It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton does it again. Charges 28M to ship 82,ooo$ worth of oil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Drhoracid, how can you mitigate billions of dollars in largely unaccountable losses by your 'any means nessecary' hoopla? What if you told your boss you couldn't account for funds? That is what they are telling us. How do Bribes in Nigeria, or not spending infrastructure money on infrastructure have anything to do with 'getting it over there"? It has to do with acountibility, and sadly, very little to do with feeding and taking care of either our boys or the Iraqi people, many of which have been without clean wate ror power since the bombs starting falling years ago now. Criminal charges and inquiries have been made, they are crooked. End of story, or it should be, but the scandals continue because we allow this company to continue to operate despite prolific criminal activites.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
OK, so who else but Halliburton could meet the terms of this request? Why aren't the bids spread around? Competiton is the best way to bring prices down.

Or is there nobody else capable of delivering this fuel?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Jsobecky, of course there are tons of companies who would jump at the chance. You dont think they'd ask anyone else, do you?
It seems to me there should have been some "bidding".

Oh, well, that company is you know who's baby boy.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Also have a look at these threads,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Accountibility is not an option when it comes to government contracts, or presidents and legislatures. Halliburton has sucked the funding behind the Iraqi war nearly dry. Bush asks for 100 Billion more dollars, a few months after we find Halliburton blew ten billion of the rebuilding money. Hell they can't even account for a billion or two here and there as it is. If we give them any more than a sopena, we are giving those turds too much. Most of the money they have failed to account for by the way was money appropriated to feed troops, buy gas, and rebuild the war ravaged people, the people who are supposed to be the latest justification for the whole war. We did it to help the Iraqi people, but we blew through ten billion dollars appropriated to them specificly, because their money was too soft?!!? Cheney and Bush should have gotten hauled off with ken Lay. The Bush family should have ended in the 1940's. But it didn't, so I guess we just have to sit back and watch them work. Capitalism and Government should never have mixed.

mod edit: fixed broken links

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Spectre]

Capatalism and governmenT??? excuse me but that is normal combination, America is just the most corrupt country there is deceiving and robbing american citizens from their money. but hey americans dont mind

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Have any of you ever shipped LNG to a war zone? Have you ever heard the term "get it there" no matter what. I will be surprised IF the final accounting shows a 335 multiplier on this one item. No one is that "stupid". Not even "haliburton" [evil music from Lord of the rings plays in the background]

I'd have to agree with this.

No one here has any real clue what they are talking about. They don't know what it takes to ship supplies across the world on short notice. They don't know how much this would normally cost. They don't know how much others would charge.

All of this whining about Halliburton and Bush is just tired. You know why people don't care? Because they understand when they're hearing exaggerated nonsense. Halliburton has been respectable enough for Democrats, like Clinton, to use them in the past. He, too, gave them a no bid contract. Halliburton isn't squeaky clean, but they aren't really the big evil monsters they get made out to be...

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
No one here has any real clue what they are talking about. They don't know what it takes to ship supplies across the world on short notice. They don't know how much this would normally cost. They don't know how much others would charge.

For some strange reason I belive fed ex would be at least 27 million cheaper... or UPS, or USPS, and even DHL... call it a hunch man but its still way to much..

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'ts not just Haliburton making money off this war. Here is another link to other companies. Tip of the Pyramid. And I was also surprised that there was not much of a response to this. Some are aware, but they have heard it all before and feel there is nothing they can do. People in America are spoon fed items like the MJ trial on the media, and very little is done in the media on hard news like Haliburton.

I am new to this forum, but not to this topic. I can only hope to become as articulate as some of you veterans, and try to make a difference.

Keep the faith.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I'ts not just Haliburton making money off this war. Here is another link to other companies. Tip of the Pyramid. And I was also surprised that there was not much of a response to this. Some are aware, but they have heard it all before and feel there is nothing they can do. People in America are spoon fed items like the MJ trial on the media, and very little is done in the media on hard news like Haliburton.

