It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Bishops hilarious view on Covid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Satire at its very best.... when the chips are down all you can realy do is laugh, enjoy.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
what a year and yes we do need to laugh.....people are doing covid song parodies! www.youtube.com...

a reply to: OutTheBox

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Can't fault his reasoning but I might have to test his theory for myself......again.

We Brits try to see humour in any given situation.....let's face it, we have no option but to.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Covid is the best thing that happened for me in years.

My entire life perfectly positioned me for this.

Now the prime issue I face is my own laziness and apathy.

This whole thing is a huge opportunity to achieve something valuable and lasting.

I'm not being sarcastic or satirical I honestly believe it.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Can't fault his reasoning but I might have to test his theory for myself......again.

We Brits try to see humour in any given situation.....let's face it, we have no option but to.

Know why Britain conquered the world ?

Yes the navy but... How did they fill those ships with sailors?

Answer: Because everyone wanted off that bloody island and were willing to go virtually anywhere else.

Im not sure if that's a joke or the actual reason.
Hahaha

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

A bit of both I think.....who wouldn't have want to get away from the dreary grey skies, non-stop rain and god-awful food like gruel that the peasants lived on back then.

Things have improved somewhat since then, at least food wise......and its still God's Own Country, well at least the Northern part that is just above Yorkshire and just down from County Scotland.

edit on 28/9/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I know exactly what you're saying buddy, because its the same for me.
In every instance where i have beem held down or set back my strength has shone through, the path is becoming clearer for me in the midst of all this chaos.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Love the British sense of humor, is there is one place other than the south Pacific I want to visit it's England and the history before it vanishes. I hear over and over the people are incredible.

In every instance where i have beem held down or set back my strength has shone through, the path is becoming clearer for me in the midst of all this chaos.]

Very interested to hear about the times you have been held down or set back and what path that puts you on. Got a couple of nephews that are struggling right now....

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Covid is the best thing that happened for me in years.

My entire life perfectly positioned me for this.

Now the prime issue I face is my own laziness and apathy.

This whole thing is a huge opportunity to achieve something valuable and lasting.

I'm not being sarcastic or satirical I honestly believe it.

You should watch some of those youtube videos,

Just type in "inspirational motivational" and you will get there...

Just give a try in the morning, maybe with a workout....

It might kick you into gear to create whatever reality you're talking about....

Covid has been good for me too.....

My life pretty much sucked all the way up until now so I'm super stoked today...

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

So many, from being moved around country to country as a boy developing accents only to be bullied for being different, learned to fight from a young age (9) developing an antihero type persona, id bully the bully, and still do. I know its still wrong but i am who iam. Fractured skull, broken bones, metal plates in my jaw along with various other scrapes and heart breaks, never broke me and its juat as well cause if you break you cant become strong, you see stress makes you stronger if you dont let it keep ypu down, you have to look at it like, fcuk it i will not yield to fear and everything makes me stronger, next monday i enter my 4th (hons) year in applied psychology after 3 years out because of set backs, one of the most important things i learned was when i was 9 i figured out that i could nocebo myself to get ill ti stay off school, it wasnt till i went to uni till i actually found out it was called a nocebo, now i placebo myself daily. EMMS
Everything makes me stronger.
Tell your nephews times of crisis are designed to make you stronger ir weaker and its their choice which one they choose.
Those that come through hardships rise above those that have the easy living.

Strength to endure and all that.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

My posts are certainly misleading and I don't address it but have been wanting to for awhile.

The posts, mostly seemingly very angry and bitter, are fit to the character I portray named Muzzleflash.

The person in real life, Jason, me - is doing pretty damn good currently. I've never been freer or in a better mood generally. Most of my chains are broken by now.

I'm not angry hardly ever, I don't bitch or gripe hardly ever about anything much in real life. All my interactions with ppl are positive and friendly, insightful and helpful.

Yesterday at Panera an older woman told me I was very polite. This is True. I am what I expect from others - polite kind and considerate.
edit on 9/28/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

True that, good post.

I see you are truly getting OutTheBox!

EMMS!!

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OutTheBox

In every instance where i have beem held down or set back my strength has shone through, the path is becoming clearer for me in the midst of all this chaos.

In the heat of battle heroes are forged.

That's where we find out what everyone is really made of.

And everything is a battle.

new topics

top topics

join