It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another inexpensive supplement to fight Covid-19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Quercitin is a plant polyphenol which has a wide range of biological actions including anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory and antiviral activities.

source

You can buy it from supplement\health food stores or online.
There are physicians and nutritional experts that tout a cocktail of Quercetin, Vitamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D3 as being super-antivral.
For even more benefits, add garlic, turmeric, ginger, oregano oil, olive leaf extract, and\or green tea, all of which are proven anti-virals.
Taking ALL of them may be overdoing it though! I don't know.

More:

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
I was taking quercitin several times daily along with zinc.
Since I only personally know one person that has had covid and the members of his immediate family did not get it (back in late March.... before masks) I quit taking the quercitin.
I still take vitamin D and zinc.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

There was another thread that mentioned Quercitin and linked this page -

Quercitin - a treatment for Coronavirus?

Interesting stuff - ordered some immediately and have been taking it about a month

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have the mixture of quercetin and bromelain. It seems to help me to break down histamines and the accompanying inflammation when I take them. I like the bromelain straight better, I get my quercetin from eating quite a bit of onions. Too much of a good thing is no good either. Bromelain destroys the papain class proteinase that the Sars2 coV uses to get into cells. Quircetin just helps to stop the damage it creates, but does nothing to stop replication as far as I know.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I thought that may be what the zinc did.
I've read quercetin and zinc together are best.
edit on Wed Sep 23 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Clarity!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: rickymouse

I thought that may be what the zinc did.
I've read quercetin and zinc together are best.

Zinc enzymes do a lot of things in our bodies. It is also used in certain special molecular compounds to trigger some cellular functions. I don't think all those compounds are considered enzymes, some are just keys to trigger metabolic processes or bind to receptors, not really enzymes.

My multimineral tablet has a hundred percent zinc, and I also suck on the zinc lozengers if I start feeling I am coming down with something.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Have myself a little shot every day, of this blessed nectar of the Gods :
Balzac absinthe.

Mmmmmmm : wormwood....

Ahhhhhhhhh : dancing with the Green Fairy...

Soon to be outlawed, no doubt...

Nah : you all knew it was already being shot down, by those sweet humanitarians at the WHO.

Looking out for big-pharma's interests the little guy.

new topics

top topics

join