It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any of you all hearing "stay safe" as like a normal good bye now?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What I say depends on the situation.

I might say drive safe, take care, see ya, stay healthy, stay safe, etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I know this is incredibly trivial, and borderline if not petty on my part... But is anyone else hearing an odd amount of "stay safe"

I don't know why, but I personally hate it. Small talk has always been a pet peeve of mine, and while I'm sure it comes from a place of mostly well intentions from people who say it... It just feels weird to me, and it's hard for me to respond to.

Like, how do I stay safe? When you are telling me to stay safe, does that mean you think I'm about to do something unsafe? Or when you say it, does that mean you just cast magic upon me to keep me safe?

Anyways, have you all been hearing this? And if you don't think it's a big deal or find it sweet, feel free to roast me.

Typically people express their concern for the persons well-being in certain situations. Like for example in a totally made up scenario:

During the start of riots in their home-state, I wished someone living there to stay safe. By doing that, I expressed my wish, just like I would say to someone "arrive home safe and sound", that this person is safe.

It neither implies that the person I wish this on is incompetent, nor that I think this person would engage in dangerous activities soon. It's just that, an expression for well-being and a way to heighten their awareness in sudden changing times.

Some may use it casually, but for some the true meaning isn't lost.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
They say wash your hands, I say wash yo crotch mfers.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

If they do it with their hands, both are clean. That's the power of synergy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join