It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was never an evil monster until you decided I was

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+118 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

"I never cared if you were 'gay' until you started shoving it in my face, and the faces of my children.

I never cared what color you were, until you started blaming my race for your problems.

I never cared about your political affiliation until you started to condemn me for mine.

I never cared where you were born until you wanted to erase my history and blame my ancestors for your current problems.

I never cared if you were well-off or poor, until you said you were discriminated against, when I was promoted because I worked harder.

I never cared if your beliefs were different from mine, until you said my beliefs were wrong.

NOW I CARE!

My patience and tolerance are gone.

I'm not alone in feeling this way, there are millions of us who do and we have had enough!"

I found the above at:
www.zerohedge.com...

It realy expresses my fealings though it is not my words.

For me it is as if the whole mainstream media slid way left and labeled those of us in the middle as far right.

I have always been an independent when it comes to voting, but the second I was thrown in that basket of deplorables after voting for Obama twice, I began to feel the words quoted above.

The past 4 years has only seen that feeling grow.

I'm just glad someone finally found the words to Express what I have been feeling for so long, and felt it would be best to share in the mud pit.

I have been made out to be a monster in many people's heads who once loved me all without changing in character or deed, and all It took was the decision to deem anyone right of the far left a deplorable.

It's like that cruel torture older siblings would pull on their younger ones.

Stop hitting yourself.

It is like the dems and MSM have been playing that game on me for four years now, and I'm pissed.
edit on 24-9-2020 by Asktheanimals because: Added quote tags

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenmonet
[....]
It is like the dems and MSM have been playing that game on me for four years now, and I'm pissed.

Glad you woke up and took the red pill. Congrats!
edit on Thu Sep 24 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

+38 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

See? That was the problem. Those people are a bunch of miserable jerks, and you didn't care. Now they have the power to *make* you care, and if you don't they'll make you just as miserable, and if you do, they'll still make you miserable.

No one can be happy because they aren't happy.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm more a chaotic neutral.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Anyone who gets in my face for things I didn't do are doomed to fail. It has already happened.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Share your misery with the world should be the new motto for the left.

+49 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
All of this, every last bit of it, is exactly what I cant stand about liberals and democrats.

I didn't care about who was gay and who wasn't. I really didn't. It was all about, "What we do in our bedroom is our business, not yours." Okay. I am fine with that. The next thing you know its in the middle of main street wearing nothing but leather chaps and a goofy hat. What happened to keeping it in your bedroom? Do you see straight people walking down the middle of main street with their genitalia exposed? If that is what it means to be gay - sorry, but I don't like it. I learned that from you.

I was never racist. Then I learned that even though my people were slaves too, I was the problem for all black people. Not my ancestors, me personally. I went to Chicago public schools when I was a kid. We all had the same books. The same teacher. We all looked at the same chalkboard. When I graduated high school no one had to dumb down the civil service exam for me so I could pass it. No one had to give me preferential treatment for higher education. I worked damn hard for my success and I am proud of it. I never held you back. You did that to yourself. I watched you do it. I learned that from you.

Now you are an adult, sort of, and everything is everyone else's fault. You sit there crying about how there are no jobs in your neighborhood. Could that be due to the way you treated them when they were there? No. Of course not. That would mean you have to take some responsibility. Nope. Its my fault. There are no jobs in your neighborhood. Boo freakin hoo. I started working when I was 14 years old. Not once did I have a job in my own neighborhood. At one time I had to drive more than an hour, one way into another state, because that is where my job was. And you have the nerve to sit there demanding someone bring you a job? Have you ever heard of rush hour traffic? Do you know what rush hour traffic is? Its millions of people who do not have jobs in their neighborhoods. The difference between them and you? They have enough self respect to drag their tired butts out of bed early in the morning, drive to where the jobs are, and make something of themselves. You don't. I learned that from you.

Hey losers, have you ever considered the reason you get pulled over for driving while black is because every single day some of you are yelling that you never get hired, you don't get paid as much as white people, you are the first to get fired, you don't have the same educational opportunities, etc etc. Then some cop sees a young black man driving a $90,000 Mercedes. Of course you are going to get pulled over. A whole bunch of black people were just on tv saying there is no way in hell you can legally afford that car. So which is it? Can black people afford cars like that? If you say yes that means means you should stfu about not having opportunities. If you say no, you should stfu about getting pulled over.

