It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks Like The Days of Catch and Release Without Charges in Portland For Rioters Might Be Over

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

At 9:00 A.M. this morning, members of the Portland Police Bureau’s Rapid Response (RRT) Team were deputized as Federal Marshals. This will allow federal prosecutors to charge allegations of assault on a federal officer to anyone who attacks a deputized Portland Police Bureau Officers.

“Portland Officers have been serving on the front lines of nightly protests for months, sustaining injuries and encountering unspeakable violence,” stated Superintendent Travis Hampton. “If I am to send them into harm’s way this weekend, on my authority, I’m going to ensure they have all the protections and authority of an OSP Trooper.”

Along with the Oregon State Police who are also sworn as Federal Officers, this will enable any persons who commit violent acts towards our Law Enforcement Officers to be charged federally. The Oregon State Police and Portland Police will continue to make arrests on state charges. Those cases are then reviewed by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, and federal prosecutors will determine if any cases warrant federal charges.

“I want violent individuals thinking about the enhanced penalties they may face if they harm a Portland Police Bureau Officer,” Hampton said.

www.facebook.com...

Pretty sure that is a legit facebook page. I bet that ted wheelie guy isn't happy he can just let his people go night after night now. Seems that those proud boys announced they were going to march in portland today and the mayor declared a state of emergency over that. Might get bloody today, who knows. Maybe it's another bluff to get antifa and BLM to show up and start fighting each other again.

Saw some posts about those nice antifa fellows putting up cheap signs all over parks saying nice things like "Rest In Piss Jay", and "This City Kills Fascists and Proud Boys" and all manners of motivational things like that.
edit on Sat, 26 Sep 2020 15:12:44 -0500 by TKDRL because: Been a while since I posted, had to figure out how to quote external sources again lol

edit on Sat, 26 Sep 2020 15:13:51 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Excellent and about damn time! Now, if they'd start tracking down where the money to fund these people comes from and start enacting RICO, anti-terrorism laws and any other applicable federal statutes and laws, I'd be really happy.

Some people need to literally swing on a rope.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am just glad I don't live in a cesspool like that, I would probably already be locked up for defending my property and or myself from the marauding zombie hordes.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I am just glad I don't live in a cesspool like that, I would probably already be locked up for defending my property and or myself from the marauding zombie hordes.

I am currently legally residing outside of the U.S. I'm pretty certain that I'd either be in jail or hiding out if I were there.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

www.oregonlive.com...
Oregon State Police Superintendent Travis Hampton to retire Nov. 1
"Oregon State Police Superintendent Travis Hampton announced on Tuesday that he will retire effective Nov. 1.
Hampton, 49, began with the agency in 1990 as a cadet and worked his way through the ranks. He has served as superintendent for four years and was appointed by Gov. Kate Brown. His salary is"...

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be about fishing😕

The timing sure is suspect with PB in town. Hopefully it doesn’t get used against people defending themselves against..............

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Now, if they'd start tracking down where the money to fund these people comes from

Pretty sure they know where it’s coming from, priorities is another thing.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So far pretty quiet day surprisingly. Heard a couple antifa arrested, they confiscate some shields that said # BLM on them and paintball guns from some proudboys. Quiet before the nightly storm?

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Didn't Oregon's governor declare a State of Emergency yesterday?

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Damn and I thought LMPD calling a curfew for the ENTIER Louisville metro area 30 mins before curfew starts, only announcing it by phone emergency alerts, declaring it a riot before curfew started corralling protesters so the couldn't leave before curfew started and arresting everyone they could grab including journalists and the state rep from that district with felony rioting was bad enough.

top topics

join