It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is BLM a Ploy to Increase Police Violence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've been trying to lay off the news reading in the last week or so as it got too depressing - literally everything is negative.

With my batteries recharged to reengage, I popped up Fox News as I began my rotation through my typical news outlets.

When I got there, there was not one, but two articles talking about shootings of minority suspects on the front page..

"Live Updates: Protests erupt in Louisville after Breonna Taylor grand jury decision" is the title of the article... but the headline on the main page reads ""OFFICERS DOWN LIVE UPDATES: Cops shot as protests erupt in Louisville, curfew is enforced after Taylor decision"
www.foxnews.com...

Then another one.... "Atlanta officer shoots, kills man who approached with a gun, police say"
www.foxnews.com...

The first shooting surrounds the Taylor situation, the second is unrelated to Taylor.

So, despite the data that says that cops, nationally, don't shoot black people en mass and the fact that most of the subsequent violence is tied to "protests" by the BLM folks... it got me thinking...

Is BLM really just an organization designed to justify the violence we're seeing from the black community to give them a free pass at anarchy and force the police to become more "violent"?

It makes sense. Go after "the police" so that way you're not outright saying "go after white people", do a bunch of thugged out BS and destroy property and kill people, riot, force the police to use more force to maintain order and then use that police force as an excuse for more violence that's "justified" because the police are oppressing black people trying to maintain order due to BLM violence.

Which is exactly what has happened, to this point.

Now my lingering questions is... what's the realistic/rationale end game of the BLM "movement" and actions? Is there one? What say you?

edit on 23-9-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

*Shrugs

I dunno, but when a group of people that have a political ideology and state they “Want to burn it all down”, I tend to listen

edit on 23-9-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

*Shrugs

I dunno, but when a group of people that have a political ideology and state they “Want to burn it all down”, I tend to listen

Fair... my only issue is that "burn it all down" doesn't actually mean a thing. Nothing. It's a platitude to incite people who aren't intelligent to violence - not much else.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
More like marxists using saul alinksy tactics.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
BLM is a false flag of misplaced vengeance and notr a shred of help to Black people at all, even in the slightest. All the brainwashed guilty donations to it go to democrats who have never helped a single black family at all. They are laundering the money to their campaigns claiming all kinds of things but not actually helping anyone except themselves.

No black person was ever helped by BLM. In fact it has only hurt them, got them arrested, charged with crimes, while white democrats laugh behind the scenes and take the donation money to the bank. who are the real racists? White and black democrats and Main stream media leftists are the true enemies. *But only to themselves in the end.
edit on 23-9-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
BLM is a false flag of misplaced vengeance and notr a shred of help to Black people at all, even in the slightest. All the brainwashed guilty donations to it go to democrats who have never helped a single black family at all. They are laundering the money to their campaigns claiming all kinds of things but not actually helping anyone except themselves.

No black person was ever helped by BLM. In fact it has only hurt them, got them arrested, charged with crimes, while white democrats laugh behind the scenes and take the donation money to the bank. who are the real racists? White and black democrats and Main stream media leftists are the true enemies. *But only to themselves in the end.

I think that's entirely possible.

So in essence you're saying it's another source of DNC campaign financing

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Good to see you back mate.

Is BLM really just an organization designed to justify the violence we're seeing from the black community to give them a free pass at anarchy and force the police to become more "violent"?

This certainly seems to be the case.

When you eliminate all other possibilities , what ever remains must be the truth .

And we have been going around and around with BLM/Antifa listening to them , watching them , communicating with them and when it boils down to it . It does seem that they are basically saying that anytime an African American is shot by the police it is absolutely unacceptable no matter the sitiuation .

They are not ignoring facts or trying to change anything , they are simply saying it does not matter.

Nothing good is going to come of this new attitude by the African American community it will only drag them deeper into the darkness.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
BLM are sheep being led by a blind narrative. They are so ingrained to believe that they are oppressed, downtrodden and discriminated against simply because of their skin color that FACTS don't matter.
The media is helping perpetuate this narrative knowing full well how this culture will react.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
BLM is a movement to make people actually hate black people. It makes me hate the beta white people more.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well, this happened in Louisville tonight, not sure if its related though. Still checking

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - Two LMPD officers were shot Wednesday night in downtown Louisville.

Few details were immediately available, but LMPD confirmed the shooting happened at Brook Street and Broadway at about 8:30 p.m.

“Both officers are currently undergoing treatment at University Hospital,” LMPD Interim Chief Rob Schroeder said at a news conference at about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday. “One is alert and stable. One is undergoing surgery and is stable.”

Schroeder, who said he wasn’t releasing the names of the officers, added that “one person is in custody,” but that person’s identity was not released.

www.wkyt.com... reet-and-broadway-in-louisville/

It’s not clear if the shooting was related to any protests. City streets were packed with demonstrators Wednesday following the grand jury’s decision not to charge any of the three LMPD officers directly for the death of Breonna Taylor.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It was totally related to the protests. I was watching it live and heard the shots

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
From what I have been told from some cops I know, a lot of cops are stressed all out in other areas. They do not make enough to put up with all the BS the chaotic protesters are throwing at them. Even some locals are slamming local police, the young are insulting some of them here. Most cops are decent people, they are just doing their job of keeping people safe.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Blm is a political group, that is demanding through violence and crime removing the belief in our Nation, they want to replace it with some kind of eutopic ideology. Quite fascinating and troubling. As far as instilling police violence sure I don't doubt it, the media is profiting and also propagandizing on their behalf. Which in a nutshell has to do with archaic politics. The fact of the matter is or reality itself you can't make everyone happy, portraying the United States government and the nation most people not from here wish to come, some evil star wars empire, is a disgrace. This is 2020 for ya makes ya wonder.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
a reply to: putnam6

It was totally related to the protests. I was watching it live and heard the shots

I had no doubt it was likely but hate to speculate, what a chitstorm

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
From what I have been told from some cops I know, a lot of cops are stressed all out in other areas. They do not make enough to put up with all the BS the chaotic protesters are throwing at them. Even some locals are slamming local police, the young are insulting some of them here. Most cops are decent people, they are just doing their job of keeping people safe.

