It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Wins Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well folks, only a few hours after the dust has settled, the results as predicted in this thread, are in and unequivocally clear.

Biden Wins by a landslide. Just like back in 2016, just 28% of people thought Trump won the debates against Hillary.

Well, I guess we remember how that turned out.

www.cnn.com...

Six in 10 debate watchers said former Vice President Joe Biden did the best job in Tuesday's debate, and just 28% say President Donald Trump did, according a CNN Poll of debate watchers conducted by SSRS.

The post-debate result is about the same as the outcome of a post-debate poll in 2016 after the first debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton. In that poll, 62% thought Clinton won the debate, 27% said Trump did.

fortune.com...

Moments after Tuesday night’s bruising Trump-Biden presidential debate, the world weighed in on who won and who lost. Judging by the closely watched betting markets, score one for the blue team.

“Biden seems to have come ahead in last night’s… somewhat-chaotic debate against Trump,” Holger Schmieding, chief economist at Berenberg Bank, wrote in a note to investors this morning. “The probability of a Biden win has risen to 58.4% versus 55.3% just ahead of the debate, up from 51.0% four weeks ago. The probability of a Trump win has fallen to 40.0% from 42.5% before the debate and 46.2% four weeks ago.”

www.forbes.com...

Early polls taken after the debate found voters believed Joe Biden performed better than President Trump during the raucous hour and a half event, a sign voters may have been turned off by the president’s brash debate style, in which he constantly interrupted and talked over Biden.

Six in 10 voters said Biden won the debate Tuesday, while just 28% said Trump was victorious, a CNN poll of debate watchers conducted by SSRS found.

An even larger majority (65%) said Biden was “more truthful” in his answers than Trump (29%), according to the CNN survey.

63% of voters said Biden had a better plan for solving the country’s problems than Trump (30%).

+29 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If saying your opponent is a liar while lying yourself is considered winning then... sure biden won. Biden was fumbling over his face throughout the entire debate.

He deflected numerous facts against him, he said he never said to troops "you dumb bastards" then proceeds to tell people to run the video... which can easily be done.

Trump destroyed biden, but honestly Trump should've stfu and let biden bury himself. But its clear Trump was doing all that to try and offset biden's train of thought, and it worked flawless
edit on 9/30/2020 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I don't think Trump's performance will convince any swing voters to vote for him. On the contrary, I think Trump turned off more swing voters than before the debate with his style of leadership.
edit on 30-9-2020 by njd2025 because: _

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It’s easier to win a basketball game when the ref is on your side, and everytime your opponent goes for a lay up the ref slaps the ball out of his hand.

Everytime trump brought up something that might seriously hurt Biden, Wallace jumped in front of joe and derailed it.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I think they meant to say that Wallace and Biden won the debate.

+6 more 
link   
How did Biden win a debate between Chris Wallace and Trump?

link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
It’s easier to win a basketball game when the ref is on your side, and everytime your opponent goes for a lay up the ref slaps the ball out of his hand.

Everytime trump brought up something that might seriously hurt Biden, Wallace jumped in front of joe and derailed it.

What would Trump do without his Trumpster’s making excuses for him?

+14 more 
link   

And this is a surprise?

Of course the MSM is going to crown Biden the winner.

So much so that they are also calling for the rest of the debates to be canceled, because; reasons.

Might as well get Trump out now and move Biden in today.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It was his wire, sealed the deal when it told him to call Cheetolini 'clown'.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
We had some Yank lady on out BBC talk show today talking to Jeremy Vine. She said Trump will lose many voters including her as he didn't condemn the far right and the Pretty Boys?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

What would Trump do without his Trumpster’s making excuses for him?

Well even with all the msm and Dems making excuses for Biden he will never be president.

At least our side is capable of making it work.
Try shouting “noooo” at the sky for 4 more years.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So we guage the winner by how they performed? Biden has 47 years of political theater behind him, making promises and delivering nothing. This was not his best performace by a long shot. I vote on issues that matter to me. Biden brings nothing to the table.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And this is a surprise?

Of course the MSM is going to crown Biden the winner.

So much so that they are also calling for the rest of the debates to be canceled, because; reasons.

Might as well get Trump out now and move Biden in today.

Not a single person is posting what Joe Biden said on stage except maybe the "shut up man!" part.

Nothing about policy or zingers nothing. Everyone is reacting to Trump and I suspect the majority of those people already voted.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Only that it took less than 12 hours before these were posted after the debates. Didn't even give it a full day before they started posting these.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Trump, Biden, and the moderator talking over each other just gave me a headache. It doesn't matter if Biden "won" the debate to me. I am still voting for Trump.
edit on 30 9 2020 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Can't help but notice the repeated 6 out of 10. Where is the total sum of voters polled?

Isn't that important to get any kind of use out of 6 out of 10?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
She said Trump will lose many voters including her as he didn't condemn the far right and the Pretty Boys?

I believe their actual not-gay-at-all name is 'The Proud Boys'.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The post debate polls will determine the winner. Let's see if Trump gets a bump in the polls with swing voters.

His white supremacist base is very happy. But he already had that segment of the population.

I don't think Trumps middle finger populism and debate bully behavior is going to help him with swing voters.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

its sad to say that they are likely correct. Trump screwed up. The double whammy. He was overly aggressive and continuously interrupted Biden instead of letting Biden talk and sink himself. There was plenty of time to hammer Biden after Biden was done talking.

Trump has to sit back and give Biden rope. His failure to do this made him look petty and angry, and it kept him from having a clear and concise message.

Lets be honest: these debates are purely spectacle. No one is undecided. There is nothing to really gain by having them, other than giving pundits a few news cycles of material to talk about.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
She said Trump will lose many voters including her as he didn't condemn the far right and the Pretty Boys?

I believe their actual not-gay-at-all name is 'The Proud Boys'.

Sorry AM and many thanks for the corection nI'm just pretty new to the electioneering in the States and all the groups............ It The Proud Boys

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join