It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple reports service outages on iCloud, Apple TV, Apple Music and more as engineers rush to repair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Apple engineers were working on Tuesday night to repair widespread outages across their systems, affecting iCloud, the App Store and Apple TV, among other services.

It was not clear what was causing the disruption, first reported around 8pm EST on Tuesday.

Apple's dashboard, showing the status of their services, was alight with red warning signs, indicating outages.

Apple reports service outages on iCloud, Apple TV, Apple Music and more as engineers rush to repair the problems

I don't use Apple products so I wasn't really interested in Apple news but I opened this news out of curiosity. What caught my attention was that the problem started at 8pm eastern time and the engineers didn't know what caused it. I thought that was funny. Was it just a coincidence that it happened at the very start of the Trump biden debate? Maybe it was divine intervention. I don't think Apple wanted to broadcast the debate worldwide anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Yesterday it was Microsoft that had the issues.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

China!

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: interupt42

China!

russia

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

My Comcast Modem was going ON then OFF , Then I Reset , it came Back On Right around 8PM EST . Hmmm... Wonder if the Debate Had Anything to do with that....

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yeah, sorry about that.. It was my new dishwasher.. It has wifi, and supposedly it activated SkyNet right now.

Its making noises.

Edit: Come on, the manual was incomplete!

The question "Are Humans ( ) enemies ( ) friends" was... not so easy! *Points at various sites on the internet*

I think my dishwasher started to talk to Siri and they might have found a solution.
edit on 30 9 2020 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Most people don't have an I. T. Background in the bigger end of the system and it's amazing to people how crappily the background infrastructure quite often is.

Quite often when stuff goes wrong it should fallover but doesn't which can lead to zombie like systems causing all sorts of fun

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Least we haven't entered Warhammer era, where once tech gets broken, no one is alive anymore that can fix it. Or worse, make new ones.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

With some mainframe tech were almost at that point as its still needed so IBM etc try and train up new graduates but it's not fashionable.

Problem is that moving to newer tech you just know that metric crap tons of f.... Ups will happen and who wants that with their bank balance.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

A report was out yesterday that old TV sets can cause outages for internet users

new topics

top topics

join