It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New coronavirus mutation could be evolving to get around mask-wearing and hand-washing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I can see it now ... Early communication attempts will go like this:

Then it will accuse us of multicellular supremacy and demand equity and stage fiery but mostly peaceful protests in various sets of lungs.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Election is 5 weeks they must scare everyone into not voting.

DOOM!!! DOOOMM

DOOOOMMMMM!!

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm tired of this sh#t.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Your source, a short MSN article, makes the following claims . . .

isn't more deadly, but it does have higher loads of virus, which implies it is more contagious

the virus could have evolved to resist common efforts at dodging the virus, such as washing hands or wearing masks

The Telegraph and NY Times say about the same, except the Times said . . .

The paper, which has not been peer-reviewed . . .

. . . findings suggest . . .

. . . appeared to have . . .

. . . it’s possible that . . .

NY Times Article

I'm only left to assume that this study came from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, but none of those articles actually say that or give references.

It sounds like conjecture all around based on the "higher load" this mutation "seems to" produce. I wonder how much higher a load this is, just a few percent higher? How much of a higher load would make any difference? Will a higher load be any less effected by current protocols, ie. masks, washing hands, distancing?

My BS meter is on "spin". These news media articles only provide unproven conjecture from an un-reviewed paper with no solid references given or any other professional opinions expressed.
edit on 27-9-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Yes this is the most psychopathic God-like killer virus, and is even a psychic

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Haha

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Hecate666
I read something by an unknown internet user that struck me as relevant. It's certainly not a quote as I only remember the gist:

If the masks work, why do we have to keep 2 meters apart?
If being 2 meters apart works, why do we need a mask?
If both work, why do we need a lockdown?
If none of them work, why implement these measures at all?
If the lockdown works, why do we need a vaccine?

I absolutely hate the masks and the COVID19 hysteria, however, suggesting all of the approaches above is called ‘layering’ which means no one thing is going to protect you 100%. The goal is to do multiple things to reduce the risk of the virus.

I'm in the same boat, several of those questions must suppose that we all just sit still and not move or breath..not a gotcha moment at all.

link   
Mutated coronavirus 'may now be more contagious and able to get around masks

The virologist, who works at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said the virus has become more transmissible which may have implications as to how we can control it. He added: “Although we don’t know yet, it is well within the realm of possibility that this coronavirus, when our population-level immunity gets high enough, this coronavirus will find a way to get around our immunity. “If that happened, we’d be in the same situation as with flu. We’ll have to chase the virus and, as it mutates, we’ll have to tinker with our vaccine.”

The study also found that one of the mutations D614G is the most dominant in the US and is behind 99.9 per cent of cases in the Houston area in Texas.

Why masks and hand-washing may not protect against new coronavirus mutation

Scientists say more contagious strain of the virus is adapting to get around social distancing measures

So they are speaking also how the bug is adapting also for social distancing ?

Mask, hand washing, social distancing....i gues they want to say only vaccines can beat this -

Molecular Architecture of Early Dissemination and Massive Second Wave of the SARS-CoV-2 Virus in a Major Metropolitan Area

ps: Virologist David Morens from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases — and senior adviser to Dr. Fauci

link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Kenzo

Psst, it's a virus. It doesn't need to "evolve" to get around masks. They never did any good to begin with.

Here’s an article from the prestigious journal “Nature” from April, 2020 titled “Respiratory virus shedding in exhaled breath and efficacy of face masks“

www.nature.com...

In this experiment, they measured the amount of virus detected in breath samples from virus infected people before wearing masks and after wearing masks. They found that surgical masks reduced the count of Corona virus-laden droplets and aerosols by somewhere between 75 to 80%.

Keep denying your ignorance.

The major limitation of our study was the large proportion of participants with undetectable viral shedding in exhaled breath for each of the viruses studied. We could have increased the sampling duration beyond 30 min to increase the viral shedding being captured, at the cost of acceptability in some participants. An alternative approach would be to invite participants to perform forced coughs during exhaled breath collection12. However, it was the aim of our present study to focus on recovering respiratory virus in exhaled breath in a real-life situation and we expected that some individuals during an acute respiratory illness would not cough much or at all. Indeed, we identified virus RNA in a small number of participants who did not cough at all during the 30-min exhaled breath collection, which would suggest droplet and aerosol routes of transmission are possible from individuals with no obvious signs or symptoms. Another limitation is that we did not confirm the infectivity of coronavirus or rhinovirus detected in exhaled breath. While the G-II was designed to preserve viability of viruses in aerosols, and in the present study we were able to identify infectious influenza virus in aerosols, we did not attempt to culture coronavirus or rhinovirus from the corresponding aerosol samples.

