It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald Trump tax report is out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
First, how did the newspaper get a hold of his tax report.
Second, isn't it unlawful to report someone's tax to the public without their consent or the irs's consent.
Third , what is wrong , I mean seriously what is wrong with everybody coming out with lies in the newspapers , in the media and on television. What's the purpose for all this.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Unless he broke a law then who cares?

Part of the game is paying as little as possible.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The question I have, is how did the NYT obtain these returns? I'm going to wager a guess that how they obtained them is in some fashion illegal, as these are not a matter of public record. Which in that case it does cast serious doubt as to their legitimacy.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Links since you didn't bother putting up a source again:

New York Times article.

Guardian article.

edit on 27-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Second, isn't it unlawful to report someone's tax to the public without their consent or the irs's consent.
Third , what is wrong , I mean seriously what is wrong with everybody coming out with lies in the newspapers , in the media and on television. What's the purpose for all this.

They got ahold of his report because that was the whole mission of their fishing expedition. They know they'll never get an indictment, but they need to harm him as much as possible.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
The question I have, is how did the NYT obtain these returns? I'm going to wager a guess that how they obtained them is in some fashion illegal, as these are not a matter of public record.

If someone sends them information and they publish the material it's not illegal, it's only illegal for them if they obtain it themselves and then publish.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then I would be very interested in who sent this information to them, as I imagine based on the privacy laws that I'm familiar with, that person(s) has committed a crime.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

...that person(s) has committed a crime.

Very well might have but I seriously doubt the Times will give them up.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The question I have, is how did the NYT obtain these returns? I'm going to wager a guess that how they obtained them is in some fashion illegal, as these are not a matter of public record.

If someone sends them information and they publish the material it's not illegal, it's only illegal for them if they obtain it themselves and then publish.

Julian Assange says hi, How's the family doin?

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Links since you didn't bother putting up a source again:

New York Times article.

Guardian article.

T

Thanks.
Wasn't able to paste the link.
So l wasn't trying to play games here.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Well,
Certainly the NYT would have legal advice all over this story before going to print.
What you should do then, is go to the IRS website and sort out all the legal requirements for yourself....it will take a while though.

Seven and a half cents...sorry, seven hundred and fifty dollars, doesn't seem a lot though!

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Julian Assange says hi, How's the family doin?

Exactly that.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Well,
Certainly the NYT would have legal advice all over this story before going to print.
What you should do then, is go to the IRS website and sort out all the legal requirements for yourself....it will take a while though.

Seven and a half cents...sorry, seven hundred and fifty dollars, doesn't seem a lot though!

Read the story 10,000 words down,and then see this is nothing abnormal.
If this is the same ones the grand jury has they are investigating then the Prosecutors office might have a word with the NYT ownership for allowing this to be printed. They just killed using these as evidence.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
First of all, they are not publishing the supposed tax documents. From the Guardian (since I don't like giving the New York Fakes Times any business:

The Times also said the documents it had obtained “comprise information that Mr Trump has disclosed to the IRS, not the findings of an independent financial examination. They report that Mr Trump owns hundreds of millions of dollars in valuable assets, but they do not reveal his true wealth. Nor do they reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.”

The paper said it would not publish the documents, in order to protect its source.

So no documents published, no verification, no way to vet the information. I will certainly not take the New York Times' word for anything. If they told me the sun rose in the east this morning, I would want to see pictures with a compass in clear view.

At least Rachal Maddow showed the actual document. When Rachal Maddow exceeds one's journalistic integrity, one needs to just close their doors and fade away.

Absolute BS. Put up or shut up.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
And, surprise, Trump supporters still don't care.

When is the president's next trip to 5th Ave? Does he have his gun ready & loaded?

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

Prove it and I might care.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Unless he broke a law then who cares?

Part of the game is paying as little as possible.

Usually, tax law violations fall on the accountant. Most millionaires and billionaires only know, and care about, the important numbers. (Revenue/Losses/Expenses).

My company is small, and I could not care less about what Amortization, or Inventory method is used.
edit on 9/27/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman
All of the BLM have that taken care of. Starting to think their trump supporters by the way they fit your fits of attacks every time.

How many users here have used "loopholes" with their businesses? How's that farm of "hemp" going? But I forgot, you're not the president, so all's good.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

New York Times and others always studies the "risk/reward" factors whether those risks/rewards are legal or not 😃

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Usually, tax law violations fall on the accountant.

The person who signs the return is ultimately responsible.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join