It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Angry at Man Who Protested the 3,200 Shootings This Year.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Tuesday, September 29, 2020

This guy was so angry over the number of children shot in Chicago this year, he PROTESTED by riding his horse down a freeway, partially blocking traffic.

Today, Mayor Lori Lightfoot showed no empathy for his cause. Instead, she called a press conference to give an update on the horse's condition, and to express her ANGER at the "Dreadhead Cowboy" for having the nerve to protest the shootings in her city, the way he did.

The horse ridden down the Dan Ryan Expressway as part of a protest by the “Dreadhead Cowboy” is recovering, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Monday.

“The horse was in shock, had to be put on an IV (but) is making steady progress, I’m happy to report!”, she said.

Lightfoot again made clear, though, that she objected to the “stunt,” as she called the protest.

“What he did was absolutely wrong,” she said. “He almost killed that horse!"
More at: www.chicagotribune.com...

Chicago Shooting Counter - Updated Every 4 hours: heyjackass.com...

Lightfoot has got to be one of the dumbest big-city Democrat Mayors in America.

1.) She prioritizes a horse's health over preventing human murders. She restricted travel from Wisconsin to Chicago because 15 out of every 100,000 people tested for Covid-19 came out positive.

2.) Yesterday Lori Lightfoot restricted travel from/to neighboring Wisconsin because 290 people were hospitalized in that state for Covid-19 in September. (Wi population = 5.8 million citizens) Duhhh.

3.) To make the Homeless and former Felons happy, Lightfoot gave each of them $1,000 because they were not eligible for the Covid-19 Federal Stimulant. Two weeks later, the mayor sounds the alarm. Chicago is worse than broke!

Bend over Chicago for Lori's giant Dildo!: news.wttw.com...

-CareWeMust

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Funny. She didn't have a problem with it until he started protesting the wrong thing...

edit on 29-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   

She welcomed his help until he almost killed his horse.

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I tell you, Lightfoot is a strange bird...even by Chicago "standards", which are very lax.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

She welcomed his help until he almost killed his horse.

www.msn.com...

In July, Lightfoot hired this guy to ride his horse around Chicago and encourage residents to complete their census forms.

As "DH Cowboy" started meeting more families, he experienced first-hand the large (and growing) number of grieving families who have lost loved-ones to Black-on-Black violence in Chicago.

So he began protesting the violence, in addition to his census encouragement job.

If the horse had of died while he was doing his job to help the city get more revenue from the Feds, the animal would have been quickly replaced, no questions asked. And, for all we know the one he rode in protest of the shootings, may not be the original horse from July.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   

You've cherry-picked your source to a great extent. We get it - you loathe democrats. But

The horse collapsed at the end of the ride, and Hollingsworth was arrested and charged with aggravated animal cruelty, trespassing and reckless conduct. During a court hearing last week, prosecutors said the horse was extremely dehydrated and had cuts to its front legs.

While the mayor said she sympathized with Hollingsworth’s cause, she made it clear she did not support his actions.

“As my mother taught me from a very early age, there’s a right way and a wrong way to do everything, and what he did — putting himself at risk, putting that horse at risk, putting passing motorists at risk, for that jaunt on the Dan Ryan, was decidedly the wrong way,” she said.

Animal cruelty does nothing to save children.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Interesting that she had no problem with the rioting, looting and murders for 3 months until they showed up at her house.
But one thirsty horse gets it's own press conference.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

He abused that horse. Im pissed at him too.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

You've cherry-picked your source to a great extent. We get it - you loathe democrats. But

The horse collapsed at the end of the ride, and Hollingsworth was arrested and charged with aggravated animal cruelty, trespassing and reckless conduct. During a court hearing last week, prosecutors said the horse was extremely dehydrated and had cuts to its front legs.

While the mayor said she sympathized with Hollingsworth’s cause, she made it clear she did not support his actions.

“As my mother taught me from a very early age, there’s a right way and a wrong way to do everything, and what he did — putting himself at risk, putting that horse at risk, putting passing motorists at risk, for that jaunt on the Dan Ryan, was decidedly the wrong way,” she said.

It's fascinating that you, that mayor, and several others here on ATS care more about a mistreated horse than dead black children.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

In this case, she does have a right to be angry over the form of protest.

He rode the horse over 7 miles at a gallop in shoes not suited to the purpose. He nearly rode the horse to death ... would have if the police had not successfully stopped him.

I get that he was upset, but what possessed him to ride the animal to death?! How on earth is that an acceptable form of protest?

Today, I want to protest the loss of black lives so I am going to abuse my horse to death ...

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

It's fascinating that you, that mayor, and several others here on ATS care more about a mistreated horse than dead black children.

Riding the horse to death to prove a political point does nothing save any of those children.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I tell you, Lightfoot is a strange bird...even by Chicago "standards", which are very lax.

strange bird ... no that b_ _ ch ain't right! somebody needs to lock her up in a rubber room.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Beetlejuice ain't got no time for legit protests. She only gots time for chaos, there's an election in just over a month.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Then maybe you can help make it clear for me, how burning and looting stores and attacking anyone with a different opinion will help save the children. How does destroying the Ronald McDonald House full of sick children help save the children? How does ignoring black on black crime help save the children?

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I’m an animal lover to the point I stopped eating them, so I’m with Ketsuko on this.

That said, they’ll paint this guy in a bad light for his treatment of the horse (rightly so) while trying to ignore and bury why he did it. Hopefully this story stays afloat long enough for more people to start questioning the mayor on why she’s doing absolutely nothing in regards to the violence in Chiraq

Chicago is THE prime example of a failed system, inept leadership and pandering to a race. Time and time again Lori has tried to shut down any conversation about black on black crime. She doesn’t want to touch the conversation with a ten foot pole. If I were a member of the black community, I’d be organizing protests outside her office and demanding a discussion. You can’t sweep hundreds of shootings a month under the rug. I mean, you can, but then you’d come off looking and acting like Lori Lightfoot.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

That's a specious argument.

How exactly does running on a horse on a freeway until it collapses bring back slain children?

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

That's one hell of a ride...what was it, full gallop for 8 hours? A horse can pretty much walk all day with a rider on their back, and cuts/scrapes on its legs can be anything... Don't think that happens while riding though...

Who knows... is it even his horse, or is he renting it?

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

The problem is that everyone wants to get angry over all the wrong reasons.

Yes, black children are being shot, but no one wants to talk about why that is. It's not the guns or the poverty. It's the people, and no one wants to talk about why the people shoot each other.

The violence and poverty are symptoms of the problem just like the dead children. Until you fix what's wrong with your people, you won't begin to address any of it, but no one wants to talk about what's wrong with the people.

posted on Sep, 29 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I say "animal cruelty does nothing to save children", and that equals me supporting lawlessness? That equals me "ignoring black on black crime"?

Makes zero sense. Makes me think yours was a kneejerk reaction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join