So they reduced it by 10%?

Decimated comes from a punishment in the Roman army. It involved counting off all members of a unit and each tenth one was killed.

Decimated does not mean destroyed.

I do agree with the rest of the op.

Yes it does... It has two definitions according to webster 9th collegiate...

1) is to remove a tenth
2) to utterly destroy or remove the largest portion .
edit on 1-10-2020 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Pedantry's annoying when the person trying to be pedantic is incorrect.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Critical race theory should be banned in the government at all levels. It is an exercise in cultural Marxism whereby the white man and the nuclear family are blamed for racism and that in order to be anti-racist, you must discriminate against white people and be racist yourself.
It's a backwards ideology and it's no wonder the left latches on to it.

Quoted for truth.....

Not much else to be said......

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And people wonder why the US is lacking in Math and Science. Things have really taken a nasty turn when schools are used to teach things that historically had been done by parents. There are so many problems that can be helped by just getting back to teaching and using good values at home but I fear we may be too far gone

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
currently being used by proponents of aggressive historical reconstructionism & the ultra-lefties

They've almost all named themselves.

When it's time ...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Just watch this, it is less than one minute. It is all you will need to know.

edit on 1-10-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment
The article didn't really decimate critical race theory. While giving a good background on the history, it really only critiques 2 takes on it, which it claims have become popular since 2010.

This is how critical race theory developed within the academy. However, since around 2010, it has moved into the mainstream. The ideas we are most likely to hear are those of Ibram X Kendi and Robin DiAngelo.

It even ended being a little critical of Trump and offering a warning.

And rather ominiously, at Tuesday’s debate the president also responded to requests to condemn white supremacy by telling the far-Right street fighters Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by. But I’ll tell you what: Somebody’s got to do something about antifa and the left.”

While American liberals might share the president’s wish for critical race theory to cease and desist, they must retain their principles of freedom of belief and be on their guard lest this language presages authoritarian censorship.

new topics

top topics

join