The media needs something hard to cover. They can not run stories every night on conspiracies. EVERYONE has tried to find serious dirt on the Halliburton contracts. The Democrats failed, and the media failed. The media does not ignore the issue, though. I guarentee you won't find a single New York Times paper that doesn't take at least one shot at the Bush-Halliburton connection. They do this in the editorials. And any time they do get real stories on the issue, it'll be front page material.

For some strange reason I belive fed ex would be at least 27 million cheaper... or UPS, or USPS, and even DHL... call it a hunch man but its still way to much..

Do you know how many people are involved in an operation like this? How about the cargo planes needed? Do you know how expensive it is to deploy this kind of stuff? It costs millions a day to keep a carrier force deployed. $80,000 worth of material is a lot. Transporting it on short notice isn't easy.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Fascinating. So much does it actually cost to ship a cargo of sailboat fuel?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't know, but neither do you. That's the point. Unless you know everything, don't go running your mouth.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sadly I know the price. Unless you want to bill God of course.

www.sunherald.com...
www.scoop.co.nz...
www.independent-media.tv...
portland.indymedia.org...
prorev.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I never saw any price in those articles. Making vague accusations of corruption had nothing to do with what I was saying. Unless you know how much this operation cost, don't run your mouth.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Halliburton is nothing more than another example of how the corporate world gets preferred treatment when is involve in our politics and our government.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I never saw any price in those articles

I know. I think I got overcharged the last time. My sailboat seemed to run fine by itself.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Halliburton is nothing more than another example of how the corporate world gets preferred treatment when is involve in our politics and our government.

What would you like the government to do? They can not handle the jobs these corporations do. You know why? Liberal minded people like you don't allow them to have the budget needed.

If you hire a big corporation, it's near impossible to keep them in complete check. You're going to have to handle the corruption.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

What would you like the government to do? They can not handle the jobs these corporations do. You know why? Liberal minded people like you don't allow them to have the budget needed.

I find you answer insulting so even when I know what haliburton stand for by research done in previous thread I am going to just ignore you and be done with it.

Next time you answer will have a more polite tone and no name calling.

You have been long enough in these boards to know better.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You have been long enough in these boards to know better.

You can know better and still not care.

I dont understand why we are taking any kind of oil to Iraq.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

If you hire a big corporation, it's near impossible to keep them in complete check. You're going to have to handle the corruption.

But the point is we shouldn't even be there. Then these big corporations wouldn't be overcharging us in the first place.

Are you willing to accept that your tax dollars are being wasted on this corruption? Obviously you are, but some of us aren't.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
There is a German company called Bechtel that can do all of it. they are about 3/4 the size of Halliburton but are just as capable. Itd be pretty hard to pull stuff like that with Bechtel with the eyes of the world watching them after the Halliburton rape. Theyed work far cheaper and more efficient. The Germans would have saved the day.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Next time you answer will have a more polite tone and no name calling.

I wasn't aware calling someone liberal minded was an insult.

But the point is we shouldn't even be there. Then these big corporations wouldn't be overcharging us in the first place.

Are you willing to accept that your tax dollars are being wasted on this corruption? Obviously you are, but some of us aren't.

It doesn't matter if you believe we should or shouldn't be in Iraq. If you take that into account, I'm going to think your view of the entire situation is simply biased. You could not possibly be asked to fairly judge the actions of Halliburton.

I do not like the idea of having to use corporations to do the job. You can not keep them in check. They are the only choice, though.

There is a German company called Bechtel that can do all of it. they are about 3/4 the size of Halliburton but are just as capable. Itd be pretty hard to pull stuff like that with Bechtel with the eyes of the world watching them after the Halliburton rape. Theyed work far cheaper and more efficient. The Germans would have saved the day.

Your source for this is what? How could someone prove that? Halliburton, believe it or not, had a reliable track record.

Besides, America was not about to let European companies get huge contracts and profit from this war after going against it. And quite frankly, they shouldn't have. If Americans have to die for this, they should to get profit, as well. Any ally would have had that same right.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join