It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Disinfectants May Be Extremely Hazardous to Health

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Trying to be super clean is not maybe so healthy . Disinfectants make skin dry also . Now every store have tons of disinfectants bottles in the shelfs...pick your poison...

Health officials' 'List N' includes disinfectants approved for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that reportedly causes COVID-19, but that doesn't mean they've been approved as safe for humans. Now experts are worried we'll be facing a new epidemic of health problems linked to these toxic chemical exposures

List N' Disinfectants May Not Be Proven Safe for Humans In response to COVID-19, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released "List N," which is a list of about 400 disinfectants[ii] that meet the EPA's criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2.[iii]

To meet the criteria, the disinfectants must demonstrate effectiveness against a harder-to-kill virus or demonstrate efficacy against a human coronavirus similar to SARS-CoV-2. "[T]his doesn't mean that they have been approved because they're considered safe with regard to human health," exposure scientist Lesliam Quirós-Alcalá, an assistant professor at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told Bloomberg.[iv] While studies on many of the chemicals are limited, some have been linked to asthma and other respiratory conditions, reproductive effects and neurological and dermatological problems.[v]

Exposure to disinfectants and cleaning products has long been linked to health risks. Among nurses, for instance, exposure to cleaning chemicals at work was associated with a 25% to 38% increased risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).[vi] This included disinfectants with the active ingredients glutaraldehyde and quaternary ammonium compounds, variants of which are included on the EPA's List N.

[...]

Coronavirus Disinfectants May Be Extremely Hazardous to Health

Disinfectants , face mask, social distancing...nothing good comes from this plandemic .

edit on Thu Sep 24 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

(post by twigbaby removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Well, call me shocked, who woulda guessed regularly putting chemical solvents and disinfectants, the purpose of which is to kill living cells, regularly on one's skin may cause health problems. I'm just completely and totally surprised by this shocking revelation.

You should see what cavicide, the disinfectant actually used in hospitals and doctor's offices does to your skin. My girlfriend got a drop of it on her hand once while she was cleaning up a room after a patient, it burned a hole in her hand and left a scar.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is why we have never used antibacterials in our home, why I refuse to let anyone put that nasty s##t on my hands, and never ever use any of this garbage. When they try to poison me as I enter a store or something, I just tell them that the alcohol burns my skin and I can't use it.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
yes we should only use regular soap not anti bacterial becuase it does not kill all and the ones not killed reproduce and eventually you have these ones that are super resistant.......also we are supposed to have a certain amount of germs in our gut good and bad ones there is suypposed to be a balance...they even found that if they take gut flora from a healthy person and put it in the gut of someone who is very lacking in flora ...it flourishes and that person has a much healthier gut and the persons health is better

originally posted by: incoserv
This is why we have never used antibacterials in our home, why I refuse to let anyone put that nasty s##t on my hands, and never ever use any of this garbage. When they try to poison me as I enter a store or something, I just tell them that the alcohol burns my skin and I can't use it.

edit on 24-9-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A good way to get warts on your hand is to OCD that sanitizer crap all day.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Poop transplants. I laughed at it until I got a severe infection. I almost lost my leg. They gave me massive doses of anti-biotics and that killed off all of the gut bacteria. It took months to recover from that. That was 12 years ago and there are still things that I can't eat because of that.

I love the commercials. "Kills 99.9% of all germs." Well that 00.1% that survive are the real strong and mean germs and then they multiply.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can't say much that hasn't been said already on this thread. Those chemicals can be dangerous if used a lot in your environment. We can often repair damage caused by occasionally coming in contact with them, but using them regularly is not good at all. Even if something is organic it does not mean it is safe to use regularly.

I like to see threads that inform people of stuff like this.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yes you are right about flora, only that it should be close relative as a donor.

Main reason to super resistant bacteria is due antibiotics, if you are prescribed to take antibiotics for two weeks you should follow that completely, not stopping before that if you do, you enable birth of superresistant bacteria. Problem is those countries who have antibiotics without presciption in their stores, pharmacies etc. people tend to take few till they feel better and stop.

Soap regular is good for covid its a virus with fatty layer, disinfectant with alcohol destroy the fatty layer too. But to superresistant bacteria like MRSA, ESBL and others soap is not enough those needs alcohol to be destroyed, soap do kill a little but only 30%.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Thats why you need to use nitrile gloves when cleaning. Most of those disinfectants ( not hand sanitizer which basicly contains alcohol and glyserine) causes cancer.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Ethanol is carcinogenic.

