It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACB is a natural

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What a great speech, by an incredible person. Amy Coney Barrett will make our country so proud on the supreme court.

Her humbleness and sincerity shows exactly why she deserves to sit on the court.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

She is human like everyone else. Her creds sound good, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I am not going to blindly follow someone until they actually produce the fruit they claim to represent.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Agreed, but her record on the 7th circuit is untarnished which is rare. Of course I might be biased after watching her in 2017 during the first confirmation

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

She is human like everyone else. Her creds sound good, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I am not going to blindly follow someone until they actually produce the fruit they claim to represent.

She has a fair amount of written opinion, if you care to look into it.

It's not like anyone at that level doesn't have an established record, so that statement is a bit lazy.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yea, treachery and deceit is in the air and those on the side of evil and corruption blend in well. What I mean by that is look at the years it took for the Marxists to brain wash our youth, to embed themselves in our judicial system and our government.

I applaud your optimism, I just fear for the death of our Republic.......

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Why are you assuming I haven't looked into her?

I have, and I do support her as the choice.

Are you so naive to forget we are talking about politics?

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well, she certainly is a feminist. But, she's also an "originalist". Like Scalia, she believes that Roe V Wade was wrongly decided, as was the addition of the 13th, the 14th and the 15th Amendments!

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Well, she certainly is a feminist. But, she's also an "originalist". Like Scalia, she believes that Roe V Wade was wrongly decided, as was the addition of the 13th, the 14th and the 15th Amendments!

So she's someone who would judge based on the the existing laws and the Constitution as written.

Not view those laws through a prism of personal political belief.

An Origionalist.

I can see why that would be problematic for someone like you.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

So she's someone who would judge based on the the existing laws and the Constitution as written.

She will rule that LGBT people have no Constitutional protection against discrimination. She believes SCOTUS has no place in the Civil Rights debate.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Sorry...an originalist?

So thinking for yourself is a bad thing?

Delving into your thought processes is absolutely terrifying...

Wow.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

She will rule that LGBT people have no Constitutional protection against discrimination. She believes SCOTUS has no place in the Civil Rights debate.

When has she done any of that ? 😃🚬

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
God bless the Constitution !! 😎

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Sorry...an originalist?

LOL

She's a Constitutional Originalist. She thinks what she thinks the Founding Fathers want her to think they were thinking when they wrote those words.

It's not my thought process, it's hers.

edit on 26-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Sorry...an originalist?

LOL

She's a Constitutional Originalist. She thinks what she thinks the Founding Fathers want her to think they were thinking when they wrote those words.

No, it's yours, here, right now. Do you have any proof that she will do as you're afraid she will? Any? Just one fact or opinion from her would suffice.

As far as the civil rights debate goes, she's correct - the court has NO business being involved in debating the issue. Their only duty is to decide if a law or a decision is constitutional or not. Period.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

True, but so is my daughters and wife. If you define being a feminist as someone who supports women's rights than I am one too

Being an originalist is a major win in my category, I want a judge to do their job and follow the law and the constitution not try to rewrite it as they see fit

She's a very accomplished jurist, and this is a great achievement. I believe ACB will be impartial- she's nobody's puppet. Does she look like a rubber stamp? I personally do not think so

I also believe there is no real impetus to repeal the Roe decision, and although it would be their right to do so, I seriously doubt thy will overturn existing precedent

There's no political will to take down Roe at this time. Perhaps an attack on gun rights could change that calculus. A state may try to pass a law permitting partial birth (without a medical necessity to save the mothers life) and that could do it too

That's the beauty of judges like ACB. You can't just assume she would vote one way or the other, and absolutely not on political consideration

Her family looked so proud. I can only imagine how her school age kids feel. I didn't realize no other justice had kids in school, something very heartwarming about that

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

But that's her job. What the founders wrote didn't come with an interpretation clause

The complaint against ACB is truly that she will do her job faithfully and uphold the Constitution vs making it up as you go along

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Sorry...an originalist?

LOL

Wow, I didn't know Freedom & Liberty were such venomous designs, as to be due the derision and contempt you're showing them.

Those damn founding fathers and thier danged liberty ! How ironic you use those same freedoms and liberties to slander the very concepts as they are, and those who enshrined them.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

But that's her job. What the founders wrote didn't come with an interpretation clause

The complaint against ACB is truly that she will do her job faithfully and uphold the Constitution vs making it up as you go along

Willing to testify she gang raped me with her sorority sisters every weekend back in highschool.... Or did that card already get played ?

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

she right as far as being part of the debate. SCOTUS job is to determine if something is constitutional. not debate it, nor make policy or law.

as for protection against discrimination, it remains to be seen. if it is determined that something is giving lgbt special protection that it doesn't give every U.S. citizen it should be ruled unconstitutional.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Rather than debate that with you, I'd rather you provide the sources you relied on to come to that opinion, and then discuss it?

I'm assuming you've done more research than I have at this point, to say that so categorically?

More on topic -

This is going to be tough one for the Dem's. This will be nothing like Kavanaugh, where they simply located a woman willing to trash him as a man. The only thing they can go after is her religion, and they already confirmed her recently for a high court.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join