It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More political correctness from Disney ahead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Even after their multiple Star Wars flops, it seems Disney just can´t stop with pushing their political wokeness to their ever dwindling audiences. The
new Tinker Bell, Yara Shahidi, is a women of color that hates Trump so intensely she went on Larry King (video below) saying she would not even meet Trump if invited (which Larry did as he knows Trump personally). Casting a blond white Tinker Bell as she in was the original cartoon I guess that is racist now, but a self-declared "social studies" (see the video below) women of color is playing it safe, Disney - their next step is recoloring the cartoon to an all black cast and turning Peter Pan into a transgender, I guess...

-MM
edit on 28-9-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Even after their multiple Star Wars flops, it seems Disney just can´t stop with pushing their political wokeness to their ever dwindling audiences. The new Tinker Bell, Yara Shahidi, is a women of color that hates Trump so intensely she went on Larry King (video below) saying she would not even meet Trump if invited (which Larry did as he knows Trump personally). Casting a blond white Tinker Bell as she in was the original cartoon I guess that is racist now, but a self-declared "social studies" (see the video below) women of color is playing it safe, Disney - the next step is recoloring the cartoon to an all black cast I guess...

-MM

Disney has always been shady, and I don't think she would ever need to worry about a invite from Trump.....typical actor putting more importance on their position than they really have. She is a nobody and will be the same nobody after this movie bombs like the rest of the latest Disney movies.....even Will Smith couldn't make Aladdin a hit.....

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Not Tinkerbell! I've finally gotten to the point where I wasn't losing sleep over the impact the 'Vid was having, how partisan politics was turning our country into an even bigger crap pile and China's growing genocidal tendencies but then this rolled along.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not Tinkerbell! I've finally gotten to the point where I wasn't losing sleep over the impact the 'Vid was having, how partisan politics was turning our country into an even bigger crap pile and China's growing genocidal tendencies but then this rolled along.

"Oh, the cleverness of me!"
-Peter Pan

-MM
edit on 28-9-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This should be no surprise, Walt was not a pure at heart kind of guy. He had a very dark side.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Right this is just ridiculous, for a fact Tinkerbell is based on a Fairy and Fairy's are from Celtic folk lore so black fairy's?, that said in the past there were definitely some cartoon's and other media that would definitely not be acceptable today.
Because they believe it brainwashed kid's to be racist.
A prime example of what is no longer acceptable is this.

There was another one that is hard to find in which a well known character whom was meant to be an African cannibal with a bone in his hair would constantly outsmart the main character with him constantly ending up in a large cooking pot only to then escape again at the last minute.
Or the maid in the tom and jerry cartoon's whose ankles you always saw whom depicted a stereotype of a black female in a serving role.

To be fair therefore there is a good argument to stop racism but rewriting history is not the way to go about it.

And to be fair I am ok with black fairy's.

What we face today is an ANTI white fascism that is growing, it is depicting all whites as racists whom should be relegated to second class roles in society.

Also BLACK racism is very real indeed and just as evil, wickedly disgusting and vile as white racism ever was.

How many innocent white kid's have been attacked by sick minded racist black folk's, even having there children beat up white children and who get's what out of that, the kid being attacked has never done anything to them and likely neither has there parent's or even there parent's ancestor's, it was only ever a tiny minority of white people that had slaves and many of those slaves were in fact white not black.

If it was not for WHITE man black folk's would still be slaves today had we not forces other nations to stop doing so, in my case English anti slavery patrols, in fact they are in Arabia still being enslaved, castrated and worse if only behind closed doors.

But were is the black anti islam movement, islam is singularly responsible for making slaves of them and even described black people as FOR slavery, why attack only the whites?.

Most slave takers were BLACK, most slave traders were BLACK or ARABIC and they also enslaved MILLIONS of white European's whom faced exactly the same fate as there black brothers BUT it is not convenient to the PC agenda crowd whom want to DESTROY white established society (not integrate into it and change but destroy it despite most white society's having already morphed into multi cultural cesspit's, it's not enough for them until the white man regardless of which white race and there are as many as there are languages, is wiped out or wearing slave collars - so how can they even claim to be justified in there goal's).

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If Disney was really woke, they'd have Lizzo play Tinkerbell. It would be the trifecta of woke. The woke hat trick.
She's a thick, gay woman of color.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Get woke, go broke.

*shrugs*

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Are adults really concerned about this?

In 2020, there is nothing better to worry about than this?

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Are adults really concerned about this?

In 2020, there is nothing better to worry about than this?

This is important stuff. I just got off with the Eisner and to pander to the Mexican market they're renaming their main character to Manny Mouse. This cannot be tolerated!

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Looney Tunes has them beat!

Remember.. Speedy Gonzales?

That's probably not a politically correct cartoon anymore!

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think it's time for a Sanford and son reboot with Mexican actors.
Or maybe the Jefferson's with Chinese actors....
Chinese laundry...ha

How about a what's happening reboot?
But rerun...the fat kid... Will be a girl and all the boys, and girls, will find her irresistible.

What do ya think?

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Don't forget the rapist skunk...

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The good news is Huey, Dewey and Louie are going to be given the LGBTQ treatment while Scrooge will remain white because he's rich and evil.

edit on 28-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The good news is Huey, Dewey and Louis are going to be given the LGBTQ treatment while Scrooge will remain white because he's rich and evil.

As longs as a skinny girl beat up all the muscular boys in a bare knuckle fist fight then I´m happy - because that´s realistic now

-MM

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

OMG...
Getting flashbacks of my childhood... Saturday morning, black and white tv, cold cereal...

Young people are probably thinking you are joking.. little do they know.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Being relaunched to fit in with modern times as Epie Lepu.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The opinions of a company who openly support the Chinese Communist Party's ongoing genocide of the Uyghur population of East Turkestan are meaningless to me.

Frankly I think the corporate leadership should be hanged for their complicity in the Chinese Communist Party's crimes.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

For those that don't know what we are on about he was always trying to molest a female black cat that had a white paint stripe on her back and he was convinced she was a female skunk and fell in love (I think the cat was female, not sure about that these days hahaha), very French.

Got rid of the old spice joke no one got it.

edit on 28-9-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They could make a cartoon about congress using only one character,
Foghorn Leghorn the rooster.
He'd be the perfect representation.
A fat, loudmouth wind bag that annoys everybody.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join