Before exhaled breath collection, each participant was randomly allocated in a 1:1 ratio to either wearing a surgical face mask (cat. no. 62356, Kimberly-Clark) or not during the collection. To mimic the real-life situation, under observation by the study staff, participants were asked to attach the surgical mask themselves, but instruction on how to wear the mask properly was given when the participant wore the mask incorrectly. Participants were instructed to breathe as normal during the collection, but (natural) coughing was allowed and the number of coughs was recorded by study staff. Participants were then invited to provide a second exhaled breath sample of the alternate type (for example if the participant was first assigned to wearing a mask they would then provide a second sample without a mask), but most participants did not agree to stay for a second measurement because of time constraints. Participants were compensated for each 30-min exhaled breath collection with a supermarket coupon worth approximately US$30 and all participants were gifted a tympanic thermometer worth approximately US$20.

Then there is this:

Competing interests
B.J.C. consults for Roche and Sanofi Pasteur.

Roche makes coronavirus test kits. Sanofi is making a coronavirus vaccine.

edit on 9/27/2020 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
What they dont want to much dicuss is that Vitamin D Cuts SARS-CoV-2 Infection Rate by Half! So if we would look from scientific point, FACE MASK VS VITAMIN D3 , there is no doubt which can protect ( vitamin D )and which can not protect ( face mask )

So Why does they endorse masks, without proof, while ignoring a proven solution?

The real deal, vitamin D

edit on 28-9-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Who robbed you? "they guy in the mask".

On a far more serious note: It is obvious after reading this that you need to attend to some gender therapy as you are clearly insensitive to gender dysphoria - or some other related bollocks - as you have made the assumption that the robber is a 'guy'.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Interesting stuff you added. It addresses a couple of my questions without really providing a solid answer one way or the other and so still supports the idea that most of this is conjecture.

It is apparent there are studies that could be done (or have been done) that give solid answers that either support or refute these claims. Omitting that from these articles is absolutely one sided that (IMO) makes it suspect of spin and manipulation.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

So if the supposed virus can bypass mask , why are there mask mandates ?

Why indeed.

It's all a gigantic mind-flux.

Please save us with a vaccine !!!!
Multiple dosages, and multiple repetitions per year : we won't mind !

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I am trying to give another side of the coin , we all have been absolutely bombed with the official narrative, and it just dont add up to me at all. This was also from MSM, but it even makes everything more conflicting on what is going on in many countrys.....and the guy works with Tony Fauci . They are loosing it...

Everyone is free to look up and decide. We're all here to do what we're all here to do .

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I read something by an unknown internet user that struck me as relevant. It's certainly not a quote as I only remember the gist:

If the masks work, why do we have to keep 2 meters apart?
If being 2 meters apart works, why do we need a mask?
If both work, why do we need a lockdown?
If none of them work, why implement these measures at all?
If the lockdown works, why do we need a vaccine?

By hook or by crook : we will be brought into submission of our technocratic overlords.

We're not 'supposed' to ask these kinds of questions.

Look at how happy all of the compliant little bossy folks are.
Smug and self-righteous.

Have been cut-off, and spoken to harshly, with authoritative tones, by two health professions, to whom it was dared to mention that the PCR tests are not accurate.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

Thank-you for denying scientism.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I don’t see how a good majority of the public doesn’t see this totally blatant manipulation by the powers that be. HOW? Like I said months ago, here we are, reading about how the virus is getting more deadly and more contagious and it’s even figured out a way to get around the draconian measures they’ve unconstitutionally forced upon the public.

The more people who begin to question this whole thing, the more “studies” they will vomit out that show this virus as being just completely unstoppable. The less “spikes” in cases, the more crazy unstoppable mutations they will claim they’ve found.

Clearly, the vaccine is one important end to their means. I think the other ends are complete access 24/7 to our lives (contact tracing, all the apps), and to permanently corral people into confined areas so we are even more easily controlled. That sounds very conspiracy theory, but I don’t care- it’s obvious it’s not a theory.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

They surely are wanting to scare us even more with this horrific super virus . It do look like it`s all about getting people vaccinated. They cant get people accept the vaccine , they need to write horror storys all day , and yet more and more people are seeing through this crap.

They simply flat out lie about everything, specially the test .

See the 2 videos :

False Positives Scandal

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join