It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook leaks show Mark Zuckerberg defending his decisions to angry employees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Doesn't mean people need to make literally everything political. FB had a mass exodus of the younger generations because of all the angry old people posting and sharing racist and over the top blatant disinformation click bait.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I've gotta hand it to Zuck for not backing down on that issue.

Markie has a team of advisors who've been steering him since he had to "testify" before the ultra tech-savvy members of congress.

Tim Dillon on facebook:
(This is worth 14 minutes of your time)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What do they expect to happen when they run a social media platform that is used world wide while controlled and administrated by people living in a few American zip codes?

Is silicone valley that dillusional to think that their ideals and opinions are shared by the other 7 billion people living on this planet? .... unfortunately they do.

Zuckerberg is being a good business man; at some point your customers and consumer base are going have to win out over the desires of your employees.

My employees do not enjoy flipping burgers, it's greasy work; so its better that everyone just eat tofu and its more healthy for them to ... said no mcdonalds executive ever.
edit on 24-9-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I get that, and that's usually the case. What I've seen though is that something will be grayed out and labelled as grotesque, violent, or sexual in nature when it's actually not.

So, I'm not sure if it's just people being trolls and reporting as such and Facebook employees being lazy or what.

I'm not saying that it's useless. It just seems off sometimes.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't think Mr. Zuckerberg relishes the thought of appearing again before Congress, esp if the Republicans hold the Senate, and giving account of his operations.

point made. moving on.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Sounds like a fake conversation was leaked.
Just my opinion.

My first thought too

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Is this a Mandella effect? At what point did Zuckerberg start backing off of censorship?; I could have sworn at some point he was A-OK with censorship. Was it after he had to show up and testify in front of the Congress?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like at some point he had an eye opening moment and changed the direction of his company. Maybe it had something to do with some of his employees stating that they didn't feel comfortable talking about their conservative political opinions.

Nah. Pretty sure it’s just a way for him to make more money. Just think of that bizarre robot head he was at those hearings.

OP got to the real meat of the story, which is that people have developed a belief that it is ok to censor anything with which they don’t agree. It’s horrendous.

I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt that Suckerberg (thanks for that one, MykelN) has a single scruple. He must have recently lost a few points in his shares or something and realized he needed to look like he’s had a change of heart regarding his blatant censoring of anything slightly conservative flavored.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I started and mod a large, closed, conservative-leaning Facebook group. I get automated post removals multiple times a day due to violation of some rule or other. Some are valid and some are ridiculous. I have about 50 members who can’t post until a mod approves it (per facebook). Granted, too many of the members post some fake news posts that they should research more, too often. But we definitely aren’t far or alt-right and we make sure of that with strong, 24-hour-covered moderation. Even for the “fake” or disproven posts, I or my mods try to catch it but can’t always before FB sends the automated message telling us they deleted it. Sometimes it’s minutes. Yesterday, I received a “yellow banner” on the backend which means come October when the new terms go into effect, the group has a chance of being deleted due to “political bias.” Maybe the mods or owners of groups and pages you’re in just aren’t telling you what they’re getting daily (I don’t announce it to my group) but I bet it’s happening.

aa reply to: AutomateThis1

edit on 24-9-2020 by nicevillegrl because: Sp

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: strongfp

People care because we live in a Society where Social Media is an acceptable part of our lives.

Maybe not you or I personally, but for a lot of people I know, to include family like my own Wife, yeah, Social Media is massive and people like to gloat and show off.

Well you add to that, that this is how A HUGE swath of people get their news and information anymore, as stupid and ridiculous that might sound its true. So for them to have such bias is very much a concern.

Operating as a publisher when they are a platform is beyond the pale.

I know for myself I havent watched any news channels in over 8 years, Ill see something on social media and then go do my own research, or Ill see something on one of the news websites I follow and go check on it.......and its validity.

But for millions and millions, their news and info is SOULY what they see on social media......and they dont even TRY to fact check.....thats why this is all disturbing

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It may be less a Facebook thing in general and more who you have as friends on Facebook. It more than likely is somebody who has something against you and is reporting you and your posts simply to spite you.

...No.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Who cares... FB is full of boomers and Gen Xers yelling at each other with fake accounts trolling people to go over the edge.

It indicates a massive divide that has developed in our society, between those who believe in people’s ability to think and believe what they see fit and those who believe people should only be able to think or believe if it matches with their thoughts and beliefs and doesn’t offend them.

That matters, dude. Gen Xer here. Society allowed people to think for themselves when we were coming up.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

To KansasGirl. For sure I can see that.

To Nicevillegrl. Oh, I'm I'm sure. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is a media stunt by Zuckerberg to gain trust undeservedly.
If he makes the decisions then he was lying his ass off about not wanting to censor.
Most channels I once subscribed to are gone.
Zuckerberg and Gates are man-weasels, a new breed of obnoxiously wealthy control freaks who like the idea of engineering humanity as a whole. Dangerous people.
edit on 24-9-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have seen first hand their "fack checkers" posting that something was false, and the reason they gave for it was way OT. Like what they said was false, wasn't anywhere in the article, or even part of the topic at all lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join