It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Jet Figher Supermaneuvarability Capabilities Been Used Often in Air-to-Air Combat?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: spy66

I understand what your saying. Your telling us that stealth or non-stealth, as soon as that missle is launched, the aircraft gives it location away because the missiles themselves broadcast guidance information that the target aircraft is able to detect.

Which is true, no denying that. However. What Zaphod is saying is the stealth variants of the f-22, specifically the f35 have been built to minimize the detected of the launch platform.

I feel that, this is a great time to plug my favorite maneuverable aircraft, the A10 Warthog.

It's a flying tank, with a big gun, how can you not love it?

There is local chatter in AZ of significantly larger A10 pilot training classes, larger training grounds, and the use of some new 'radar devices' in the training.

Chatter started a year ago, and now I've seen reports of official DoD requests to the state for more training ground land, and lower altitude training flights in small town newspapers for this.

edit on 3-2-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Nothing...and I say nothing outclasses a foo fighter, in all of it's tremendous feats of supermaneuverable aerial glory.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join