It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sorry, Judge Barrett

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+106 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You have spent your life trying to do good for the people. You applied your exceptional mind to your chosen career. You worked long and hard, balancing a family, a career, and social involvement. You did all this with your head high and your convictions intact. There was a time in the United States of America when all that would be applauded. But that day is not today.

You are raising 7 children, 2 of whom are not your own. They seem to be happy and healthy. Those 2 are not even of the same skin color as you, but they stood there as equals with their brothers and sisters. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would be proud of you. You judge based on character, not by the color of skin. You are the fulfillment of a great man's dream. At one time in the United States of America, that would have been noble and respected. But that day is not today.

Today, you reached the pinnacle of all those yeas of hard study and work. I watched you stand proudly behind that podium as the President of the United States of America officially nominated you to sit with the other revered Justices on the United States Supreme Court. I heard you pay tribute to two of them who are sadly no longer with us: Justice Antonin Scalia, your mentor, and Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, your forerunner. They were close friends with fierce political differences, and I was moved by your pledge to continue in their footsteps.

But today you also entered a battleground. You stepped from relative obscurity as an Appellate Court Judge into the limelight of hatred that has become US politics. You are now a target. Your life and your accomplishments are meaningless. Your pledges to uphold the Constitution will be ignored, or worse, twisted into something entirely different. Every word you have ever uttered will be dissected, analyzed, scrutinized, demonized, and used to make you out to be the Devil incarnate. Your actions of charity and compassion will be worthless things only done for a personal benefit, despite them done when no personal benefit could be foreseen. In short, you will be attacked as harshly and as viciously as anyone has ever been attacked. Your husband and your children will also be fair game for those who seek to not just remove this well-deserved honor from you, but want to destroy you every way possible... you, your family, your career, and your very soul.

You do not deserve what is to come. You deserve to be investigated and questioned to ensure your suitability for the job. You have had that happen once before,and even then certain of those questioning you attacked your faith. This time will be worse, much worse. The ire is so strong that these same people took Brett Kavanaugh before you to the brink of desperation, then laughed as he struggled to deal with the immeasurable damage they had caused him and those he loved. That is the caliber of those who are even now practicing their lies and sharpening their swords against you.

You do not seem to be naive; I am sure you expect the hearings to be difficult. However, I doubt that any reasonable person can fully imagine the utter destruction these people are ready to unleash. I pray that you will be strengthened enough to withstand the avalanch of hate that is to come.

You have a hard enough task before you: keeper of the US Constitution, the document envied around the world that allowed this country to grow from rag-tag colonists desperately trying to survive a new world devoid of all the latest advantages of civilization to the greatest military, economic, and technological superpower the world has ever known in a mere 200 years. You will be the ultimate check and balance on all the rest of the government. The fate of the freedom of the American people will be in your hands as you listen to cases and write opinions that, for all purposes, carry the weight of law. It is an awesome power and an awesome responsibility that I pray you will take as seriously as it deserves to be taken.

You will be attacked because there are those who do not want you to be a check and balance on them. Your attackers are partisan, and wish to relegate that great Constitution to a weapon they can use against their political rivals while they remake this great nation into some perverted vision of a dysfunctional fantasy they see as "Utopia." They want to destroy everything you stand for and everything you believe in. They want to turn the American people from a proud, capable, independent lot of diversity into a segregated, cowering group of serfs that exist only to please them and at their pleasure. They will stop at nothing to achieve this... they will slander, defame, lie, accuse, and yes, even kill to achieve their goals. Give them no quarter; stand firm in your convictions and know that through it all, God is with you.

As am I. As are the silent majority who see your attackers for who and what they are. You are not alone, for when they attack you, they attack us.

Godspeed and congratulations.

TheRedneck

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I heard in life that doing a good deed gets returned to you in a very unexpected way.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I regret that you are much more likely to be correct.
God speed judge. Always look forward.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I heard in life that doing a good deed gets returned to you in a very unexpected way.

It does indeed. But there are also many who would attack anyone for doing a good deed.

TheRedneck

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I just hope the hearings are televised. That way the American people can see the hatred of them as it boils over.

TheRedneck

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Raising 7 children proves they are "Tough Enough"

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Don’t worry she has put on the Armor of God

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
So far I have heard people # on her for adopted kids of another race, and # on her religion. Christofascist is my favorite insult I heard thus far. Par for the course I guess, we are talking about facebook lefties.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Kudos to your post... I was thinking along the same lines today when I heard the announcement.

It is a sad time in America when we cannot put a person in a position of power based on their merit alone.

Instead, she is going to be bullied to the point of no return because of her personal beliefs.

From the party of "love and tolerance"... against a woman.

Let us hope that she goes through the fire and does not come out on the other side with a hatred of the Democratic party.

I would prefer she remain impartial and above politics, as the position she is being nominated for deserves.

But the left seems to be pretty good lately at molding and shaping and making their own enemies.

Let's see where it goes an I hope she has a strong backbone and family.

They will need both against the zealots of the left.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I have actually heard some say that being a Catholic is fine, but not when one follows the tenets of the religion. As though they are trying to justify their hatred by claiming the word is fine but the religion itself is evil.

