It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained crashes in my house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So those of you that have been around for a while may recall a thread i made back in 2013 Odd Attraction Since then in the span of the last 7 years not much has really happened as far as unexplained things go. However, last night was different.

My fiancee was working an overnight shift so it was just me and the dogs. All of the dogs sleep in the bedroom with us every single night, so they weren't downstairs for most of what I experienced.

Around 1am Dora, my German Sheppard frantically came scurrying out from underneath the bed and bolted down stairs, barking and growling from what I assumed was in the kitchen. Keep in mind the only time she does this is when she is trying to alert us of something, which has only happened twice including this instance. The first thing that came to mind was an intruder because that is what happened the first time. I grabbed one of my guns and proceeded downstairs with caution. Nothing. As soon as I got to the kitchen she stopped her barking and growling and just stood by my side. I walked outside to check things out and it was just a cool quiet night. Nothing had been disturbed, everything locked up etc. I chocked it up to maybe another animal she could smell or sense since I had the windows cracked.

So I go back to bed.

Maybe 45 minutes to and hour later I wake up to a loud thud. Dora, didn't react so I assumed I was dreaming. Not even seconds later it sounded like chairs were being flipped upside down and tossed around on the wood floors downstairs. Now I knew I wasn't dreaming, Dora took off again downstairs barking and growling. At this point I was a little freaked out, I thought there had to be someone or something downstairs. I waited a few minutes to see if it would stop and it didn't. I decided to go down again, this time a little more hesitant than the previous time.

As I'm creeping down the stairs the noises just kept going, as did the barking and growling. As soon as I stepped onto the lower level everything stopped, noises, barking and growling. Here comes Dora just trotting toward me like nothing had been going on from around the corner. I walked around expecting to see my other two dogs down there but they were standing at the top of the stairs waiting for me. Nothing was out of place and everything was as is just as before.

I'm beyond puzzled. This happened two more times throughout the night. Needless to say, I didn't sleep worth a sh*t

Just thought I'd share this with you all based off the responses I had from original thread back in 2013.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Sounds poltergeist-like. That would unnerve me.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I would set a camera right now. If it's paranormal, big chances that it'll happen again.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Maybe set up a cheap camera or something? you could even view it from your bed to see if anything is actually moving before you head down.

Show me the headless kid from 1836 moving your furniture, I'm stoked.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Wow, that sounds like a harrowing experience! At least you were armed and in good company with your dogs.

Perhaps some motion detection cameras might help find out what's going on.

Many years ago our Cocker Spaniel would just sit and stare intensely into the corner of our kitchen. He'd then suddenly get spooked by something and back out of the corner in total panic. In the process he'd knock down chairs and move the kitchen table. I always believed he was sensing spirits of some sorts. Obviously, your experience is on a totally different level.

Good luck with the ghost/intruder hunting!

edit on 30-9-2020 by Encia22 because: Tinkering

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sounds kind of weird, I have not have anything like that happen. There is a rational explanation for it. Some weird stuff happened, see, I found a rational explanation. I have had other kinds of things happen that cannot be explained, it gives me the inkling that nothing is what they want us to believe it is. I suppose there are some sorts of strange energy forces out there we cannot comprehend or explain, so they deny their existence unless there is proof they are real. Why would a spirit want to scare you like that OP? Did you piss off the ghost...whatever a ghost actually is? I believe there are many things that are not proven to be real that are actually real, over my life time I have seen evidence pop up to verify that things I and others said happened was real, but you would have been considered loony if you mentioned stuff you saw, so I did not want to be considered looney so I said nothing just like most people do.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Yeah, if I recall it was my ex that saw that. If that were me I'd be out.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Agreed, since I bought this house back in 2013 I can only recall a handful of instances that I could not explain rationally. It doesn't happen often at all but when it does, it really catches you off guard.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
So those of you that have been around for a while may recall a thread i made back in 2013 Odd Attraction Since then in the span of the last 7 years not much has really happened as far as unexplained things go. However, last night was different.

My fiancee was working an overnight shift so it was just me and the dogs. All of the dogs sleep in the bedroom with us every single night, so they weren't downstairs for most of what I experienced.

Around 1am Dora, my German Sheppard frantically came scurrying out from underneath the bed and bolted down stairs, barking and growling from what I assumed was in the kitchen. Keep in mind the only time she does this is when she is trying to alert us of something, which has only happened twice including this instance. The first thing that came to mind was an intruder because that is what happened the first time. I grabbed one of my guns and proceeded downstairs with caution. Nothing. As soon as I got to the kitchen she stopped her barking and growling and just stood by my side. I walked outside to check things out and it was just a cool quiet night. Nothing had been disturbed, everything locked up etc. I chocked it up to maybe another animal she could smell or sense since I had the windows cracked.

