It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

66% Of Spanish-Speaking Americans In Telemundo Twitter Poll Think Trump Just Won the Debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It appears Trump made an impact with Hispanic voters in last night's debate. Telemundo real time poll shows 66/34 in favor of Donald Trump.

This is one of the reasons the Democrats are pressuring Biden to discontinue debates. If Hispanic voters continue to lean Trump, they are finished.

www.independent.co.uk...

Latinos are the largest nonwhite voting bloc in the country. In Tuesday night’s feisty first presidential debate, it could be hard to make out anything, let alone decide who was more persuasive, but two thirds of followers of the Spanish language TV network Telemundo said Trump came out on top, according to a Twitter poll.

www.newsweek.com...

Both candidates have campaigned heavily in the Latino community. Trump's campaign has attempted to reel in Latino supporters with his Latinos for Trump initiative. Biden made an appearance at a September Hispanic Heritage Month celebration in Florida. Work by the Trump campaign to attract Latino voters may be paying off.

In a poll conducted after the debate, 66 percent of participants told Telemundo they believed Trump won the debate

edit on 30-9-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That’s because Mexicanos argue much the same way, trust me, I KNOW. Try arguing with a feisty Latina, lol.

My uncles constantly talk over each other when arguing and it’s funny because they seem to understand it all at the same time.

While an opinion poll, it was an instant poll to gauge reactions, they had a sizeable online audience.
edit on 30-9-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's not really surprising. Combine the fact that most Hispanics tend to be Conservative Christians and that most seem to be Catholic, you no doubt get pushback after the nasty pre-JFK Catholic haters on the Left are going after the SCOTUS nominee.

I'd expect his support among that group would keep going up.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Total ballbuster for Democrats LOL 😆

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I've never seen my mother politically active. Certainly she has voted after she got her citizenship. But she was never overtly politically active.

My mother has been registering people to vote in her senior center and has become very vocal about her support for President Trump.

Not surprised that a 64 year old Cuban woman would reject leftist politics.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Love reading this.

My wife is antipolitical. This year shes on the trump train. But being quiet about because our oldest is a bit of a leftist. Ill engage him but only with kid gloves as he doesn't respond well to deep political discussion.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think the more telling poll was WGN of Chicago. But that’s just me.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Do you have a link to it?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Si . Senor Trump Está en Bad Hombre !

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how it plays out in the end. The Hispanic vote could easily decide things. Florida likely depends on that.

I'm a Moderate, so for me, I'm being forced to vote Trump. I'm a genuine swing vote that can go either way, but I see no choice. IMO the Democrats seem to be tearing themselves apart from the inside. I'm not sure that many differing views can coexist under one Parties tent.

If I were asked now which one will win, I'd have to toss a coin and go with that.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Link

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yes , Forced Choices , I Think DEVO Said it Best .........

edit on 30-9-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

That's not really surprising. Combine the fact that most Hispanics tend to be Conservative Christians and that most seem to be Catholic, you no doubt get pushback after the nasty pre-JFK Catholic haters on the Left are going after the SCOTUS nominee.

I'd expect his support among that group would keep going up.

They liked Hillary big time...I suppose then that a Twitter poll has the 'popular pulse ??

edit on 30-9-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Thank you.

I probably would not have found that.

That poll seems to illustrate a general consensus and not statistically different than this poll, really.

Why is it more telling?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

WGN is in Chicago. Chicago is not exactly known as a Trump town. Now WGN does get national viewing due to cable contracts. Mostly in order to air Bozo the Clown.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I see. So do you believe this might mean that Chicago might be seeing some party switchers? Perhaps maybe a purple city in the future?
edit on 9 30 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Consider the source. News Nation Now is a conservative propaganda network. I wouldn’t believe anything they have to say. CNN on the other hand has integrity, and they said Biden won with 60% and only 28% said Trump won.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

CNN didn’t have integrity back during the first Gulf War under Daddy Bush when their “On Location Talent” performed a skit on a soundstage (including potted palm trees) of an incoming chemical attack that had a lower quality than a Bob Hope and Bing Crosby “On the Road to...” movie.

And that was CNN’s heyday...SCUD stud indeed.

That said, WGN is one of the very few independent stations, despite their ten year stints with the WB and the CW. But the parent company which owns the Chicago Tribune (the self proclaimed World’s Greatest Newspaper—where WGN comes from) has always been conservative and is best remembered for the Dewey Defeats Truman headline. And I have delivered ads to both the Sun-Times and Tribune. Driving a semi in downtown Chicago is a PITA, especial due to the El.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Consider the source. News Nation Now is a conservative propaganda network. I wouldn’t believe anything they have to say. CNN on the other hand has integrity, and they said Biden won with 60% and only 28% said Trump won.
CNN does not have integrity, I trust you’re being sarcastic.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
66% Of Spanish-Speaking Americans In Telemundo Twitter Poll Think Trump Just Won the Debate

That moment when Trump haters non habla espanol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join