It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news for Fukushima nuclear power plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
They finally got a breaker wall finished hopefully that will help against any major earthquakes.

Talk on it I lost the link.

I'll see if I can post it again.
edit on 0900000054482020-09-29T02:48:54-05:00485409am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That's great and all, but I think the damage has already been done, most just don't know it yet or seem to care for that matter.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

It's true what you said.
My wife's friend worked at the nuclear power plant prior to the accident.
There's some kind of engineer there and he told us that the technology that is available today is not good enough.
He said within maybe 50 years if possible they may have the technology to do what's necessary to decontaminate the area but even then he said with his experience in the nuclear field it's anybody's guess at the moment.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The real question I would like an answer to is.. Where did the core of the reactors go exactly.. They melted through the floor and went.. Down.. Down.. Down.. But to where.. Anyone keeping track of that yet?

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 68Satellite

They need to drill down and plant a mini H bomb there and vaporise what is left

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

The disaster that just keeps on giving.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If they keep going down into the earth they'll eventually come out in China.

What? That's what all the adults said when we dug a hole in the yard...

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 68Satellite

They are in the containment vessel basically a concrete basin they had built under the reactors. The issue was the earth quake caused a crack in the containment vessel allowing water to seep out. They finnally sealed it and now they will start removing the nuclear fuel next year. Once they have this done the area will recover quickly within 2 years it wil be within safe levels. The trick is they will have to use remote drones to remove the reactor fuel and thats going to take a while.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I worked hitech doing mapping during the Fukushima quake, and I had access to sat imagery and up to date street view of the aftermath.

The amount of large waste containers just started to fill up acres of land, then it was giant black plastic bags piling up.
The street view made my cry, it was less than a year after but still highly toxic, all the houses were flattened, everything was abandoned and overgrown. The few vehicles were mostly buses with workers in full hazmat suits on, and you could still see the look in their eyes watching the street view vehicle pass, like WTF are you doing here?!?

And the part that ruined me was seeing elderly police officers directing the few cars and traffic, and only wearing a simple dust mask. It had to be the last photos of those brave folk still alive, I mean that place was and still is insanely toxic

Thanks for the update!

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i like the good news

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I get continuous warnings, that a skyscraper will disappear in Japan. Interesting, isn't it? a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

www.sciencedaily.com...

Found 1 recent report about such.

top topics

join