It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uneasy Feeling that Attorney General Barr is Working to Protect High Level Govt Crooks.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

If Barr is truly on the President's Side, and if he truly cares about Americans being informed, he would give a status-update on the Durham investigation.

Particularly since one of the men running for President was involved in attempting to derail the Trump Presidency!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Who knows in D.C. everything is about backroom deals and I'll scratch your back you scratch mine. There are traps and misdirections lies deceit LOL and everything in between after all 90% of them are lawyers. Look at Comey's testimony today he was an arrogant prick, he definitely has somebody strong on his side or he has some serious dirt on somebody high up or deal has been made.
edit on 30-9-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

William Barr is waiting for the investigations to identify those who have broken the law. One of the limitations of being a law enforcer is that they cannot prosecute unless there is clear evidence of wrongdoing.

There are lots of allegations floating around but that doesn't mean the allegations are true, or even if the allegations are of things that are strictly illegal.

Remember that there was a lot of nonsense about Obama not being a citizen of the USA, and of his birth certificate. Even when the records were presented that proved his citizenship, it didn't stop some people from repeating the allegations. This is an example of an allegation that was simply untrue and therefore is not prosecutable.

Remember all those allegations surrounding Trump's tax records? While the amount of tax avoidance may possibly be unethical in some people's eyes, it now appears, anecdotally, that his company was compliant with the law. This is another example of something that is not prosecutable.

Barr may have been blocking prosecutions, but I doubt it. He is in a better position to know the truth of such matters that we are and seems to have been on Trump's side through the impeachment and Mueller investigations. My guess is that he is just doing his job as honestly and thoroughly as he can while walking a tightrope balance of political alliances.

edit on 30/9/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Who knows in D.C. everything is about backroom deals and I'll scratch your back you scratch mine. There are traps and misdirections lies deceit LOL and everything in between after all 90% of them are lawyers. Look at Comey's testimony today he was an arrogant prick, he definitely has somebody strong on his side or he has some serious dirt on somebody high up or deal has been made.

Listen to President Trump's statements at a rally earlier this evening.

Short VidClip: twitter.com...

Does it sound like a frustration similar to what I'm expressing with this thread?

Or, a "signal" that Barr-Durham is about to take some action?

White House Insider Qanon referenced the videoclip this evening: operationq.pub... . He rarely refers to specific words spoken by President Trump at a rally.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Former FBI Director James Comey was referred to Barr for prosecution, by the DOJ Inspector General. Barr declined to Prosecute.

The head of Senate Security, James Wolff, was found to have released the full (non-redacted) Top Secret Carter Page FISA spy warrant application to 2 media organizations.

Instead of charging him with that major crime, Barr opted to charge Wolff with "lack of candor" and was dismissed from the government.

Former Assistant FBI Director Andrew McCabe broke several laws, including leaking classified information to the press. But Barr only charged McCabe with "lack of candor" and dismissed him from the government.

There are at least 2 other similar "slap on the wrists" for high-ranking officials who were charged with for the actual crimes they committed.

Meanwhile, a Navy sailor took a photo of his work-station aboard his submarine, and proudly e-mailed to his mother. He's now serving his 3rd year in military prison.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hmm, didn't know barr worked for HW...... something about that doesn't sit well but I still have hope that he come through, but the damn thing is, why not release some of the info to let us know officially what we already know about the bidens, clinton's etc before the election. The public needs to know this

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
im sorry but i have felt as the OP states for quite a long time.

barr keeps putting out press releases how he is "investigating this" and "looking into illegal activites" that.
how he is persuing an investigation and "people will be held accountable"

but his ACTIONS show he isnt doing a damn thing .

look with the CLEAR FACTS on (ex) comey alone about ILLEGALLY passing confidential material to a person of the press .
even the chicken lawyer from futurama could get an indictment and stand more than a good chance of a conviction.

hell most of the people he is "investigating" has such hard evidence that if it were you or i with not even A TENTH OF IT we be doing a long vacation at club fed.. with no chance of a sweet plea bargin...

im sorry but the facts are he isnt gonna do a damn thing to charge much less go with a meaningful sentence on any of them..

IMO trump needs to tell him after the election due to poor job performance... YOUR FIRED.

scrounger

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I do wonder, if Barr/Durham come out with some real criminal charges, will you still have this same attitude?
I know what I think.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Wait, has the clock stopped tick-tocking? Will the vaping girl GIFs no longer work? Has everyone realized they were getting strung along?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wait, has the clock stopped tick-tocking? Will the vaping girl GIFs no longer work? Has everyone realized they were getting strung along?

Wait til they realize Trump and Q have been doing the same thing to them.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighasAkite
Wait til they realize Trump and Q have been doing the same thing to them.

That's what I was kinda hinting at...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You knew that he protected bush back in the day.

