It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coup d' Etat took place in Damascus last night.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is one that should be watched closely for sure...

Good find.......Thats one thing about ATS, it gets the news quickly!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
ed, it turned out it was a hoax... though the threat is there, and it could happen at any time...

I would like to see what will happen in the very near future...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
ed, it turned out it was a hoax... though the threat is there, and it could happen at any time...

I would like to see what will happen in the very near future...

Yeah, just read that far....still one to watch though as Assad doesn't seem to have the grip his father had.

And to think they were allies in Gulf War I.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

ed, it turned out it was a hoax

This has not been confirmed as a hoax. All that has been confirmed is that if there is factionalization within the syrian military and ruling elite, then the syrian public is not aware of it having reached a climax point.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
free lebanon is sticking to its guns. They are stating that there has infact been bloodshed

The Air force base of Dumair around the capital Damascus has been attacked. This base for the Syrian Air force is in charge of protecting the capital Damascus. Maher el Assad who is in charge "temporarily" of the Air Force Military Intelligence command gave the orders to attack the base. There are around 15 Syrian officers pilots dead, the base has been "cleaned up" after the attack and the presumed casualties have been declared "transferred" to a different military base within Syria. Another attack was launched against a similar military base around Katana and West of Homs in Syria, we have no reports yet of the number of casualties there. This news was confirmed from delicate sources within the Syrian Military.

On the one hand they have very detailed and specific information as to whats going on. On the other, they are reporting very bizaare behaviour. The assad faction bombed an airport? And then the Militarist faction trots along to have discussions with the lebanese gov to cover up the hariri assasination? Very bizzare.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Is all this news to suggest Syria is like struggling wounded animal and now would be oppertune moment to take them out ?

[edit on 18-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Here´s a link suggesting that rebels have taken control over parts of Damascus...

From: Middle East Newsline: OPPOSITION REPORTS COUP IN DAMASCUS

Syria's military was said to have increased deployment around Damascus amid tension within the regime. Opposition sources said the Syrian military has undergone a split, with a rebel faction having taken control over parts of the capital.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
What do you think the repercussions would be, should a Coup d'etat were to acheive its political objectives... Do you think that it will cause a HUGE war in the region?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

What do you think the repercussions would be, should a Coup d'etat were to acheive its political objectives... Do you think that it will cause a HUGE war in the region?

No not a huge war but it could stop the Israelis and Palestinians in there peace serach.....

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
To try and clear this up, and because nobody appears to have done it so far, I have taken the liberty of "alerting" the BBC to this and requesting they investigate.

Watch this space, if nothing comes out of the Beeb, then chances are it is not true.

EDIT..... Strange this seems to coincide with a new bomb attack in Beruit.....

[edit on 19/3/05 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I dont know about you guys but to me it is obvius that everything recently happening in the lebanon is of CIA or Mossad"s or combined work.Preparing the Lebanon for another war so the U.S has an excuse to invade and sorround Syria.Or some other plans maybe democratization or who knows im not cia i dont know how those people think.Any opinions on this?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pretorian03
I dont know about you guys but to me it is obvius that everything recently happening in the lebanon is of CIA or Mossad"s or combined work.Preparing the Lebanon for another war so the U.S has an excuse to invade and sorround Syria.Or some other plans maybe democratization or who knows im not cia i dont know how those people think.Any opinions on this?

I think Bush is trying to prove that Iraq wasn't a failure and that democracy is flowing in the region. But I don't think the CIA planned the bombings... coz lebanese security forces hid some evidence...
Anyway it might be a plot to destabilise Syria by getting her out of Lebanon, for Syria is somehow reliant on Lebanon for her economy...

There might be a military coup in Syria but it will be cause a Kurdish uprising in the northern-eastern part of Syria if news of this coup spreads. And the US doesn't want this to happen... I mean it might worsen relationships with Turkey, or the kurdish in Iraq might do the same... Turkey might intervene in Syria and northern Irak and send the region into turmoil...
It's very complex and it might explain why it hasn't reached CNN if it did really happen

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Bl00D_Th0rN]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bl00D_Th0rN

Originally posted by Pretorian03

There might be a military coup in Syria but it will be cause a Kurdish uprising in the northern-eastern part of Syria if news of this coup spreads. And the US doesn't want this to happen...
[edit on 20-3-2005 by Bl00D_Th0rN]

what !!! syrian gov used to kill kurdish when they just used to speak !!! lolz ... those are underground news that no one knows .... .btw syrian ppl hates kurdish

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
At least this thread makes one thing very clear, it seems very hard to get a clear picture of what is going on in Syria, due to surpression of free media, maybe that by itselve is a good reason to liberate them

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Heres a question that may seem a little off-topic at the moment... What is Israels main source of income, is there any profit to be made in the continuation of violence with Palastine?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Heres a question that may seem a little off-topic at the moment... What is Israels main source of income, is there any profit to be made in the continuation of violence with Palastine?

The israeli economy is about as dependant on palestian workers as the US economy is on immigrants, probably more so.

However, your theory makes no sense. The main push for no peace and more violence comes from the palestinians, not the israelis.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The main push for no peace and more violence comes from the palestinians, not the israelis.

What does the Palestinians have to gain from more violence? As for Palestine being the main provocetuer in more violence, where did you get this information from? As far as my sources reach - they are both pretty much hoping for peace, though they are still quite weary and on edge during this ceace-fire...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join