It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Jury Decision on Breonna Taylor Case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If there was not the George Floyd violence, I doubt if many people outside of Louisville would know about Brianna Taylor and the verdict rendered today.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
But question no knocks, or kicking in doors when people are sleeping..theoretically.

I don't agree with no knocks unless it is extreme situation... It seems they did knock, so we all know how cops knock...Bam bam bam POLICE!!! I can't think of why they would do anything different if they decided to knock and had a battering ram...lol

In any case the BF shot first and if they were inside already, why the hell did he shoot? I can see a reason maybe through the door but once they were inside they were surly screaming police GET DOWN! etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Maybe if he woke up hard, was confused, and thought the commotion was Breonna's ex?

I'm playing devil's advocate or trying to think about why he might have other than the easy out of black man, instant hostility.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It horrifies me that, in the United States of America, armed criminals can break down your door and kill your family with no repercussions. And if you dare try to defend yourself using your 2nd Amendment right, they'll press charges on YOU while the armed criminals get a slap on the wrist to the celebratory cheers of half the country.

What scares me further is the United States' nationalistic propaganda programs that have infested this country's education systems and wormed itself into so many day-to-day aspects of American life has been so overwhelmingly successful that people still proudly call this the greatest country in the world.

Freedom for me, not for thee

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Pretty sure the brown nosers won't be happy. Can you smell the world anymore? What did you want to happen?

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman
Thought you hated law enforcement? Why are you talking about gang bangers?

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: vonclod
But question no knocks, or kicking in doors when people are sleeping..theoretically.

I don't agree with no knocks unless it is extreme situation... It seems they did knock, so we all know how cops knock...Bam bam bam POLICE!!! I can't think of why they would do anything different if they decided to knock and had a battering ram...lol

In any case the BF shot first and if they were inside already, why the hell did he shoot? I can see a reason maybe through the door but once they were inside they were surly screaming police GET DOWN! etc.

He was possibly confused, said he thought it was the ex..who I think was the main target of this investigation.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: lostbook

You can almost bet there will be riots because the officer got off with a light sentence.

There’s no sentence yet, as he hasn’t even been to trial yet. Today’s announcement means that the Grand Jury (this happens before anything) votes to charge (indict) one of the officers.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

We've all been there. Get caught in the wrong point in your sleep cycle and it's hard to just wake up and be instantly alert.

Now, if Breona's ex was into the drug business, there is also no telling what her new boyfriend may or may not have been into as well. There may have been other factors in how hard he was sleeping, but if so, I haven't heard anything about them.

edit on 23-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We've all been there. Get caught in the wrong point in your sleep cycle and it's hard to just wake up and be instantly alert.

Now, if Breona's ex was into the drug business, there is also no telling what her new boyfriend may or may not have been into as well. There may have been other factors in how hard he was sleeping, but if so, I haven't heard anything about them.

All I now of her new beau, was he is licensed to carry, so not a felon..perhaps she was involved in some way with the ex's dealing, and moved on..just speculation. They seemed worried about him. Interestingly, the ex was offered a sweetheart deal, if he would only implicate Breonna, he refused..good for him..and this was "post" shooting, sounds like they were looking to legitimise the raid.

My housemate, sleeps like the dead, cops banging on the door wouldn't rouse him..lol

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think you need to start another thread for this topic. I'm gonna get some deleted posts for "thread drift".

To be on point.... If more people would sit back and watch MXC, there would be less rioting.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Maybe she did; maybe she didn't.

The reason the cops were there at all is because she apparently allowed her ex to use her address, and that's why the cops were there -- they didn't know where the boyfriend was for sure, and they were looking for evidence against him too.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
youtu.be...

This dude is great...

Cops doing good job so far, I think they arrested some antifa, plus I watched some locals try and keep agitators from starting trouble, I hope they don't destroy this little area, it seems like they don't have much.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

edit on 23-9-2020 by bigsnowman because: removed

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: putnam6

How about keep down the BS rhetoric there is plenty of that crap elsewhere. Lets discuss the case. I'm conservative and that seems light as hell, but could anything above that be proven in a court of law?

The cops knocked first and announced who they were and her boy friend fired first...

forgive me if this has been addressed, but:

do we know this for a fact? That the cops knocked first and announced themselves? Are we taking someone’s word for it, or is there bodycam footage of this?

edit on 23-9-2020 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Caught the bottom of Rush and the top of Hannity. Apparently there is a schism of pundit information as the two talking heads disagree on the facts.

No knock or not?
Wrong address or not?
Evidence supporting warrant and arrest or not?

Seems to depend on who you ask.

Side note, grand juries are compelled to a charge(s). To keep pretending that the charges or the process are anything but contrived and for show would be a gross error.

Kentucky AG (black fellow) said evidence shows that the police knocked, and the police announced themselves multiple times.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: JinMI
Caught the bottom of Rush and the top of Hannity. Apparently there is a schism of pundit information as the two talking heads disagree on the facts.

No knock or not?
Wrong address or not?
Evidence supporting warrant and arrest or not?

Seems to depend on who you ask.

Side note, grand juries are compelled to a charge(s). To keep pretending that the charges or the process are anything but contrived and for show would be a gross error.

Kentucky AG (black fellow) said evidence shows that the police knocked, and the police announced themselves multiple times.

Yeah, but they have a vested interest in that version of the story. Is there any video footage of it?

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

In the absence of video you have to trust somebody.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
MSNBC is lying again, saying that the officers got off the hook scot-free. It's a good thing not many people tune into that station.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If there was not the George Floyd violence, I doubt if many people outside of Louisville would know about Brianna Taylor and the verdict rendered today.

Who?

Oh yeah, never mind, I remember now. I think. The drug induced burglar that held a pregnant woman at gunpoint while his chums robbed her house, that guy, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join