It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunderstorms produce antimatter is there a danger to us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yeah getting tired of all the politics so i figured id offer people a break. Think for my next topic might be the 5th state of matter will see.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Your right i think they avoided saying antimatter on purpose because it would not phreak people out. If your doctor said we are going to hit you with antimatter and wait for the reaction with electrons to see inside you people might think twice. Saying Positron emission tomography sounds so much less dangerous. Its truly amazing how we can map interactions on such a small scale.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Love the thread, just posting to not lose it.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It also produces nuclear fusion. And fusion capable plasma. But every thunderstorm does not result in a Hiroshima level event.

Antimatter is OK. And the low levels are a part of nature. Like ozone and rain. Or carbon dioxide and volcanoes, natural processes take care of themselves.

No reason to panic.

But keep watching the skies! We are due for some messed up shizz we have not thought about!!

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

We are due for some messed up shizz we have not thought about!!

Yes, I fear 2020 is not done yet and not going quietly into the night when it is...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone is left on this site who would appreciate this comment but in case there are a few lurking....

According to a book about Tesla being from another planet, Tesla was born during an extreme thunderstorm. Make of that what you want.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yeah getting tired of all the politics so i figured id offer people a break. Think for my next topic might be the 5th state of matter will see.

All for it dragonridr

When I've read about antimatter as it pertains to lightning, typically it's been in relation to the phenomenon of ball lightning.

Many UFOlogists seeking clues about potential propulsion systems for exotic craft have drawn connections between lightning and antimatter, and they have wondered if such an event could be artificially reproduced and harnessed to generate the enormous amounts of energy required to power a system that would move about by warping spacetime. Electrogravitics, zero-point energy and antimatter are all frequent topics for such discussions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join