It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for leftists: How do you feel about being lied to about Trump's taxes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've done a few of these threads here. Something the media has been telling you ad nauseum turns out to be uncatagorically false. How do you feel?

So the New York Times has a big scoop about Trump's taxes. Apparently someone illegally leaked them. What did they find?

Well, one of the common conspiracy theories the media has pushed, that Trump has been profiting off the presidency, turns out to be false. According to the Times' sources, which are of course unnamed, Trump has been losing so much money that he has barely owed any taxes since he's been president. He's also been donating salary.

So you guys got lied to about him profiting off the presidency.

Another thing noticeably absent from the story is any evidence that he's a Russian asset. We've been told that he won't release his taxes because they would show he was owned by Russia.

Yeah that's not in there. You guys got lied to about that.

One thing to story does confirm is that Trump's excuse why he won't release his taxes--that he's under audit--is actually true.

So the media lied to you and Trump was truthful.

Are you guys mad at the media at all for lying to you, or nah?

ETA: Oh, full disclosure, the Times is refusing to release the source documents behind their claims. They're pretending that would endanger their sources. Trump is also disputing the story, saying a lot of it is false. So stay tuned. The media either lied about the aforementioned conspiracy theories, or they lied about what's in this story. In all probability, they lied about both.
edit on 27 9 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Don't worry, they'll find something to scream like a Banshee about.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Don't worry, they'll find something to scream like a Banshee about.

The talking points are already out. Even if he's losing money he should be paying millions in taxes every year because he's a billionaire. The "wealth tax." You know, that thing we don't have and he's not actually required to pay.

The other problem I've seen is that he weasled out of the AMT, the Alternative Minimum Tax. All that means is he has a good accountant. Trump doesn't personally do his taxes. He pays someone to do them and they tell him how much he owes and he cuts a check.

None of these facts will matter though, of course.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

^^ This is how the Left feels about Donald Trumps Taxes , or at least this is how they are told to feel.

edit on 27-9-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A. Trump doesn't have to show his tax returns

B. No one in their right mind would actually think he doesn't partake in shady deals

C. We need a new TV show , because this one,season 2 is not as good as season 1. I'm really waiting for season 3.

D. What Trump pays in taxes doesn't affect me...but he has shlit to hide obviously. No one in their right mind buys the audit tripe...the seemingly perpetual audit tripe...🙂
edit on 27-9-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If anything was wrong with Trump's taxes, Mueller would have leaked it 😃

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I’m not sure, they’re probably rationalize it as some sort of tax fraud and use it against him, like the everyday Joe pays taxes but Trump doesn’t kinda deal.

Either or, I don’t see how this is a bad thing at all, I’m not even sure the people care. One thing people do care is the source as once they get further into the story and realize there isn’t proof, then it’s a non kicker.

If anything, the OP outlined exactly what people will see and largely the ones he’s been accused of.

+44 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

B. No one in their right mind would actually think he doesn't partake in shady deals

C. We need a new TV show , because this one,season 2 is not as good as season 1. I'm really waiting for season 3.

D. What Trump pays in taxes doesn't affect me...but he has shlit to hide obviously. No one in their right mind buys the audit tripe...the seemingly perpetual audit tripe...🙂

To your D....

Any company that has a few billion dollars moving around has a satellite IRS office, normally in the building where their headquarters is located.

Amazon has one.

Conoco-Phillips has one (I've visited that one).

There is one at Trump towers.

They go through every transaction daily and sign off on the transactions weekly.

Those businesses will be under perpetual audit by the IRS.

Hope I helped you a little there with your lack of knowledge.

It may help your credibility here a little.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Does anyone here know the real reason corporations, run properly, don’t pay taxes - either at all or to speak of?

Hint, it’s not nefarious.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If anything was wrong with Trump's taxes, Mueller would have leaked it 😃

More accurately, the 12 Angry Democrat lawyers in charge of figure-head Mueller.

Or the Southern District of New York would have brought charges after they obtained the Trump tax returns 5 months ago. SDNY was Democrats last hope...

What's that flushing sound I hear???

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
Does anyone here know the real reason corporations, run properly, don’t pay taxes - either at all or to speak of?

Hint, it’s not nefarious.

Congress wrote the broad U.S. tax law.

Congress is composed of Lawyers.

Lawyers protect corporations and the self-employed.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Was there even any news in this story, really?

Remember a few years ago when Rachel Maddow had this huge scoop, she got ahold of a single page of Trump's tax return for 1 year, and it showed that -gasp- he pays as little tax as he can legally get away with.

That's pretty much all this story told us as well.

Figures the only people this would be news to would be liberals, who are notorious for not understanding economics.

This will be a non-story by oh damn it already is. Back to the SCOTUS.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

You would assume he has stuff to hide, but he was investigated by the feds for 2 years and they couldn't find anything and they finally got ahold of his tax returns and there's nothing shady there either. The IRS has been auditing him for 10 years and hasn't been able to charge him with anything.

You would think he has stuff to hide but all the evidence so far is that dude is cleaner than either one of us.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
NOTHINGBURGER

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I’m not sure, they’re probably rationalize it as some sort of tax fraud and use it against him, like the everyday Joe pays taxes but Trump doesn’t kinda deal.

The everyday Joe actually doesn't pay taxes
edit on 27 9 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The thing that amazes me is the idea that if trump was actually cheating on his taxes that he would be dumb enough to place any evidence on his returns.

Even democrats are smart enough to destroy phones and wipe hard drives...

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The thing that amazes me is the idea that if trump was actually cheating on his taxes that he would be dumb enough to place any evidence on his returns.

It’s not tax fraud people wanted to see his tax returns for. It’s to see how little he paid in taxes over the years.

And despite what people like the OP scream at the top of their lungs, it turns out it’s exactly what everyone thought. The OP obviously completely misunderstands everything he’s arguing against, as usual. You guys make up a version of events that’s easy for you to punch at and just wail with it.

It’s comical.
edit on 27-9-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Either or, I don’t see how this is a bad thing at all, I’m not even sure the people care. One thing people do care is the source as once they get further into the story and realize there isn’t proof, then it’s a non kicker.

If anything, the OP outlined exactly what people will see and largely the ones he’s been accused of.

They'd better go after Warren Buffet too if that's the case.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Bluntone22

It’s not tax fraud people wanted to see his tax returns for. It’s to see how little he paid in taxes over the years.

And despite what people like the OP scream at the top of their lungs, it turns out it’s exactly what everyone thought. The OP obviously completely misunderstands everything he’s arguing against, as usual. You guys make up a version of events that’s easy for you to punch at and just wail with it.

It’s comical.

What's comical is your inability to remember what things were/are about. The Left have been screaming for this for four years because Trump is obviously hiding his connections with Russia.

Oops, I guess not.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If there was something illegal in the tax returns, there would certainly be an ATS thread on the subject by now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join