It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Politics Is One Giant Psyop: Why Should Debate Be Any Different

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
We've had an entire summer jammed full of violence and mayhem across the US, from coast to coast, with the key factors being race and law enforcement (we'll set aside ANTIFA's anarchy as really a byproduct of the chaos, opportunistic anarchists ). So naturally, with such a vital topic demanding attention of our political leaders, the questions of race and law enforcement were back-burnered right out of the gate; by my rough estimate (please correct me if I'm wrong) 15-20 minutes elapsing from the debate's start until the issue was broached.

An incomplete list of subjects that accrued lengthy discussion before even a mention of our cities turned into battlefields:

1. Supreme Court justice selection
2. COVID
3. Economy
4. Obama-care
5. Trump's tax returns

And various other side discussions on diverse topics of foreign policy, corruption, yadda yadda yadda.

Finally, when the moderator reaches the section set aside for debating the issues around race and violence, you know, the causal items we've all assumed are pertinent to our cities being on fire for a good part of 2020, and the very first question in the segment is:

"Mr. Trump, do you recall 3 years ago, when 'white supremacists' marched in Charlottesville...."

o_O

I nearly turned off the debate at that point, because how can it be any clearer that MSM is in cahoots with tPTB to deflect, distract and disguise the very nature of reality that confronts us at this point in time.

I'd like an accurate count of:
* how many murders in 2020 have been attributable to 'white supremacists' versus those attributable to BLM/ANTIFA supporters
* how many police have been assaulted/killed by 'white supremacists' in 2020 versus those attributable to BLM/ANTIFA supporters
* how many arrests for rioting, looting and arson in 2020 have 'white supremacists' versus BLM/ANTIFA supporters
* how much property destruction and damage to city property/infrastructure can be blamed on 'white supremacists' versus BLM/ANTIFA supporters

Again, it's pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. The playbook for MSM and tPTB was laid bare during some of the opening moments of the rioting after the unjust killing of George Floyd, when ABC/CBS "news commentators" cited "anonymous law enforcement sources" as believing the (who else?) groups of 'white supremacists' were to blame for the rioting, violence and looting we all saw on our televisions.

"Everything that your side is guilty of, blame the other side for it"

You got it yet? You understand how this ##it works??

Until the "Proud Boys" start gunning down people in the street, involving themselves in OK Corral shootouts with law enforcement like that puke from Portland, assaulting police, burning, looting and forcing bystanders to chant their slogans, I don't GAF about them. That's it. They are a convenient bogeyman, trotted out as some sort of destructive, corrosive social phenomenon, when the reality is their representation is so minuscule and the damage they spread in society PALE IN COMPARISON with what has been seen courtesy of BLM/ANTIFA.

I have never in my life seen such a blatant and obvious 180 on the facts on the ground and utter disregard on reporting the truth. The only feats of counter-intel and disinformation I can think of were "WMD in Iraq" and "Winning the Hearts & Minds" in Vietnam, although I wasn't alive for the latter.

I truly hope that members of ATS can see this for what it is, a monumental feat of information engineering and disinformation the likes we have only seen during the midst of major warfare. But no longer are such psyops reserved for matters of foreign state and war; we are witnessing it play out across the streets and neighborhoods of this country; bitter cold medicine shoved down our throats nightly from our politicians and their MSM allies.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

It's hard to believe they're still using that Charlottesville quote out of context, but I guess no one will actually check out the entire thing, as the literal next sentence was condemning white supremacists. Yet there they were last night still asking about the fine people quote.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I am just awake so forgive the writing style please.

Thank you for posting!
I am still in disbelief at the tone of the entire sham!

So democrats essentially torch cities, scream for more covid shut downs, start fires
politically and economically everywhere, all to ostensibly tear down Trump (like he’s a statue)
and then, organize the debates to essentially blame Trump for the carnage!
It was demoralizing and insane.

Imagine you’re watching a hockey game.
Two players begin to fight. The referee steps in to separate players
and starts punching one of the brawlers...repeatedly,
always attacking the player from one team
and one team only, before being tasked with writing up the penalties!

The moderation was slanted horribly for Biden, every interruption, every prompt was
a goad at Trump. At times you could hear two voices whenever Biden spoke!

Biden: (slurring drunkenly) “Come on man, give me a break, don’t listen to this clown...”
Wallace: “Mister Trump, under your watch the country has suffered burning and
destruction of entire cities!
Are you telling us it’s not your fault?”

Biden: “I wanna talk about global warming...”

Yes. A flat out psy-op. This singular point deserves a thread.

Thank you.

# 1168
edit on 30-9-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

It's hard to believe they're still using that Charlottesville quote out of context, but I guess no one will actually check out the entire thing, as the literal next sentence was condemning white supremacists. Yet there they were last night still asking about the fine people quote.

FFS!

It happened 3 years ago! In one tiny city! With how many participants! How many people were assaulted, injured, killed, how much property destroyed, relative to the sheer onslaught and combat of 2020.

It is WHATABOUTISM on steroids.

I'm tired of hearing about it; it's a slap in the face to cogent, informed observers who have been paying close attention to the details this year.