Joe Biden claims to be Catholic; he has spent his entire political career letting his hands roam wherever they want, on whoever they want, of whatever age they want. Nancy Pelosi claims to be Catholic; she tries to hide her unadulterated hatred of the President behind that label, since "Catholics don't hate."

Amy Coney Barrett claims to be Catholic; she has done nothing to my knowledge except follow her religion... well, religiously. And she is the problem. That says so much more than words ever can.

"Christofascist"? That's a new one...

TheRedneck

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It is a sad time in America when we cannot put a person in a position of power based on their merit alone.

It is a sad time when we cannot even agree that the Constitution is the very reason for the office.

As I mentioned the Supreme Court is the ultimate check and balance. Those nine justices are not there to push their agendas or listen to the people... that's what Congress is for. To some degree, that's what the Presidency is for. Not the Supreme Court; they are a check on the other two, a wall between them and tyranny that should have no legal allegiance except to the US Constitution, US Federal law, ratified US treaties, and Supreme Court precedent, in that order.

The Supreme Court does not need to be "balanced" between left and right... it is the balance. Those seats need to be held by those who can put aside their own feelings and rule based on the law. If a local judge were to start throwing the book at marijuana cases because he's got a personal beef with the drug, while letting others off with a slap on the risk, people would be screaming for a judge to follow the law... so why would that attitude be any less important in the highest court in the land?

I believe Amy Coney Barrett can rule judiciously according to the Constitution. That's all that should matter.

TheRedneck

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You should write speeches for the President. Mind you Trump doesn't need them.

I could feel the love you have for your country and all it has stood for. But not today....

I'm not American and that post made me wanna go and set a firework off or something..lol

Seriously..excellent post I feel for you guys..Same crap going on here..

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I agree.
Pretty soon ms Ford will claim that Barrett molested her is college.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

On the bright side, I can't see even the dumbest of the dumb on the Left (and believe me, that's effing saying something when you stand in a crowd of glue eaters and family photo disappointments and are singled out as the mentally defective one) will believe it when the imbeciles roll out their next Christine Blasey Ford to claim Amy Barrett raped her or WTF-ever the goddamn collective of retards' next side show act is going to be in their efforts to smear an unblemished name.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

...unless the "good deed" is mandated by the government, and then it's called "fairness" by the Special Ed inhabitants (AKA "progressives")

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I agree.
Pretty soon ms Ford will claim that Barrett molested her is college.

I'm sure the word that rhymes with 'runt' told her beach friends about it and, by God, the fembots in the Senate will say her accusations must be believed because: reasons.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Im curious, will the attack the adopted children being proof she is a closet nazi... or just stick to the vanilla ultra religious closet clanswoman kiddy didler.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Why do Most Politicians Today have to be Such A Holes ? Do We Not Live in a Civil Society > ? WE the PEOPLE get Along JUST Fine in Dealing with Our Differences , but the Political Animal Can't Seem to Control Itself . Geez , I Freakin' HATE Politics , but I Understand a Man's Gotta Eat .............

edit on 26-9-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If there was ever a way to break the bad news...
yours would be heart to heart. Beyond sad that there
are elected officials of such bad caliber we as Americans
are apologizing ahead of time for their lack of moral
and ethical behavior.

And to think that the Democratic VP pick will be leading
the pack of wolves? I guess not much more could be expected
from a terrorist loving miscreant such as Kamala Harris

I can only hope, as with many things the Democrats have
do that this backfires on them with such force they are
left screaming at the sky as they damn themselves.

edit on 26-9-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Some money quotes from a piece written by a committed liberal ... in Amy Barrett's defense.

Regardless of what you or I may think of the circumstances of this nomination, Barrett is highly qualified to serve on the Supreme Court.

I disagree with much of her judicial philosophy and expect to disagree with many, maybe even most of her future votes and opinions. Yet despite this disagreement, I know her to be a brilliant and conscientious lawyer who will analyze and decide cases in good faith, applying the jurisprudential principles to which she is committed. Those are the basic criteria for being a good justice. Barrett meets and exceeds them.

[...]

To add to her merits, Barrett is a sincere, lovely person. I never heard her utter a word that wasn’t thoughtful and kind — including in the heat of real disagreement about important subjects. She will be an ideal colleague. I don’t really believe in “judicial temperament,” because some of the greatest justices were irascible, difficult and mercurial. But if you do believe in an ideal judicial temperament of calm and decorum, rest assured that Barrett has it. . . .

Barrett is also a profoundly conservative thinker and a deeply committed Catholic. What of it? Constitutional interpretation draws on the full resources of the human mind. These beliefs should not be treated as disqualifying. . . .

We have a Supreme Court nominee who is a brilliant lawyer, a genuine and good person — and someone who holds views about how to interpret the law that I think are wrong and, in certain respects, misguided. I hope the senators at her hearing treat her with respect.

[...]

(Emphasis added)

So she can do the job. She earned the respect of this man, even as he disagreed with her. He admits she's a delightful person, brilliant, and eminently qualified for the position.
edit on Sun Sep 27 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join