It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So as I move on with my quest of life..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm 38 and baked some more pancakes this afternoon what I invited some friends for.

Now it came to me. I think a lot about the possibility of a God. I found myself confused about the matter. I don't think God wants you to retreat to find him. God wants you to love people now how can you love people by staying inside all day, right?

I'm actually taking things of the Bible for true of which I might not be necessarily certain. I just want to say this before I move on, so me saying God wants you to love people is one of those things. I'll mark these things with a (*).

So, first I thought God had no body, God being a spirit(*), but am I not also a spirit and I have a body, or is it the other way around? So, I'm guessing God could have a body. Lol, but I don 't know, just to be clear.

Then thinking God could be a body with a spirit I though well maybe God does telepathy. God does remote viewing and telepathy and possibly manifestations and what not and so God is one paranormal chick with sexy legs. No, just kidding, well..

Yea, even when God does not have a body he is one paranormal mind/spirit. He can read my mind thinking oh boy and I could have no clue about it?

If God exists he/she/they/it must be without a doubt full of paranormal powers. I never really thought about it like that until now.

I have no clue about God so far whatsoever. I'm just some confused person who occasionaly bakes pancakes.

I have a contact over the internet who claims to have been abducted by aliens and says the Bible is all about them so now I'm thinking what if God is an alien race? But then I mean, did they create themselves or what? They must have a God too and then that God is also our God.

I think someone is watching over us. Some good folks as well as some malevolent ones.

If I'm born a sinner then why do I pretend to be perfect?

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Do you think that to anthropomorphize God might be a deadly sin?

emorygdbbsnews.com...

Perhaps your pancakes are GOD. A kitchen sacrament so to speak; cook on for salvation!! I love pancakes!!
edit on 26-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You're thinking about God in your life.
That's a very positive thing.
Just go with it...

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Some say this is the nature of God while others say that that is the nature of God. Most of what people believe to be the ''story'' of God is just that, merely a story that has moved along with history from ages past up to the present.

Others find that the best thing to do is to just ''Let the Mystery Be''

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

If I'm born a sinner then why do I pretend to be perfect?

Why would you pretend to be perfect? That's silly.

When we pray to God for help, he gives us strength to turn from our sins.

Clean our acts up the best we can.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

aliens and says the Bible is all about them

I'm not sure what your contact was referring to exactly, but there are some investigators who have spoken at length about
said aliens not being extraterrestrial at all, but extra-dimensional. And not nice or friendly. Demons.
The people who discuss the subject range from really 'out-there' to very rational, imo. They put forth the idea that these beings are the 'fallen ones', nephilim\human hybrids, and stuff like that. It's an interesting theory.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I agree with TAT- that you’re thinking about God is only positive, so go with it! And in my experience, if you just give God the smallest bit of belief or faith or even questions, He will help you with the rest. Really incredible things can happen within yourself and in your life, once you start giving God the benefit of the doubt. Like I said- even the tiniest amount and He will pick it up from there.

I grew up in a fundamentalist Christian household, then rejected ALL of it in my late 20’s (I had been taught some really, really distorted views of God) then tried out all manner of other belief systems, because I tried but couldn’t get myself to believe in no God. God led me back to Him but with a real belief and love this time.

Keep going!

p.s.
I considered the “aliens are our makers” business (bunk, to be blunt) for a while too. “Jesus=advanced human/alien” made sense to me for a while even. Fortunately I didn’t stay there for long at all. That’s New Agers wanting a savior for humanity but not wanting it to be the biblical God or biblical Jesus. You see those beliefs start incorporating “ascension” and crap like that. The truth is that humanity is complicated, and we have to do the work ourselves- no magic alien or superhuman is coming to make it all better.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

[ warning: the gods don't really talk to me in words, but I make up dialogs nevertheless ]

So I asked God, aka Manuela, if it would be okay for me to be an Atheist.

And She said, "Well sure. It's not like I am given to discrimination or anything."

"All right then," I said "I am now an Atheist. What do you think of that?"

"Hello?"

"Hello? Are you there Manuela?"

"Okay. I've decided I'm not an Atheist any more."

"Was it fun while it lasted?" She asked.

"Well no." I said, "I missed the conversation."

She just laughed.

---------------
But seriously. This is my favorite scene from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

[ warning: bad words at the 2:42 1/2 mark ]

Monty Python - The French Waiter
edit on 26-9-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Thinking does not bring you to the truth. You can think or imagine whatever you want.

The truth is found at least partly by - careful observation and discernment.
edit on 26-9-2020 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They come from the sky.

Thinking God is an alien race gave me some perspective on God. My idea on God prior to the alien concept was pretty much aimless. Aliens are more tangible to my mind.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We must find the Light of God, whatever that is.

The contact I mentioned talked about a human looking being emanating a light and looking at the being physicaly hurted himself.

top topics

join