It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three railroad workers built a 'man cave' under New York's Grand Central Terminal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Three railroad employees were suspended without pay for converting a room underneath Grand Central Terminal in New York City into their own personal 'man cave.'

The room was furnished with a wall-mounted TV connected to a streaming device, a futon couch, refrigerator, air mattress, and microwave, according to a report released Thursday by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority Inspector Carolyn Pokorny.

Grand Central Station management told investigators they didn't know the room even existed, let alone that it was a locksmith storage room, according to the report. Officials said the wiring of the TV and the streaming device created a potential fire hazard and that "the MNR Fire Brigade considers an unmapped room for which no one appears to have the key to be very dangerous."
Three railroad workers built a 'man cave' under New York's Grand Central Terminal

It sounds like it took two reports of this "room" before anyone looked hard enough to find it.

Looks like people were sleeping there sometimes or maybe bringing "dates" to the room.

You know they were hanging out down there while on the clock too. I bet it's a good place to hide from the cameras and supervisors at work.

Lol, they found "a half-consumed beer in the refrigerator and an empty can in the trash". Who leaves a half-consumed beer in the fridge?

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Who leaves a half-consumed beer in the fridge?

that guy does. Don't be that guy.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Disgruntled coworkers reported the room.
Go figure.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Now they all panic that we might all disappear where they can't track us

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

That is so funny! I agree with Bluntone22, disgruntled jealous coworkers. God forbid anyone have a little fun. Geez.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

With all the crap going on, this is what CNN reports on?

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
+10 for innovation and original thinking 😃

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So they made themselves a break room. Yawn.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Looks better than I thought, I thought it would have been dark and dingy. They did a good job.

Their employer could gain points by condoning its use for all staff as a mental health breakout room for all staff. Though no drinking on the job for obvious reasons.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
When I was in the Navy at "A" school in Great Lakes some NCOs "commandeered" a "den" that belonged to the barracks (and those who lived there.) They furnished it with rugs, a refrigerator, and lounge furniture, all locked away from us, except for the daily 'cleaning crew.' (Snork!) Fridge was filled with beer. Strictly illegal and don't know why they weren't turned in. In any case, their beer kept disappearing. It was fun hearing the NCOs blame each other for the disappearing beer. Have no idea what happened to the beer (Burp.)

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thats why the working class will never flourish, they are always attacking each other.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Uh, idiot question from the peanut gallery??...

Is there a difference between “Grand Central Station” and “Grand Central Terminal”??!

Seems that whole system is a money drain more than a train station! The were was, design project team caught padding their billing statements for millions (major company that does military contracts too), one of the unions doing the work was accused, even a senator or two (iirc)... a man cave with a futon and a fridge is rather small potatoes!!

Dang jelly coworkers! Ruined a good thing!

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So George Costanza got a job at the railway aye??

Cuomo, let my people go!

I do question the integrity of these people though for refrigerating half a beer.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am the guy with the half tin of beer , right beside the half tin of corn on the cob and half tin of beans

We used to make smoke rooms on the oil rigs under the heli-deck all very illegal , and i know nothing about the magic mushrooms that ended up in the scaffolders tea urn , honest

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Whoever reported them is going to have a hard life.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I can't even count how many times I've found places like this at my workplace! It's got to be in the hundreds.

There are so many opportune places it's just unreal. Some of these rooms are pretty elaborate too! Fully furnished (and not just junky stuff either). The most recent one we found was shockingly nice. Must have been years in the making. First off it was spotless. It was carpeted, wall to wall. There was a bed with a frame and everything. The mattress had sheets and a comforter, and the bed was nicely made. There was a dresser, complete with a mirror and changes of clothes inside. A night stand with a lamp, a clock (set to the current time) and a Bible. There was a small refrigerator with unexpired food in it, a TV connected to cable TV, a small table with a couple chairs and a microwave.

Over the years I've seen quite a few at the opposite end of the spectrum too which were just flop houses with used condoms scattered about, drug paraphernalia including syringes, filthy mattresses and full of rats.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
So George Costanza got a job at the railway aye??

Cuomo, let my people go!

I do question the integrity of these people though for refrigerating half a beer.

I used to know a fella that would leave a half a can of beer on the table for the morning to cure his hangover.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Can of beer prob sucks but a quality bottled beer is good for half a day if you seal the top with plastic wrap or bottle top sealer

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What sort of workplace is this? Hundreds of rooms?!

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

A giant facility with millions of square feet, much of it underground, hundreds of buildings and 57 square miles of real estate.

In fact, a couple of the buildings are over 2 million square feet just themselves.

edit on 9/26/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

join