It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News Make You Angry? DONT READ THIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I knew you would... Statistics said so.

The wonderful thing about statistics is that they vary depending on their source and what they're actually, specifically compared with. However, chances are, you'll never know the facts of those same statistics unless....

You make your own.

We all know media manipulates nearly every bit of information they 'produce' but they do it in such subtle ways that we hardly notice. Sadly, you take the stuff that we do notice, the very thing that we're all raving about from day to day, you'll see just how monstrously maddening all of this has turned out to be. We're only aware of the surface but the depth of the falsehoods... well. It just goes deep.

I've been watching a good many Thoughty2 episodes lately. This guy is brilliant. He's really easy to listen to. He's really good at putting humor with actual facts. The poor guy has even been targeted by "Snowflakes" as he calls them and he has zero to do with politics. His shows are always based on factual stories, that personally, I feel every single person should be aware of. It's extremely informative.

The video goes into sad detail after horribly sad detail of what the media is knowingly doing to us and our news to the point that it's hard to believe that it's not media itself that controls the world, not the illuminati as some believe. He goes through how media manipulates you through combining elements that never relate in the real world but they are easily manipulating your feels with them as if they were related. Images, video.. He goes on to show how "facts" and "statistics" are manipulated. Even visual charts are manipulated in a way that will make you believe a complete lie in plane sight over a fact.

This is how I believe a majority of people are being duped right now. This is why we should be going after the media along with government and hold them accountable. I would think they could be liable for a crazy amount of lawsuits because of this that goes back for many, many years, since long before media, yet media uses this as a tool to fool you completely today. Legal? If so, it's a huge grey area and it certainly isn't moral by any means. I wish more people could see this collectively. Who wouldn't love this kind of singularity?

If you care to give it a watch, it's very informative. Once you see it, you wont see "the news" the same - anywhere!

Careful... His shows are addicting.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ahhj,
There are lies,
Damned lies....

And statistics.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
AAAARRRRGGGHHHH THE STATISTICS!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The great deceiver wants to deceive us and fear monger us. Some call the great deceiver Satan, but in actuallity it is part of the nature of some people. When a bunch of people with the same controling mindset get together, they create an entity of consciousness that allows them to deceive people in mass amounts. People can not even comprehend they are spreading deceit when they parrot the deceivers. So the devil will have you believe a lie is the name of the game.

It is an entity, but the entity may not be real, just a collective consciousness of deceivers. Satan may be a real being, but he is the tester of our worthiness....I am not one hundred percent sure that we really exist, we could be part of some sort of highly sophisticated computer like system that may even assemble matter. A sort of consciousness beyond our comprehension.

Don't parrot information without checking both sides of the story.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hi Old Friend, have to say I love what you have to say here. See you again and carry on

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I think it's safe to say that 73.6 % of all statistics are made up.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

I'd like to be a smartass and say that 100% of statistics are made up.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

I think it's safe to say that 73.6 % of all statistics are made up.

My dad used to tell me that believe half of what you hear and three quarter of what you see. That was when I was around eight years old, back in around sixty three. I wonder what his percentages would be today?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

My old man told me believe half of what I see, and less of what I hear.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

If 38% of all automobile related deaths are caused by drunk drivers.
Does that mean 62% were caused by people who drive worse when
they're sober?

IDK

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
But, I grew up with the stigma of, “Don’t believe everything you see on TV”. That applies even today, just in a modern sense.

This is why I always preach to everybody, at any occasion, to be critical and think for yourself, form your own opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Idk. I'm inclined to say 100% are caused by idiots.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

If 38% of all automobile related deaths are caused by drunk drivers.
Does that mean 62% were caused by people who drive worse when
they're sober?

IDK

One of the hilarious memes that spawned from such statistics... Showed mosquitoes were the cause of global warming. The hotter it gets the more mosquitoes so... makes sense.

Knew they were no good for nuthin evil bastards! Kill all the divebombers from hell!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yes Sir, wonderful information within.

Perhaps you would be interested to read this thread on the subject of fake news and the tricks the media use.

This has been a pet hate of mine since 1998. However over the last decade I feel it has become more prevalent and more obvious.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Human beings can be controlled and manipulated very easily with what to think and what to do. We are easily manipulated into believing what we are told to think, to do. People do not realize this because everyone believes they are an individual able to think for themselves.. How wrong we are.. How horribly horribly wrong we all are. Everyone is asleep.. We Walk around like sheep amongst ourselves.. The only real sickness is in those who would control the narrative that we live in.

Fear gets out attention.. It's part of our make up.

A mask today... And what then tomorrow..

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Knew they were no good for nuthin evil bastards! Kill all the divebombers from hell!

I have a stat for that!
One mosquito in the room with 29 people and myself.
I leave with everyone's bite including my own and they
all think it's because I got chicken pox.

No joke.

BTW this is exactly what I was talk'n about!

I'd like to be a smartass and say that 100% of statistics are made up.

edit on 30-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've been saying since the riots started after every little "controversial" media piece, they are attacking the wrong people.

Destroying downtown won't help regain your sanity, "marching" on the suburbs won't fix your life.

Get these talking heads, who cry for 911 when you get close to their home. They're being paid to ruin your life and everyone in this country. PAID.

Time to list CNN and everything else as part of the government.
edit on 9/30/2020 by Nivhk because: Autocorrect sucks.

top topics

join