I'm a white person who detests 'white supremacy' BUT...

- are "Proud Boys" really 'white supremacists"?? If so, then let's deal with them appropriately, BUT I don't think they are, certainly not because MSM tells me such...

- are the 'white supremacists' chanting 'Black Power' and calling good, American Black police officers 'uncle tom' and other racist epithets, like I saw with my own two eyes in the Louisville protest feed? No, I'm afraid I'm not simple enough to be duped on that matter. I'll just have to go on believing my lyin' eyes instead of Chris Wallace or the other MSM mouthpieces.

Again, I challenge anyone, ANYBODY in the media or anybody that consumes their rubbish, to tally up all the numbers, all the deaths, injuries, property damage accumulated this year from alleged 'white supremacists', and put that side by side with all of the handiwork from BLM/ANTIFA. Let's get a true, factual accounting of who and what is inflicting the most destruction on this country in 2020.

ETA

No offense meant to you Tekner, just pointing out the hypocrisy of citing Charlottesville as some kind of indicator of the rot and disease that has afflicted our society, when in reality the problem is the polar opposite.
edit on 30-9-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well said, you covered many points I would like to think everyone else sees too.

Particularly the blaming Trump, or the right, for what the left is doing.

They are following the Nazi take over of Germany in the 1930s...perfectly.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Dare to think for yourself, different or outside the box.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The debate was of very poor substance.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
Until the "Proud Boys" start gunning down people in the street, involving themselves in OK Corral shootouts with law enforcement like that puke from Portland, assaulting police, burning, looting and forcing bystanders to chant their slogans, I don't GAF about them. That's it. They are a convenient bogeyman, trotted out as some sort of destructive, corrosive social phenomenon, when the reality is their representation is so minuscule and the damage they spread in society PALE IN COMPARISON with what has been seen courtesy of BLM/ANTIFA.

It seems to me you are misinformed. According to these two articles 329 people have died from White Supremacists compared to zero from Antifa:

www.businessinsider.com...

www.theguardian.com...

The Guardian and Business-Insider are not exactly left-wing news outlets.

I think there's a big different between the two groups. With White Supremacy black people are targeted because of the color of their skin, Where as ANTIFA targets people who are promoting hatred behaviors. In the first case people have no choice over their skin color. In the second case everything White Supremacists do is a choice. ANTIFA would not exist if the White Supremacists did not have their agenda of hatred. Where as black people can't change the color of their skin.

I think you have it all wrong. Trump not condemn radical right behavior is a big deal. I think Trump is a Russian operative. He owe's so much debt to Russian banks they pull his strings like a puppet. Trump is trying to destroy our union, our democracy, and the civil fabric of our societ because he's a Russian operative.

edit on 30-9-2020 by njd2025 because: _

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

I agree. I just wish Trump showed some character by abiding by the rules of the debate. But since he's an dictator he cannot accept anyone else authority being in control. The debate was horrible TV. I think for Trump, his performance did absolutely nothing to persuade swing voters to his side. On the contrary, I think Trump's performance last night may have seal his fate in losing the election. We will see if he get's a post-debate boost or drop. I'm betting it's a drop in the polling.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Again, I challenge anyone, ANYBODY in the media or anybody that consumes their rubbish, to tally up all the numbers, all the deaths, injuries, property damage accumulated this year from alleged 'white supremacists',

Is this a trick question?

Just google, "how many people have died from antifa"

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Odd isnt it. On the one hand its a giant Psyop as you have pointed out while at the same time the cultural fabric that was the national fabric has been rent asunder

And thats weird because as the nation falls apart, it makes the whole reason for the Psyop kind of pointless.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Odd isnt it. On the one hand its a giant Psyop as you have pointed out while at the same time the cultural fabric that was the national fabric has been rent asunder

And thats weird because as the nation falls apart, it makes the whole reason for the Psyop kind of pointless.

I don't think it's a psyop operation like the original post is claiming. Here's a good video on pysops:

metanoia-films.org...

Pysops are a very different thing that two presidential candidates responding to questions from a moderator.

I think Trump is a Russian operative trying to destroy our democracy and the power of our country. He owes a billion dollars to Russian banks and he's being strong armed into being a puppet to foreign interests.

edit on 30-9-2020 by njd2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: njd2025
No one died from Proud Boys, it's just an idea instead of a hierarchical order.

Anything else is just center propaganda.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Everything about it was horrible.

As an independent in moderate town (size and makeup), none of my political concerns were touched on, at least not in great length.

One guy was staying in Mr. Rogers character while not making any real sense, one guy was picking fights with the moderator and speaking over everyone, and the moderator had no balls....

Well, we had a good ride guys... But if we're going to dance around low priority talking points in the biggest do or die moment in generations, my confidence is low.

At least the sinking will be entertaining.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: njd2025

It seems to me you are misinformed. According to these two articles 329 people have died from White Supremacists compared to zero from Antifa:

www.businessinsider.com...

www.theguardian.com...

The Guardian and Business-Insider are not exactly left-wing news outlets.

