It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Cope When A Family Member Is VotingTrump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Seriously, this is not a satire article. I fully intend, as soon as I can, to write a parody. The crux of the piece is summed up in this paragraph:

Someone you thought was a good and kind person has revealed themselves to be… something different. Someone you love has exposed their support for or tolerance of bigotry, hatred, selfishness, narcissism, bullying, racism, sexism, abuse and violence through their support of Trump.

in YAHOO!, no less...

I know that I should perhaps say more, but ... I just got nothin'.

We're in a place where satire looks more like news, and "news" looks more like satire. The world really is upside down.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

How To Cope When A Family Member Is VotingTrump

give em a at a boy and pat them on the back.

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Imagine how the left will treat those of us (who voted for Trump) if Biden wins.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Beg them to let you stay in their basement for 4 more years.....

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

if Biden wins.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas

Getting to the toilet without breaking a hip, that's what a win for Biden looks like

edit on 27-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What are Democrats going to say about the next republican candidate for president; they pulled out all the stops on Trump they can't go any farther with the next person.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Imagine how the left will treat those of us (who voted for Trump) if Biden wins.

Not on the left but I'll probably have to hug my mother, brother, aunt, uncle, cousin and a bunch of my friends to help stem the weeping.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
"Someone you thought was a good and kind person has revealed themselves to be… something different."

Yeah, in essence, the person judging the Trump voter is messed up. A good and kind person wants to make sure liberals don't take away everyone's personal rights and add them to their own personal rights. Je/she doesn't like good and kind people who try to take care of others..

edit on 27-9-2020 by rickymouse because: Tired as hell. went to sleep at one and wide awake at five in the morning.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Families are hilarious.
Handing out copies of the Constitution helps.

Altho it's fun to get snarky an point out if I did everything just like them I'd be wearing old lady clothes (shudder!) still living at Gram's house or have badly done full sleeve tattoo's.

It's ok to be the Black Sheep...really!

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I read the piece of total trash until I had to press the “story continues” button. I don’t wish to read any more it, because it makes me sad that so many people actually agree with what this deranged pissy baby author is saying. This person actually said “This isn’t about Republican vs. Democrat. It is about life and death.” Good lord.

But, I would like to read the comments, if the author/yahoo is allowing them (they probably aren’t). Anyone read to the end to know if there are comments?

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

exposed their support for or tolerance of bigotry, hatred, selfishness, narcissism, bullying, racism, sexism, abuse and violence through their support of Trump.

Hmmm something seems off about that sentence...let me see here..

Bigotry
Who was it that set up racial segregation zones and has been on a massive tirade of violence over race?

Hatred
Hmmmm

Selfishness
Now it's slipped my mind, but, who are the people destroying and stealing personal property believing it's 'reparations'?

Narcissism, bullying, racism, abuse
See all of the above

Violence
Had to actually go back to my thread on this to get the link. Searched it on google just for fun, funny enough, it doesn't exist according to google. But I think this speaks for itself.

Well after careful deliberation and thought, i think i've figured out the error in that paragraph.

exposed their support for or tolerance of bigotry, hatred, selfishness, narcissism, bullying, racism, sexism, abuse and violence through their support of Trump Biden.

Ok, there we go, now the paragraph is accurate.
edit on 27/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
As a matter of course, this brings up the question of ...How To Cope When A Family Member Is Voting Biden.

My answer: TRIGGER THE HELL OUT OF THEM!

ETA: Record videos of the epic meltdowns to share on the interwebs.
edit on 2020 9 27 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Got to love it...This is why there is no logical debate with the left.

Someone you thought was a good and kind person has revealed themselves to be… something different. Someone you love has exposed their support for or tolerance of bigotry, hatred, selfishness, narcissism, bullying, racism, sexism, abuse and violence through their support of Trump.

Assuming you’ve tried to have productive conversations, tried to reason with them about all the awful things Trump has said and done, all the terror he has and is raining down on us, begged them even to be reasonable, they still aren’t changing their mind. They are voting for this monster.

I’ll be honest, 2020 has been a punch in the gut for so many reasons. Learning that someone you love is voting for Trump is brutal and heartbreaking. But remember: your heartbreak over this is also a sign that you care very deeply about building a better country and world.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
What are Democrats going to say about the next republican candidate for president; they pulled out all the stops on Trump they can't go any farther with the next person.

They can always fall back on high school beer drinking and rape...that never goes out of style.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Actually, it's a sign that you're an f'ing brainless sheep, but if you don't know that already ...

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You cope by putting on your big boy (or big girl) pants and understand that people have different opinions from your own. That this does not make them good, bad or indifferent. It just means they have their own opinion.

If you act out in anger, fear, violence, etc...they will rightfully deal with you being an ass. Mostly by ignoring whatever point you wanted to make because your behavior disrespected them as an individual.

But consider this...there are 193+ countries out there in this world. One of them is bound the be cesspool you desire to transform the US into. So go out there and find that country you would be happier within and stop setting ours on fire.
edit on 27-9-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Wow...now I had to go and read the rest...but...just wow...

It isn’t about Democrat vs. Republican or liberal versus conservative. It is about life and death. It is about democracy versus fascism. It is about hate versus kindness. 

For some people, it might mean a shift, but you’re still able to maintain some kind of relationship. For others, it might be cutting them out completely. Believe me, it is not easy at all. It hurts bad when your MAGA-hat wearing cousin calls you all kinds of names on social media. But this is why the unfollow, unfriend, and block buttons were created. You do not need to subject yourself to bullies and toxic relationships just because someone is related to you

Just as – or maybe even more – important as setting healthy boundaries, or maybe even cutting a toxic Trump supporter from your life completely, is making sure to surround yourself with people who are on the same page as you. This is not about living in an echo chamber – differences of opinion are still a good thing – but it is about emotional survival, and that requires shared values.

I’ve found to combat the desperate feelings of woe is to do something. Phone bank. Volunteer to work the polls. Donate to the Biden/Harris campaign and the Democratic parties in swing states.

Oh my God, my #ing sides, that's just...I can't even....

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Hate vs. kindness?

Kindness ... Like burning down town centers? Like physically attacking children because your don't like the cap they're wearing? Like ...

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Never underestimate the lefts stupidity and desperation.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

You see, they have to brand you with a big yellow symbol because you are "less" of a person. Then they can justify to themselves sticking you in the re-education camp or just killing you because you are an evil person.

Someone you love has exposed their support for or tolerance of bigotry, hatred, selfishness, narcissism, bullying, racism, sexism, abuse and violence through their support of Trump.

It is about life and death. It is about democracy versus fascism. It is about hate versus kindness. So, yes, it is perfectly reasonable to feel devastated and horrified that someone you love – someone you had considered to be kind and reasonable and smart – is not the person you thought they were. Let yourself feel the anger and heartbreak. Let yourself grieve. Then take action.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join