I have no doubt this is true. I feel for them.

There's some not-so-great cops out there, but there's some not-so-great people in every field. Regardless, they have a really tough, nasty and dangerous job. They put themselves out there so the rest of us don't have to worry about the criminals, get put in jail for shooting someone in defense, etc. that's very important.

I've always had an interest in law enforcement and appreciate the role they play in our society. They are underpaid. Beyond that, if you want to bring in strong talent to a very important role in our society then offer compensation that a) forces existing officers to be above board and tow the line and b) draws in talent that the force loses to other more lucrative fields.

In any event, they deserve the thanks of society and not what's happening to them.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

BLM is a bunch of rich white people paying money to less rich white people who pretend to care because of 'innate white guilt' and a bunch of black people raised up hearing about how victimized they are to go out and 'stop all the injustices those black people face'.

Meanwhile, a lot of news agencies had news for months in a time where there'd otherwise be nothing, all that frustration and anger that otherwise would have been directed towards lockdown measures was redirected towards 'saving the black people from whitey' and they managed to pull three more months of lockdown over everyone's eyes without a hitch because everyone was too busy caring about racism.
edit on 23/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Good to see you back mate.

This certainly seems to be the case.

When you eliminate all other possibilities , what ever remains must be the truth .

And we have been going around and around with BLM/Antifa listening to them , watching them , communicating with them and when it boils down to it . It does seem that they are basically saying that anytime an African American is shot by the police it is absolutely unacceptable no matter the sitiuation .

They are not ignoring facts or trying to change anything , they are simply saying it does not matter.

Nothing good is going to come of this new attitude by the African American community it will only drag them deeper into the darkness.

Cheers, sir!

I completely agree with you that this only hurts their cause.

I’d argue that by me saying “their cause” as in “black people” for “they” - which frankly I wouldn’t really have thought of that way prior to the BLM activity - makes me certain that BLM is doing more harm than good for the black community in America.

A twisted way of thinking about this is that we might all be talking about the same “thing”, but from a lens that’s so different we couldn’t possibly see eye-to-eye.

What I mean by that is, I see the BLM actions as counter productive, hurting race relations and generally being criminal activity - which I fully support the police taking action/highly punitive action against in terms of criminal activity.

Perhaps the average black BLM supporter really only sees this as an opportunity to let out rage via violence. It’s not about equality, culture, changing how police interact with them, etc. it’s about hating white people and stirring to young black Americans to engage in violence so they feel like they are “doing something about the problem”. Which they have done - but also alienated the balance of America (and all other races - not just white, btw) in the process.

Damage done indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Well, this happened in Louisville tonight, not sure if its related though. Still checking

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - Two LMPD officers were shot Wednesday night in downtown Louisville.

Few details were immediately available, but LMPD confirmed the shooting happened at Brook Street and Broadway at about 8:30 p.m.

“Both officers are currently undergoing treatment at University Hospital,” LMPD Interim Chief Rob Schroeder said at a news conference at about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday. “One is alert and stable. One is undergoing surgery and is stable.”

Schroeder, who said he wasn’t releasing the names of the officers, added that “one person is in custody,” but that person’s identity was not released.

It’s not clear if the shooting was related to any protests. City streets were packed with demonstrators Wednesday following the grand jury’s decision not to charge any of the three LMPD officers directly for the death of Breonna Taylor.

I watched the first shooting happen in real-time on the protest streams last night. It was indeed related to the protests; without a doubt it was a protestor, or someone embedded within a group of protestors, who shot the officer.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

originally posted by: putnam6

I watched the first shooting happen in real-time on the protest streams last night. It was indeed related to the protests; without a doubt it was a protestor, or someone embedded within a group of protestors, who shot the officer.

What’s amazing to me is the media narrative for all of this is these people are peaceful protesters.

That’s BS.

All BLM is doing is fracturing race relations beyond repair. Someone inside the black community needs to take the wheel here and stop the violence.

If they don’t, this is going to boomerang on the black community hard. I don’t mean violence, btw. I mean in just about every financial, voting, etc. capacity they can think of.

It’s ironic that our “racist president” did more for the black communities prosperity than any single one of these BLM activists.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

What’s amazing to me is the media narrative for all of this is these people are peaceful protesters.

That’s BS.

All BLM is doing is fracturing race relations beyond repair. Someone inside the black community needs to take the wheel here and stop the violence.

If they don’t, this is going to boomerang on the black community hard. I don’t mean violence, btw. I mean in just about every financial, voting, etc. capacity they can think of.

It’s ironic that our “racist president” did more for the black communities prosperity than any single one of these BLM activists.

I totally agree about the "boomerang" effect you mention however I don't think it will apply in the scope that many folks believe.

What I mean is, I am good friends with quite a few blacks of varying ages, genders and societal-backgrounds and almost ALL of them do not buy into this BLM (read: Thug) culture. Like most Americans they've worked hard to get where they are and I think they see the writing on the wall that if this "movement" backfires, they don't want to be negatively affected by it so they distance themselves.

My predication? I see even MORE welfare-type programs being instituted to further keep certain segments of American culture reliant on the Government. I also predict greater division between culture, not color.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join