So I go back to bed.

Maybe 45 minutes to and hour later I wake up to a loud thud. Dora, didn't react so I assumed I was dreaming. Not even seconds later it sounded like chairs were being flipped upside down and tossed around on the wood floors downstairs. Now I knew I wasn't dreaming, Dora took off again downstairs barking and growling. At this point I was a little freaked out, I thought there had to be someone or something downstairs. I waited a few minutes to see if it would stop and it didn't. I decided to go down again, this time a little more hesitant than the previous time.

As I'm creeping down the stairs the noises just kept going, as did the barking and growling. As soon as I stepped onto the lower level everything stopped, noises, barking and growling. Here comes Dora just trotting toward me like nothing had been going on from around the corner. I walked around expecting to see my other two dogs down there but they were standing at the top of the stairs waiting for me. Nothing was out of place and everything was as is just as before.

I'm beyond puzzled. This happened two more times throughout the night. Needless to say, I didn't sleep worth a sh*t

Just thought I'd share this with you all based off the responses I had from original thread back in 2013.

Cheers!

Maybe a rat? Or something got into your ac blades?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: rickymouse

Agreed, since I bought this house back in 2013 I can only recall a handful of instances that I could not explain rationally. It doesn't happen often at all but when it does, it really catches you off guard.

Keep track of the dates it happens on. Also any moon phases it seems to happen on.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Nahhh my dogs would track that down for me. Plus, this was way to loud to be a rat. Maybe if I was in NYC though? lol

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Life is short. I rehabbed a dozen houses in life, my advice is put it on the market and move away. Take your 8% increase profit from 2020 sales. Go buy another house with low interest rates.... and get on with happy stress less life. Buy a smudge stick and use it. Rituals for spiritual cleansing on internet. The Indians did this for 2000 years to get rid of negative energy. Smudge your self and your people and the pets. Moving is very freeing. I loved it. New adventures await.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Have a priest bless your home, pray for the souls of those that have passed over and ask god to send an angel of mercy and justice to your home.

Sometimes soul's do not pass over because they have been victims of severe injustice in this world, sometimes because they fear what they may face on the other side if they were bad people and sometimes just because they fear the unknown.

Perhaps something you have done or brought into your home has upset them.

Either way a priest, Catholic or Orthodox preferably.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

What confuses me though is I'm going on 8 years of owning this house and there's been two instances of, glass shattering and then last night. Why only twice? Why the long gap in occurrences?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

It is interesting, I have not experienced similar to that, more subtle in my experience a childs toy like a big teddy with the battery's removed that belonged to my niece would go off every time we walked past the landing cupboard saying Bingo which was it's name, no battery's?.

Black shadow and mist form's, mostly our animal's either seemed scared by it (some of it) or else not too bothered, I believe it was more than one entity in our case, that house had three people die there before we moved in and that is only the known history.

The answer though is not always paranormal though yours sounds' almost like a Clairaudience experience, you may be sensitive but the dog's behaviour seems to suggest there is more to it and that something was indeed going on.

I really have no answers only questions.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I had something in about the early 2000s, recently moved in, house is built in the 70s, 80s. Downstairs one wall has built in sunken cabinets, at the time it was filled with toys, spare monitors, computer parts and other household junk.

One day when no one was downstairs, it sounded as if all the shelves collapsed, things breaking and everything came down. Woke up dead asleep parents on the other side of the house, upstairs. Go down and nothing has moved. It was extremely unnerving to a 10 year old. Needless to say, I had quite the fear of basements for a while.

It's not the only experience in this house, but most events stopped happening after we finally convinced our parents something was happening and they saged the entire house. Now it's only corner peekers and shadows in closets.

If it isn't natural, maybe try saging your place? If you do, do NOT forget any closets or crawl spaces, it'll end up sneaking back in over the years.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Do you have room under or above the house? Sound can carry and would still effect the dog. Someone could be living in your place. So many homeless out there it seems it happens a lot.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I was just going to mention this -- the unseen roomie could definitely be a homeless person taking advantage of a space somewhere. In all honesty, the animals getting defensive, but backing off lends a pretty good amount of credence to it, the individual could have been coming and going long enough for the dogs to become semi-used to them, hence the apparent no-#s-given attitude upon return from the Shep -- "Oh, it's Bob the Bum again, never mind."

Don't discount it, OP. Investigate that, no matter how unlikely you think it is. If nothing else, you may have an opportunity to really help someone out in a tangible way.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I've heard many reports of noises like you experienced, breaking glass etc, but when investigated nothing was broken or out of place. I wonder if either they are breaking things in their 'reality' but not ours, or just projecting the sounds to screw with people

top topics

join