It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton does it again. Charges 28M to ship 82,ooo$ worth of oil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Xpert,

So much for free market economy?

The US is becoming ever more protectionist and this is going to be its downfall economically.

There may be more truth to that then one would think.
You may be interested in this thread

[edit on 31-5-2005 by xpert11]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Xpert,

I had not seen that thread. Thanks very much for that.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

WASHINGTON - Iraq needed fuel. Halliburton Co. was ordered to get it there — quick. So the Houston-based contractor charged the Pentagon $27.5 million to ship $82,100 worth of cooking and heating fuel.

Whats wrong with this picture?!
Talk about these folks profiting from war....

Glad to see you got into PTS, Dgtempe.

I saw last night's Frontline on PBS. It was excellent. The show was investigating the private contracting businesses in Iraq. Halliburton's way of doing bizness is maddening and corrupt. One example: It was estimated that every plate of hot chow they serve comes at a cost of $20! That is outrageous!
During the Gulf War we were lucky if we even got hot chow. It was MRE city for most of the duration. ('course it was a far shorter action, to be fair.)

[edit on 6/22/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

If they can not keep their accounts in order they should be fired, but occurs is to close to home with Haliburton to many members of their board with high interest in Profiting firms and they are part of the profiteers of the defense budget managers.

They did have their accounts in order. The problem was it took time to gather the infomration for the DOD. Once gathered and submitted the were cleared of the charges.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Trots off into the sunset watching the liberals whine

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It was MRE city for most of the duration. ('course it was a far shorter action, to be fair.)

He,he, is nothing wrong with the MRE, specially the candy bars and the beef stew, my husband used to bring boxes of that stuff all the time.

Shots, what can I say you can not beat them they are the Government, Haliburto through Cheney are the government.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
He,he, is nothing wrong with the MRE, specially the candy bars and the beef stew, my husband used to bring boxes of that stuff all the time.

Some of them were ok. Some of them were no different than Alpo.

people actually got so creative with them, they wound up putting together MRE cookbooks.

One of the best MRE's I ever tasted, believe it or not, was the astronaut hamburger patties. Add water and and poof! Delicious! I only saw one the whole time I was in. The MRE bread (which I only saw rarely over there) was delicious too. 'Course, what was delicious over there might be gross here and now. One morning I was so hungry I ate a big can of spam out of the can, barreling through the desert, on the back of deuce 1/2. I rarely eat that crap here at home!

Shots, what can I say you can not beat them they are the Government, Haliburto through Cheney are the government.

Conflict of interest city. Bush supporters refuse to acknowledge that. If it were Clinton and he had run the same company, they would be all over it.

[edit on 6/23/05 by EastCoastKid]

[edit on 6/23/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
ECK,

It is cases like Cheney and Haliburton that prove the bias of the US media is right wing and not left wing.

You are right when you say that was this a democratic VP doing this it would be hounding them morning, noon and night.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
After seeing 8 yrs of Clinton and how at least half the media went after him, I know that the right would be calling for impeachment at the very least, if he had these involvements. Whitewater, Madison Guaranty anyone?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
ECK,

And yet folks on here like EdSinger and LA_Max, and people in the "real" world still believe the myth that the media is liberal and left wing.

I guess they really do need my new smiley on here.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well Bill, as a member of that mainstream media, I can assure everyone here that it is not liberal. It may have been at one time, but those days are gone. What folks fail to understand is that it is corporate and corporate means conservative. Nothing too risque will come out of the mainstream b/c no one wants to bite the hand that feeds it (money/contacts). Know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
To be fair, though, it is true that most of the reporters/editors are Democrats, or liberals. But that doesn't mean anything. A liberal can write an op/ed that is very good, but might still get killed by the higher ups before it goes to print. I've seen it happen. It can happen to conservatives, too though, depending on what is the accepted view from above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join