Why would you believe he changed?
Was it because someone told you he was a white hat and you just believed it?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

He quoted Q, so basically yes. He'll believe literally anything as long as the narrative is Trump = Jesus, the left = Satan and he'll disbelieve anything outside of that same narrative.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Lets hope so, but lets face it if all this is true there are some powerful and connected people and they wouldn't have any trouble paying off or threatening people. I go back to Susan McDougal sitting in prison for 18 months, now I know Bill is charmer but she receive something else for her silence. Again all of this is if it's true, as for the "Q" stuff it's been going on so long there seems to reason for it to be so cryptic and brief. Would be cool if true but right now it's very speculative at best. I've even read some of Daniel Dowd's stuff It just seems all over the place.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

But when it comes to going after those who tried to take down candidate Trump, and ultimately President Trump, Barr and his Department of Justice are proving to be a huge disappointment.

That's because with this administration there's only smoke and mirrors no fire , you can't bring people to justice on the basis of conspiracy theories.

The above is just a sample of the evidence that's giving me this uneasy feeling that William Barr is an "Infiltrator", who is in the Trump administration to protect deep-state crooks.

Now it's time to attack Trump's attack dog because he can't do the impossible , how quickly you turn.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Former FBI Director James Comey was referred to Barr for prosecution, by the DOJ Inspector General. Barr declined to Prosecute.

The head of Senate Security, James Wolff, was found to have released the full (non-redacted) Top Secret Carter Page FISA spy warrant application to 2 media organizations.

Was alleged to have done so. In court, they charged him with making a false statement to the FBI, not with leaking.

Instead of charging him with that major crime, Barr opted to charge Wolff with "lack of candor" and was dismissed from the government.

Perhaps because there was no proof that Wolff leaked the documents? You can't charge someone on the basis of unproven allegations.

My guess, from the specific language that you used, is that you have based your opinions here on this article: The Curious Case of James Wolfe Continues… - The Conservative Treehouse.

Although the article describes the evidence as "ovewhelming", that is just hyperbole because it also says it is "circumstantial" in the same sentence.

I have something to do right now but I will try and fully reply and return to this post later. Apologies.

Former Assistant FBI Director Andrew McCabe broke several laws, including leaking classified information to the press. But Barr only charged McCabe with "lack of candor" and dismissed him from the government.

There are at least 2 other similar "slap on the wrists" for high-ranking officials who were charged with for the actual crimes they committed.

Meanwhile, a Navy sailor took a photo of his work-station aboard his submarine, and proudly e-mailed to his mother. He's now serving his 3rd year in military prison.

edit on 1/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

... now to return to my response.

In regard to McCabe, the OIG ruled that he did leak some information, but that "Deputy Director, McCabe was authorized to disclose the existence of the CF " (Clinton Foundation) " Investigation publicly if such a disclosure fell within the 'public interest' exception in applicable FBI and DOJ policies..." although they did rule his leaking to be "misconduct".

OIG report 'A Report of Investigation of Certain Allegations Relating to Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe (39 page pdf)

In the case of the Navy sailor (Kristian Saucier), he took six pictures which included the nuclear reactor compartment, the auxiliary steam propulsion panel and the maneuvering compartment. At the time he took the pictures, he was aware that the they were of a classified nature. After he was interviewed by the FBI in 2012, he also destroyed the key evidence of; a laptop, a camera, and a memory card.

US ​​Navy sailor jailed for taking photos of classified areas of nuclear submarine - The Guardian

There is a difference betwen the publicly disclosed information in the cases you have described, as, while the first two had political implications, the last example had a direct impact upon national security. Hence the difference in severity of the sentencing decisions.

It also indicates how a partisan commentary can, while sounding plausible, misrepresent the truth using suggestive and emotive language. We could, any of us, be misled, if we don't go the extra mile, apply a bit of skepticism, and verify facts.

edit on 1/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

You knew that he protected bush back in the day.

Why would you believe he changed?
Was it because someone told you he was a white hat and you just believed it?

Well...here's an unexpected, but good development. The usual group of 1,600 former DOJ officials are back to bashing Attorney General Barr again.

WASHINGTON – Former Justice Department attorneys expressed concerns Thursday that Attorney General William Barr is using the power of the agency to help President Donald Trump win reelection, citing statements Barr had made about mail-in ballots and the politically fraught inquiry into the Russia investigation.

"We fear that Attorney General Barr intends to use the DOJ's vast law enforcement powers to undermine our most fundamental democratic value: free and fair elections," according to an open letter signed by about 1,600 former Justice Department employees.
More at: www.usatoday.com...

Since Attorney General Barr has not said a word about any upcoming "developments" from Durham's investigation in the past 20 days, these 1,600 officials must be getting wind of something incoming!

Today, a couple of prominent conservatives said they're getting word that Barr/Durham are about to take some kind of significant action(s). They are now optimistic, instead of frustrated and distraught.

If James Woods and especially Tom Fitton (Judicial Watch), say that they are no-longer angry at Barr for withholding valuable information from voters, it's a certainty that there will be an "October Surprise" from the DOJ that benefits President Trump.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join