It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any of you all hearing "stay safe" as like a normal good bye now?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I know more people who died from direct and indirect reactions do meds than anything else

Well yeah, you know that fine print on the bottom of the drug ads or the end of those drug commercials where the dude talks really fast and mumbles so you can't understand?

That's the part where they're telling you about those side effects such as 'risk of suicidal thoughts ', 'risk of kidney or liver failure', 'risk of heart failure', 'risk of sudden death' and where they slip in

'Note newfanciquolinedexometherine was found to be effective in 15% of cases where it was used over a placebo. Side effects were found to occur in 50% of patients please consult your doctor before taking newfanciquolinedexometherine to see if it's right for you.'

Also...we sent a sales Rep to suck your doctor's dick so he sells our drugs....

(Just kidding, they leave that part out of the ad entirely)
edit on 23/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's a code word for "control"

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

It's a code word for "control"

Happiness is mandatory, Citizen.

This is your future.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Yes.
It has become my standard blessing.

It requires less syllables than
"mind your surroundings"

Stay Safe
S&F
edit on 24-9-2020 by Wildmanimal because: S&F add goodie

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Even less syllables

Ciao F""" O"""

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

We've said that for as long as I can remember in London, along with 'keep safe' and 'mind how you go'.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: E1Hammer

We've said that for as long as I can remember in London, along with 'keep safe' and 'mind how you go'.

Sounds like warnings.
Not cool.
(Note to self : never go back to London)
edit on 9/24/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Let's add a bt of historical context.
"Goodbye" is short for "God be with you".
The Latin equivalent, VALE, means "Be well".
As, indeed, does "Farewell".
My mother used to send me to school with "Take care", until I mentioned that I found the inevitability irritating.

We might find that parting messages have always contained some form of wish (rather than instruction) that the other person should be safe and unharmed until the next meeting, and that this partcular version of it is just a matter of current fasshion.

Talking of which, I am struck recently by the fact that if you thank anyone for a service provided, like bringing a cup of coffee, they reply "No problem." As if doing the job they're paid for might have been a problem if they had been less kind.

edit on 24-9-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
My GF and I say "Be careful" to each other every time one of us has to drive somewhere. The reason being, on my part at least, is the very real danger of a deer/car collision around here. Not to even mention flocks of turkeys or the occasional black bear crossing the road and the local drunks on a beer run.

"Stay safe", I haven't heard that too much, if at all really. Then again I tend to ignore such comments as a mostly meaningless convention used during a converation. "Love ya" at the conclusion of a phone conversation is pretty common with a lot of people, esp. my GF, but I rarely use that one unless I really mean it during a conversation with family.

I'll be listening for the "stay safe" comment from here on out and see if hear it being used a lot.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Yes. I find it moronic. Just like the other "phrases" they keep shoving down our throats like
"we're all in this together".

I don't even respond to people that say either.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Lysergic

Bruh.... Did you just post a 9gag image in my thread?

Not cool.

Just kidding, Im just jealous of where that dude is in life with a collection like that.

That's Matt Best. Former Army Ranger, CEO of Article 15 clothing and co-owner/partner at Black Rifle Coffee. He is also a prolific YouTuber:

Stay safe.

edit on 9 24 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You definitely explained it in the most sensible way I've seen.

Talking of which, I am struck recently by the fact that if you thank anyone for a service provided, like bringing a cup of coffee, they reply "No problem." As if doing the job they're paid for might have been a problem if they had been less kind.

If someone thanks me at work, I usually say anytime or that's what I'm here for. Though I don't see an issue with no problem. If you didn't like no problem, no sense in thanking them in the first place

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Those guys are awesome, love their coffee.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I like to extend my arm and have hand palm down while I scream “SS Forever”

Stay Safe Forever
edit on 9/24/2020 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Yes.

All the time now.
I work with customers all day and it was never the goodbye till now.

Everyone says it now.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

now that is where you find sane people.

I disagree.
I for one am not sane.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Didn't make the connection. I hear Rogan constantly speaking highly of him. Can't remember if I heard a podcast with him, it's hard to keep up with them all... Either way, that's a BA loadout.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: E1Hammer

It's new here and I hear it constantly. Just a little odd to me. I realize it's not too much different than other goodbye well wishing... Just been bugging me a bit because I'm unreasonable lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

now that is where you find sane people.

I disagree.
I for one am not sane.

I don't know one person who is sane about everything, we all have our quirks. I know, some would say speak for yourself. Being completely sane would be boring, and on top of that....who actually is sane enough to judge whether anyone else is sane?
edit on 24-9-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

hahaha, how often do you say that to a friend just leaving....????

Never.

I say "drive fast, take chances"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join