It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton does it again. Charges 28M to ship 82,ooo$ worth of oil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
www.chron.com...

Shipping was extra — a lot extra
KBR spent millions getting $82,100 worth of LPG into Iraq
By DAVID IVANOVICH
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON - Iraq needed fuel. Halliburton Co. was ordered to get it there — quick. So the Houston-based contractor charged the Pentagon $27.5 million to ship $82,100 worth of cooking and heating fuel.

Whats wrong with this picture?!
Talk about these folks profiting from war....

[edit on 16-3-2005 by dgtempe]

[edit on 16-3-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
GREAT find.

Would you PLEASE write this as a news submission?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I sure am glad Amazon is not affiliated with Halliburton because I wouldn’t be able to have my books shipped to me.

Seriously, that’s ridiculous that they do that. KBR provides a wide range of engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to three markets: upstream, downstream and government & infrastructure.
Somehow cooking oil doesn’t fit into this picture.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The really sad thing here is that the American public, for the most part, just doesn't care about Halliburton's corporate thievery anymore. Halliburton is boinking the taxpayers from behind without any lubricant, and will continue to do so. God bless America!

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Dr Love,
I couldnt have said it better myself!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Also have a look at these threads,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Accountibility is not an option when it comes to government contracts, or presidents and legislatures. Halliburton has sucked the funding behind the Iraqi war nearly dry. Bush asks for 100 Billion more dollars, a few months after we find Halliburton blew ten billion of the rebuilding money. Hell they can't even account for a billion or two here and there as it is. If we give them any more than a sopena, we are giving those turds too much. Most of the money they have failed to account for by the way was money appropriated to feed troops, buy gas, and rebuild the war ravaged people, the people who are supposed to be the latest justification for the whole war. We did it to help the Iraqi people, but we blew through ten billion dollars appropriated to them specificly, because their money was too soft?!!? Cheney and Bush should have gotten hauled off with ken Lay. The Bush family should have ended in the 1940's. But it didn't, so I guess we just have to sit back and watch them work. Capitalism and Government should never have mixed.

mod edit: fixed broken links

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
dgtempe

Thanks. I thought that was enough to keep the mod's from cracking the whip on me.

twitchy

Good stuff. The words you write are true and very scary. What does that tell you about the American public. As a whole it seems like we're all walking around with drool cups in our hands, oblivious to the rape that's happening right before our eyes. What happened? What drives people to stop caring like that?

Your avatar cracks me up.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Apparently auditors are questioning $108m of the $875m contract extension.

Also, the Pentagon is being accused of trying to 'hide' the report from their own auditors:

www.guardian.co.uk...

In a scathing letter to George Bush, Democratic congressmen Henry Waxman of California and John Dingell of Michigan said the Defence Contract Audit Agency's audit was completes last October - before the election. They also note that 12 separate requests to the Pentagon to view the completed audits on the contractor's $2.5bn contract to supply fuel and other services in post-war Iraq had been ignored.

This should be a ATSNN story.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

This should be a ATSNN story.

I would prefer to see it as another nail in the coffin of a corrupt government. But all the money thieved from Iraq and US taxpayers should be extracted from the estates of the criminal gang in the Whitehouse and the crony companies for generations to come. Imprisonment is not enough.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Bump

Why is it all the good informative, enlightning threads start to die within minutes, but someone posts something ridiculous and it lives forever?

Now, if this was about Halliburton being "reptilians" there would be no end to the comments...tsk tsk...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You know what dg, your last post is the problem in a nutshell. If most people don't care about this in the real world, why should we think that most people will care to add their two cents to what, I think, is a scandal of immense proportions. We all break our back to pay taxes, and the chosen few steal it under the guise of war. The people lost control a long, long time ago.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Dr Love, thank you for caring, as well as the rest of you , who care

We've yet to get the prespective from the "other side".

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
How can anybody hold Cheney's baby and money making pet project accountable for anything they do.

The crocks are in charge.
and they are robbing us blind but occurs is just tax hard earned dollars, free for anybody but the Americans.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Marg, you're right.
And most dont care what happens anyway

It is as it is. Halliburton will continue raking in the dough while waving their flag
Thats what its all about.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
does anybody notice how the officials from the Defense Contract Audit Agency are always finding wrong doing by Haliburton but nothing happens, everything is sweep under the table and is just another day for business.

The bush Administration is profiting by no ends with our tax payer money and is doing it openly and with not shame.

I though only totalitarian countries do that.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hi Marge, dg, and the rest...

I am most often mistaken for a conservative. As a matter of fact, on another thread, after having taken personal exception to being called an American numbskull, I am taking a raking for being a warmonger, etc.

This is being done by those same fine folk who bring you reptilians, etc.

I love this country, but the government is becoming totally innured to any concern for the people who support it. I am becoming convinced that our country (the USA) is on a declining slope and sliding to Hell in the literal handbasket.

Unfortunately, big bucks and politics go hand in hand. Has for forever... Don't know if you remember a cartoon strip, "Little Orphan Annie", but her step father was named "Daddy Warbucks". He was the epitome of big biz and industry in america, a caricature, as it were.

You will never see anything happen to Daddy Warbucks or Haliburton, because I think, in America, it is the big cost of doing the business of democracy. Not saying it's right, just saying that I think that it is not going to resolve in our lifetime.

There is, in the American People, a tendency to overlook the government things and politically unethical things that are classified as necessary. Until, at least, it begins to affect us personally, and perhaps, more importantly, noticeably.

It is most unfortunate because alot of folks do not realize the cost of supporting that type of venture on our tax payin' backs.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
But all the money thieved from Iraq and US taxpayers should be extracted from the estates of the criminal gang in the Whitehouse and the crony companies for generations to come. Imprisonment is not enough.

Here, Here!

Unfortunately, i'm pretty sure this will end up as a non-story and burried asap, or they'll be let off the hook somehow, so i really doubt any tax payer will ever see a cent of this money.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Money laundering at its best...and all in the name of national security.
Looks like this boat is about to sink, just watch for all the rats to start running for their lives

but i wonder who is going to take the fall, since i dont belive that all of them will, theyll probably just sacrifice one or two suckers....its though beeing a shape shifting lizard these days...

[edit on 17-3-2005 by nukunuku]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Have any of you ever shipped LNG to a war zone? Have you ever heard the term "get it there" no matter what. I will be surprised IF the final accounting shows a 335 multiplier on this one item. No one is that "stupid". Not even "haliburton" [evil music from Lord of the rings plays in the background]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Dr. Horacid you know as much as us that this is not the first time that, Haliburton has done over charges, and the other times has nothing to do with "getting the stuff over there".

If they can not keep their accounts in order they should be fired, but occurs is to close to home with Haliburton to many members of their board with high interest in Profiting firms and they are part of the profiteers of the defense budget managers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join