It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a real chance of post-election US civil war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Some people fear civil war in the US should the result of the upcoming presidential election be unclear. Is there a real chance of post-election US civil war? Nobody knows for sure, but I´m keen to hear what you guys believe.

-MM
edit on 23-9-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Hopefully not as I believe no one should be killed for voting one way or the other in todays day and age, none of the politicians deserve anyone spilling a single drop of blood for, IMO ALL politicians are complete morons who only look to serve themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I've been discussing this with friends and family. With zero trust on both sides in the legitimacy of the election process, i can't see a good result after the election. With lawyers already set up on both sides, this is 1860 repeated. I'm no prepper, but it's become a concern to me over the past few weeks.
edit on 23-9-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Read through the history of the disputed election of 1876, and how close that got to civil war.
I did a thread back in 2016; www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
No. People don't care enough to fight a civil war. Most wouldn't even know why they're fighting. You'd end up with loosely associated groups in an anarchic structure.

Technology and comfortable living have afforded people the luxury to become apathetic and, save a culture shock on the apocalyptic scale, no one will bat an eye. Heck when people thought Covid was the end of it all, they bought toilet roll and stayed home.....

Do not underestimate normalcy bias. Or apathy. Cultural Marxist only act the way they do because its their job and they get free stuff from shop windows.. ..

People aren't virtuous enough to act, en masse, in other peoples interest.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I agree with you 100%.

The FBI is behind all this if anybody knows what's going to go on it's going to be the FBI montering the phone calls of those people that are activists so unless the FBI is anti-American there's just not going to be any real outcast violence in America prior to the elections no way it's not going to happen..

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I don't know. I suppose I'd venture to say that's a bold statement. While I totally agree with the comfort of good living being a deterrent, i think we've seen a lot of violence and "poking the bear" recently. The water is simmering, just not a boil. But how long? It's still on the heat...

There have been casualties on both sides already, unfortunately. Law enforcement is straight quitting. How does this calm down?

From everything I've seen, and I may be wrong, the left is amping up and the right is trying to avoid it. You don't want the right to react. That'll be war for sure. That's nightmare scenario in the US.

One side is beating the drum, the other has been prepared for decades. I'll let you take from that what you will. I'm just sad about it.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Yes I agree in part.

But even if we take it as a given that the right is going to fight back, the international media, home media, courts and leftists representatives will go after them full force. The public will, as always, believe the MSM, after all what other choice do we have? Admit they're lying about everything? There goes society anyway because they're covering for pedophiles.....

It's a perfect trap for the average thinker. Admit we've been lied to and that society has been set up by people who sacrifice babies and rape young boys, or pretend it doesn't happen and keep our 4wheel drive cars and nice houses.....

There is only one way out of this. You HAVE to execute the liberals. I'm not kidding....

I know this is draconian and as a Christian it rips my heart, but they would rather tear everything down and destroy the world, rather than admit they were wrong - which they are, almost always. Notice how almost all the baby sacrificers and rapists learn left? Hillary, Podesta, celebrities and Hollywood royalty.

New liberals protect criminals, destroy lives, kill people and burn cities, they allow unchecked immigration and are pro-abortion, now pro-war. Liberals have given up on morality and truth. There no longer remains an alternative, the longer theyre allowed to spread their ideology (which is subversion) the harder it is to stop. Occasio Cortez is openly calling for radicilazation of her base....... The liberal stance is now, funnily enough, completely anti-life and order, it's just anarchy.

The time for playing is over, Liberals must be stopped. But the public.. they won't do anything. Not one thing, they'll be right in the middle, sitting on the fence and hoping for a miracle. I'll be in that group having two small children and a home to pay for, I'm paralysed.

I just can't see Joe six pack picking up a cause and fighting for it, though he might tweet about it and talk about it with gusto down the pub.....

Liberals have chosen the wrong side of history AGAIN and will, ultimately kill millions, or billions depending on who they demand we kill when they're in power, afterall there's so many repressive regimes that need 'liberating'.......
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: Missed some points.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

This is an interesting response. I personally believe you fail to see the fragility of law enforcement. I also dont believe in exterminating leftists... Most of my friends and family are on the left. I'm more of the belief to educate free thought. Left or right.

