It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five parrots separated at British zoo after encouraging each other to curse profusely at guests

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Something a little lighter to break away from the politics of late. Some parrots at a British zoo had to be separated because they wouldn't stop encouraging eachother to swear at zoo customers.

www.cbsnews.com...

A British wildlife sanctuary has been forced to separate five parrots who wouldn't stop swearing at visitors. Keepers say the birds encouraged each other to keep cursing, and had to be moved from the main outdoor aviary.  

They recently joined the Lincolnshire Wildlife Centre's colony of 200 African gray parrots in August, were put in quarantine together and quickly overwhelmed the staff with their naughty language.

"We are quite used to parrots swearing, but we've never had five at the same time," the center's chief executive, Steve Nichols, told AP. "Most parrots clam up outside, but for some reason these five relish it."

According to Nichols, none of the zoo's visitors complained about the parrots, and most found them amusing.

Still, keepers thought it would be best to keep them away from children so not to ruffle any feathers. They were separated and moved to various different areas of the wildlife center so they are unable to provoke each other.

Nichols told BBC News that the parrots "swear to trigger reaction or a response," so seeing people shocked or laughing only encourages the birds to curse more.

"With the five, one would swear and another would laugh and that would carry on," he said.

Who knew parrots could be trolls too? Personally I think it's a missed opportunity, seems like the swearing parrots woulda been a big hit.

EDIT: What I could find for videos after a half assed search...I.didn't watch them but they seem related.

edit on 30/9/2020 by dug88 because: Kids these days with their ADD and their youtubes, need their moving pictures to enjoy something. Nobody's got any good ole fashioned imagination anymore. Excuse me I think I hear some rowdy kids on my lawn that need a talking to.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This would go viral on Tik Tok

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
LMAO XD

We have a geriatric cockatiel that has a potty mouth (drops naughty language with ease) When the kids' friends come over, they do enjoy talking to him & trying to encourage him to do some of his non-verbal sounds, like imitating emergency vehicle sirens (although not very well) or a dead-on imitation of an old cordless phone ring tone (that ring tone trick used to drive my late grandmother crazy, she kept him for several years after her own parrot died)

When the feathered smart-ass doesn't feel like cycling through his sounds, he just outright tells them to "# off/# you".
The kids laugh their asses off at it, but oookay children, time to go play outside and leave the bird alone, he's not in the mood for company, lol.

Birds are smart as hell, and can be damn funny, or damn offensive, with what they repeat. Depends on the observer's perspective

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
That's hilarious.

We need a video of this, however.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

This is awesome, but its 1,000 times more awesome with video/audio - someone PLEASE find it, it must exist somewhere!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh man I'm rolling one of the zoo keepers says "I get called a fat tw_t every morning" oh damn that's funny as hell

(post by asabuvsobelow removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
OMG, this is funny as hell! I’m just picturing five birds swearing at people and egging on more of it. I’d be laughing so hard if I were at that zoo. Can you imagine if they got the other 200 some birds swearing? Holy crap!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Animals are amazing. I call this the "monkey-see,monkey-do" effect.

It never fails pretty much no matter what critters you have, if one see's another one doing something an gets praised it doesn't take long for the other critters to get in on that action.

Altho these parrots are mastering "thug life".
(snickers!!!)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Won't the joke be on them if the notorious five teach their new flock mates this behavior and the whole sanctuary is beset with swearing birds?

African Grays are capable of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
That's hilarious.

We need a video of this, however.

Yeah, bummed I can't laugh my ass off at these things.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Won't the joke be on them if the notorious five teach their new flock mates this behavior and the whole sanctuary is beset with swearing birds?

African Grays are capable of it.

Absolutely!!!
Spreading the smarts by relocating the birds is going to backfire.

join