The first and foremost concerns of topical ethanol applications for public health are its carcinogenic effects, as there is unambiguous evidence for the carcinogenicity of ethanol.

In addition, topically applied ethanol acts as a skin penetration enhancer and may facilitate the transdermal absorption of xenobiotics (e.g. carcinogenic contaminants in cosmetic formulations). Ethanol use is associated with skin irritation or contact dermatitis, especially in humans with an aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH) deficiency.

After regular application of ethanol on the skin (e.g. in the form of hand disinfectants) relatively low but measurable blood concentrations of ethanol and its metabolite acetaldehyde may occur,

As there might be industry bias in many studies about the safety of topical ethanol applications, as well as a general lack of scientific research on the long-term effects, there is a requirement for independent studies on this topic. The research focus should be set on the chronic toxic effects of ethanol and acetaldehyde at the point of impact, with special regard to children and individuals with genetic deficiencies in ethanol metabolism.

I'm not sure why people think ethanol is safe. It's toxic, it abosrbs through skin, it damages your liver and kidneys.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Same does drinking alcohol and eating. Drugs do that too, drugs metabolize either in kidneys or liver until they doesn´t.
When you take a pill you do not think what it does to your system in a long run.
I use handsanitizers in workday all the time, when i get to work i wash my hands and use handsanitizer after, also i use handsanitizer always before i see a patient and when i leave a patient.. this goes on and on and wash my hands regular basis. I have not faced any symptoms of handsanitizer nor have others... and years go by.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Ok I mean, if people wanna douse their hands with alcohol, i'm not here to stop them. If you.have complaints about the results of.the study, maybe discuss them with the scientists that wrote it 12 years ago.

Myself, I don't work in a medical environment and i'm not too concerned about the bacteria I come into contact with regularly, because if you read the label on your ethanol bottle, you may notice it mentions it's good for preventing bacterial infections, which is not what this current pandemic is...
edit on 24/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Ok I mean, if people wanna douse their hands with alcohol, i'm not here to stop them. If you.have complaints about the results of.the study, maybe discuss them with the scientists that wrote it 12 years ago.

Myself, I don't work in a medical environment and i'm not too concerned about the bacteria I come into contact with regularly, because if you read the label on your ethanol bottle, you may notice it mentions it's good for preventing bacterial infections, which is not what this current pandemic is...

All well and good, but bacterial infections are also a 'feature' noted with at least this virus.

As for hand sprays, personally, I used the spray at 70% and found hacking of the fingers quite pronounced and a sore nuisance, so I just lessened the amount used, and it cleared up fairly quickly, however I mislaid my personal container, and used the provided supermart version/s just a couple of times, and as of now, the hacks are back along with the rough skin across the hand.
So, I think people should look a what is actually being given out by businesses, which seem to have a noticeable gel included.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Contagion Myth & Unconventional Ways To Treat Viruses

Patrick Bet-David sits down with MD Thomas Cowan to talk about the myth of contagion and how to treat viruses and sickness.

This is an interesting interview that covers a slightly different perspective about viruses, toxins and getting sick. Basically viruses help us clean up toxins in the body that other cells cannot process. When we stop a viral infection by targeting the virus, we fail to clean up the toxins that enabled that virus to grow in the first place.

Getting sick is a natural detox process, our bodies do better when infections do run their course. When we take antibiotics, it is similar to taking out all the firemen that are treating a fire. It does stop the impact of having all these pathogens in our bodies. It does not stop the toxins that cause this fire in the first place.

Thomas Cowan does reference a few studies that helped in his views. One interesting one was how kids that naturally got the measles and mumps do much better in the latter stages of life than those who did not get these infections.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Ouch! Cavicide....brave new World where disinfectants burn holes to hands . And what about childdren, if they think this is the new normal, that we should use those disinfectants every now and then to keep people safe.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Never thought it that way, yes i think you are right....the balance get screwed and only the evil masonic bugs stay and then multiply.....a receipt for something masonic infection

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I can imagine that happen...

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Fairy dishwashing liquid is good at removing all fat , so can be use to wash hands , it wont destroy skin either

top topics

<<   2 >>

join