I guess I'm more worried about the radical thoughts of both sides. I don't want violence. Maybe an officiated match here and there in the ring...

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I don't know. I suppose I'd venture to say that's a bold statement. While I totally agree with the comfort of good living being a deterrent, i think we've seen a lot of violence and "poking the bear" recently. The water is simmering, just not a boil. But how long? It's still on the heat...

There have been casualties on both sides already, unfortunately. Law enforcement is straight quitting. How does this calm down?

From everything I've seen, and I may be wrong, the left is amping up and the right is trying to avoid it. You don't want the right to react. That'll be war for sure. That's nightmare scenario in the US.

One side is beating the drum, the other has been prepared for decades. I'll let you take from that what you will. I'm just sad about it.

The ones beating the drum, almost without exception, live in big cities.
Those cities survive because rural areas shop in food, for money.

Truckers won't drive into a war zone- the whole thing is self defeating. Bite the hand that feeds, starve to death.

If there is a civil war, it will be over in a month- and major cities all over the country will be in flames, while half the US population starves to death.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

But that's just it, leftists ideology always, always always leads to societal collapse and death. Right wingers are a result OF the left ala Hitler.

I should have said extreme leftists. Not all people who lean left are Mao.

Law enforcement relies on the goodwill of the public, and right now, arresting people for defending themselves, kneeling for BLM and taking part in pride parade shows the public that even those institutions have been demoralised.

There really, on a very fact based level, no real hope out of this, save a massive, long drawn out battle. Or crush the lefties....... There really isn't...

The left's narrative now is that black people are being HUNTED (better kill that predator first) and that Trump stole the election and will destroy the entire country (better stop those supporters)..

The left always does this, the red guard, old guard. The Bolshevick revolution, Venezuala, Chile......
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Zero chance, it's all big talk from internet wackos.

edit on 23-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
No chance imho.

Isolated meltdowns, in all the usual places, and business as usual for the rest of us who work to pay bills and taxes.

...maybe some pointing and laughing.

edit on 23-9-2020 by tjack because: reason

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Yeah I have an enormous problen with self defense being punished while state sanctioned law enforcement can just nope out. I'm with ya on most things, just trying to have a discussion, for discussions sake.

Hope ya understand me there.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
We could see isolated pockets of civil unrest, but there won’t be a civil war.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Tough because the National Guard from each State would have to fight each other 😃

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That and the Mongols fighting the commies and the Hell's Angels fighting BLM and Biker's for Trump fighting Antifa the Proud Soys fighting the TikTok kids and on and on...

edit on 23-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Some people fear civil war in the US should the result of the upcoming presidential election be unclear. Is there a real chance of post-election US civil war? Nobody knows for sure, but I´m keen to hear what you guys believe.

-MM

There will be civil disturbances. Doubtful that they'll be larger than a handful of counties, but there will be plenty of outrages on a smaller scale spread throughout the country. That is already occurring.

A Civil War like 1861-1865? No. Doubtful entire states would attempt to secede and wage war with the federal government.

Big problem that will last for decades is that the USA will have its version of the Baader-Meinhof Gang -- privileged white youth, along with some older coaches, who will wage guerilla warfare against society. They will be on the margins but they'll get in occasional hits, just as the BMG did in Germany.

There will also be social division for decades thanks to the crap that has passed for a curriculum in public schools for too long now.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No chance at all.

The loud voices (fools) you hear reeeeing about civil war are in a small minority.
They have no real power.

If they start anything the cops and/or military will put them down fast.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I pretty much doubt it. You cant have a civil war with only one side fighting and the only side fighting now is the Leftists. If Trump wins, they'll burn the cities down and kill some supposed Trump voters......but no one is going to march in to save them. A few militia types might but otherwise, no one in authority cares. Some suburbanites might band together to protect their neighborhoods but that will end badly when the power, water and food runs out.

If Harris/Biden wins......the leftists will continue demonstrating to make their demands but the Trump voters arent going to rise up in rebellion.

Morbid Obecity produces a lot of calm.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join