It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can president Trump order an executive order or something like this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm looking at at a different angle from someone outside the country so it might be a little strange question to be asking.
But does President Trump have the power to execute an executive order for fraud during the elections such as..
Prison terms for those caught committing fraud.

I really think it would be a good idea if it's legal to do.
make it punishable to where those thinking about committing voter fraud would think twice about doing it.

So ATS members what do you guys think on this ?

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No! Instant lawsuit in the federal court with a federal judge issuing a restraining order to prevent the executive from executing it.
edit on 24-9-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I believe Executive Orders are things that the president can do/change that are regulations under the direct authority of the Administrative branch of the US government.

Anything out of that range and Trump cannot change. It would be authoritarian, no matter how well meaning.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I'm looking at at a different angle from someone outside the country so it might be a little strange question to be asking.
But does President Trump have the power to execute an executive order for fraud during the elections such as..

make it punishable to where those thinking about committing voter fraud would think twice about doing it.

Did you know that was already law ?

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

No! Instant lawsuit in the federal court with a federal judge issuing a restraining order to prevent the executive from executing it.

Only the Supreme Court can hear that one.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The Department of Justice could launch an investigation the FBI would step in and investigate , possibly some Senate over sight committees etc etc etc .

But as for an Presidential executive order acting as some sort of law enforcement the answer is no.

I'll put it to you like this , Hilary Clinton has blatantly broken the law on more than one occasion and that woman will never do a day in prison. Nancy Pelosi could admit to voter fraud on live television and have no fear of legal repercussions .

High level Politicians do not go to jail , they resign.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

3 things.

It’s already a crime.

They got Capone on mail fraud.

All voter fraud will involve mail.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

3 things.

It’s already a crime.

Eh! ?
edit on 24-9-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

3 things.

It’s already a crime.

All voter fraud will involve mail.

They got Capone on tax evasion.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

There are enough laws on the books that just about everyone breaks the law nearly every day. Its only a matter of how evidence is collected to make a case and if someone cares to make it their priority. To answer your main question, the president can put whatever he wants into an EO.
edit on 24-9-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
They need to put people in prison if they alter votes in an election. I can be see a vote or two being miscounted in a thousand people as being normal, but more than five out of a thousand is something that needs looking at. Where we vote, there is not much chance of fraud except votes could be lost from the abscentee ballots. I do not know how mail fraud could be done here locally, lots of people vote and there is no possible way to determine how they will vote unless someone had a list of how each people voted....Democrat or Republican....in the primaries. I voted Democrat in the primaries because I know some Democrats I wanted to get into the position, they are conservative people. I will vote all Republican for the major spots, but I will be voting for some Democrats on the local elections. The wife did the same thing...although she may not vote for a republican Senator, we both know the Democrat who is running for office. I have known some major politicians in my life from this area, most of them conservative Democrats.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The President has no direct authority to bring criminal charges against anyone. The Attorney General and U.S. Attorneys in general do, according to US law and DOJ guidelines. Any US gov't official, including the POTUS, can refer a matter to the DOJ for investigation if they suspect a crime has been committed, but that's where it ends--if the system is working correctly. At that point, the DOJ has the discretion to pursue or decline to pursue criminal proceedings, based on predetermined evidence guidelines. This is in order to prevent Presidents who want to be tin horn dictators from locking up their political rivals. So far, it's worked pretty well.

Voting fraud is already a crime. It's also remarkably rare. Trump's own commission on voter fraud reached that conclusion.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

The President has no direct authority to bring criminal charges against anyone. The Attorney General and U.S. Attorneys in general do, according to US law and DOJ guidelines. Any US gov't official, including the POTUS, can refer a matter to the DOJ for investigation if they suspect a crime has been committed, but that's where it ends--if the system is working correctly. At that point, the DOJ has the discretion to pursue or decline to pursue criminal proceedings, based on predetermined evidence guidelines. This is in order to prevent Presidents who want to be tin horn dictators from locking up their political rivals. So far, it's worked pretty well.

Voting fraud is already a crime. It's also remarkably rare. Trump's own commission on voter fraud reached that conclusion.

Yes it's incredibly rare but it's also on the the rise especially locally where 500-1000 ballots can change a race. Not to mention the divisiveness and anger I'd imagine a lot more people might be motivated to alter, destroy or lose ballots. Losing the integrity of our free and open elections is the number one goal of our enemies, they don't care who wins just as long as there is doubt in the process. Honestly we should have seen this coming since 2000 and the dangling chad. There has got to be a better more secure way.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Like with guns we have these things called laws... We got all the laws needed on the books...Now if Biden wins I guess those laws don't count anymore...lol

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Biden wrote the laws on the books that spiked the incarceration rate. Omnibud crime act of 1994. He is the last person we need at the top.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Tax evasion, not mail fraud.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Simply put, no, the President cannot declare something a crime. The Congress makes the laws; the Executive Branch (under the President) enforces laws. Executive Orders are little more than memos in a company from the CEO; they can change Executive policy, but are not laws. The CEO of Walmart cannot tell me I have to wear a mask; I am not a Walmart employee. He can tell employees to wear masks, or he can tell shoppers to either wear masks or go somewhere else... but then again, if wearing a mask is exaggerating a medical condition, the law says they are not required to wear a mask and the CEO cannot violate that law.

That said, voter fraud is already a crime. No Executive Order is needed for that.

Trump can direct the DoJ (since it is an executive branch) to concentrate on investigating voter fraud (and I believe he has done so already), which would put a spotlight on it. In doing so, he is simply asking the DoJ to look closer at violations of Federal laws that already exist; he is really changing nothing. It's no different than the CEO of a company seeing a problem in one department and giving it extra attention... all the departments still exist, all are still doing their job, but one is being given a little extra scrutiny.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Biden wrote the laws on the books that spiked the incarceration rate. Omnibud crime act of 1994. He is the last person we need at the top.

And Trump recently removed that horrible thing, ya the thing, you know thing, that Biden authored back in 1990s.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A person, including an election official, who in any election for Federal office—
(1) knowingly and willfully intimidates, threatens, or coerces, or attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any person for—
(A) registering to vote, or voting, or attempting to register or vote;
(B) urging or aiding any person to register to vote, to vote, or to attempt to register or vote; or
(C) exercising any right under this chapter; or
(2) knowingly and willfully deprives, defrauds, or attempts to deprive or defraud the residents of a State of a fair and impartially conducted election process, by—
(A) the procurement or submission of voter registration applications that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held; or
(B) the procurement, casting, or tabulation of ballots that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held,
shall be fined in accordance with title 18 (which fines shall be paid into the general fund of the Treasury, miscellaneous receipts (pursuant to section 3302 of title 31), notwithstanding any other law), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.
(Pub. L. 103–31, § 12, May 20, 1993, 107 Stat. 88.)

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Need an E.O. that forces Biden to show up for the Tuesday debate. Pelosi is still BEGGING Biden to stay away.

nypost.com...

top topics

join