It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Split Screen for any PC Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If anyone else is like me and misses the days when multiplayer gaming meant gathering around a small TV with your buddies with a bunch of controllers and duking it out while accusations of screenwatching flew back and forth every time someone gets a kill, then you may like this.

universalsplitscreen.github.io...

Universal Split Screen is a standalone application that directs Windows input to enable local multiplayer in PC games with keyboards, mice and controllers. Play local co-op with one game copy on one computer

The list of tested games is currently fairly small, but it should work with any PC game with a LAN or Steam Lobby invite option.

This sounds pretty awesome to me, i've scoured steam for just about every local multiplayer game I can find, there's some good ones, but the options are fairly limited compared to online only games. This opens up a pretty big world of choices for some local mulitplayer gaming.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This actually looks like a decent idea.

Used to play this game way back in the day on an old Amiga called hired guns, your controls were all done with a mouse and it split the screen 4 ways and I had 4 mice plugged in

They say they already tested this on Dont Starve which would be awesome as a coop mulitplayer

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Ah, memories of Goldeneye on the SNES.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Where did LAN parties go ?
Chances to show off both your system and your skill...

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I have been complaining about the lack of local multi-player for years. It's practically nonexistent on consoles now too but I would love to be able to play some local multiplayer/co-op with the nephews on PC.

new topics

top topics

join