Either way - stfu.

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I just said in another thread, never underestimate us older folk.

Not only did we live through more crap than you can imagine, we survived it.

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Just... Bravo for the OP!

I was just thinking the same thing today.

As an Independent that normally votes Democrat in Presidential elections, voted for Obama the first time and didn't vote at all in the Trump/Hillary fiasco because it was just such a cluster phuck...

I have lost family members because I didn't think like I was supposed to the last 4 years.

I have lost friends because I didn't think like I was supposed to the last 4 years.

I HAVE gotten a LOT more political because of my experiences with the New Woke.

What I have learned though in my personal experience...

The people that voted for Trump the first time are more pissed off then when they voted for him the first time to give a big middle finger at the candidates that the Republican party gave them to choose from.

They will be giving a bigger middle finger to the DNC this year.

The Independents have just been thrown under the bus by the DNC and the Harris/Biden ticket...

They will give a big middle finger to the Democrats this time.

And to top it off, ACTUAL liberals are no longer good enough for Democrats anymore.

So they too will be giving a big middle finger to the Democratic party this time.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how they could have possibly screwed up the last 4 years any worse then they have, politically.

But here we are.

Let's see where the late no signature no ID no postmark mail-in ballots take us...

After all, Harris/Biden has now over 1,000 lawyers in states to make sure that things go right.

As for me, my wife, my cat and a few deer...

We're all voting for Trump.

edit on 24-9-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I'm more a chaotic neutral.

My favorite D&D algnment...no rules...lol

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I think a lot of America feels like the OP, I know I do.

I’m so done with the left and their manufactured lies, hate and hypocrisy. Also sick of being labeled as a racist, cultist, nazi, white privileged, white supremacist, Trumpster, deplorable, etc..........all because I’m white, love my country, support the prez and the constitution. For that, I’m hated in my own country.

I no longer want to hear anything the left has to say. I tried to stay open minded but I’m done with them, same with the lefty trolls on this site that keep spewing the same hateful and demeaning drivel over and over and they all sound exactly the same, blah blah....orange man bad...Blah.....you suck because you don’t think exactly like me.....blah blah...

Current democrats have done more to divide and set this country back in time than any party has before in the history of this country. Just my two cents anyways.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
'I never cared that you were gay, I just supported laws making it a felony for you to have sex with the partner of your choices, preventing you from marrying who you love, stopping you from adopting children, and saying it was okay to fire you for being gay. ESPECIALLY if you're in the military, where I wanted firing you to be a requirement.'

'I never cared what color you were, I just made excuses for discrimination against you in hiring and law enforcement and fetishized a movement that fought and lost a war to keep you from being treated as human beings with actual rights.'

'I never cared about your political affiliation as long as you shut up about it and let mine have total control of the government.'

'I never cared about your beliefs as long as you let me use the government to impose mine.'

'And when I say all my patience and tolerance are gone, I mean I never had any in the first place.'

Or the TL;DR version "I never cared about you"

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I never mourned for humanity till you brought me these words
that brought tears to my eyes.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

That's exactly how I feel. Everything was fine until I was forced to believe in what they believed in. That's where the problems started in this country.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

That's exactly how I feel. Everything was fine until I was forced to believe in what they believed in. That's where the problems started in this country.

Mhmm... and how exactly were you 'forced' to do this?

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

Need a complaint box?

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

By having it shoved in my face from the media to the tv to sports. Don't pretend to be ignorant.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

In other words by being bombarded with lies to make you think
what you believed that actually was right was wrong. By
having it pounded into your skull that black was really white.
So to speak.

That Heaven was really hell.

edit on 25-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Your quote in the OP sums up my current take perfectly.

Now I care. But I’m not mad, angry, feeling violent, etc.

I’m simply motivated to beat them at their own game, call out their BS, say things that are “controversial”, make fun of their safe spaces and generally hope to blow as many of their minds as possible. Triggering libtards is now one of my absolute favorite things to do. It’s great. I encourage all of y’all to try it.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
OP - that summary is a great descriptor for what many are feeling right now. Great find and thank you for sharing that.

Myself? # em

If I'm happy with myself and my life, seeing someone trying to change that opinion based on how their life is going differently only reinforces my decisions up until this point

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join