I think there's a big different between the two groups. With White Supremacy black people are targeted because of the color of their skin, Where as ANTIFA targets people who are promoting hatred behaviors. In the first case people have no choice over their skin color. In the second case everything White Supremacists do is a choice. ANTIFA would not exist if the White Supremacists did not have their agenda of hatred. Where as black people can't change the color of their skin.

I think you have it all wrong. Trump not condemn radical right behavior is a big deal. I think Trump is a Russian operative. He owe's so much debt to Russian banks they pull his strings like a puppet. Trump is trying to destroy our union, our democracy, and the civil fabric of our societ because he's a Russian operative.

No, I'm afraid it's YOU who are misinformed.

Number one, I'll dismiss your "news" source's convenient and contrived manipulation of facts by deciding to 'window' their data between 2020 and back through 1994, OH HOW CONVENIENT. Let's compare the death toll between the movements far enough back in the past before ANTIFA even existed in the early 90s. If we're going to fudge the numbers like so, then maybe I should go ahead and include the left wing slaughter of millions of people since the early 1900s, Central America (Sandinistas), and Lenin and Stalin (USSR) and Mao (China) and so on. Sound fair?

As was clearly mentioned in the OP, we're talking about this year, 2020 in the US. These are the tactics of the garbage "journalists" that infest the MSM: play semantic games, tweak the context of information to trick the gullible. Do you consider yourself gullible?? I hope not.

I see that you conveniently omitted any association with ANTIFA for "Michael Reinoehl, 48, a self-described antifa sniper, is conveniently excluded from the ANTIFA death tally. No big deal. He only gunned down a quote-unquote "far right protester" in Portland, so clearly we can see that his handiwork must not count in this discussion. Then, when cornered by LE, began indiscriminately firing off rounds in a suburb; he could've easily killed a handful of additional people before he was put down.

And I see you appear to have also excluded the multiple murders that occurred during the CHOP fiasco in Seattle over the summer. You and the MSM must have again suffered from temporary amnesia? Or are we blaming those deaths on "white supremacists" too? Hmm, I seem to recall that it was ANTIFA and their acolytes behind the CHOPing back in July.

Now let's move on to the violence in Kenosha, where two radical left ANTIFA rioters effectively committed suicide by repeatedly pursuing, harassing and assaulting Kyle Rittenhouse, who killed both men in self-defense. Not a very wise move to attack a person well-trained on and in possession of a semi-auto rifle, but we're simply counting bodies here. Had those radicals NOT persisted in attacking Rittenhouse, they'd both be alive today.

My body count is up to at least 5 ANTIFA-related deaths in the US in 2020, which are the data points I'm interested in. Not seeing any recent data at all for quote-unquote "white supremacist" deaths in the "news pieces" you linked to, which played fast and lose with the facts.

I could go on and start summing up the incidents of property destruction, assaults, //attempted// murders by ANTIFA supporters (like the documented cases of arson in the Western US during '20, and the ANTIFA sympathizer who attempted to murder an entire hotel full of people by igniting the building's gas line, arson at the police station in Seattle whilst blocking the exit doors), but I'm short on time.

The violence and death and destruction occurring in the here and now is 100% at the feet of ANTIFA, BLM and friends. The blatant falsehoods and attempted deflection concocted by the MSM with dragging "white supremacists" into the discussion is just plain untrue, and an attempt to distract from the true perpetrators of the unrest.

It's a psyop. Ask yourself: do you value truth? Do you enjoy being lied to, and manipulated with cooked up news stories using dodgy data?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: njd2025

originally posted by: TonyS

I don't think it's a psyop operation like the original post is claiming. Here's a good video on pysops:

metanoia-films.org...

Pysops are a very different thing that two presidential candidates responding to questions from a moderator.

I think Trump is a Russian operative trying to destroy our democracy and the power of our country. He owes a billion dollars to Russian banks and he's being strong armed into being a puppet to foreign interests.

So the MSM crafting B.S. stories to cherry pick data comparisons on deaths attributable between "white supremacists" and ANTIFA is NOT a psyop to you?

Debate moderators intentionally emphasizing certain discussion subjects to fit the MSM narrative is NOT a psyop to you?

I think you need to cast a wider net regarding what constitutes a psyop.

Search through the forums and see numerous posts on ATS linking the founding and formation of the US MSM news organizations (CBS, ABC) with former CIA and US Army counter-intel/psychological warfare experts. I know I have posted at least 1-2 threads on the relationship between the two.

Read up, and understand how these "news" organizations operate, who is pulling their strings, what their goals are.

Get informed. You are being manipulated and "programmed" and apparently don't even realize it.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The debate is what the Special Olympics would be if I got to design the Special Olympics.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The debate is what the Special Olympics would be if I got to design the Special Olympics.

Remember those videos where they would give homeless guys money or beer to fight each other?

This feels like they're doing the same thing, but with dudes from the retirement home.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Remember those videos where they would give homeless guys money or beer to fight each other?

This feels like they're doing the same thing, but with dudes from the retirement home.

This is like they were playing the Knockout Game on their own heads.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The problem is choice, in this case not having a real choice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join