It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employment is taking off like crazy

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have been unemployed since Feb. I am lucky that I was always a saver and have been able to manage the issue in some form. Every since the Covid I have had little luck in the way of interest in my skills. Whatever, I have been taking this time to try and fix other issues in my life and so on.

Anyway, these last two weeks it is like a bomb has exploded. I get multiple job offers on a daily basis. I have never had this many offers in my entire life. I know what I think about that, but I am curious what other people think about that.

If this becomes overly political or something, mods please feel free to move it.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Good news! Let’s get this damn ship back on coarse.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear that, congrats! We aren't going to know if any of our team are going to be cut until probably December. Not knowing is killing everyone. Unlike you, I don't have a substantial savings to fall back on so I'd like to know if it's happening so I can try to find something else fairly quickly.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
We're hardly out of the woods yet.. the market is going to fluctuate like crazy for months to come if it can even stay intact that long.

Just because your skill set or niche is suddenly in demand is hardly any indication of a "new dawn".

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It can be a "new dawn" on a personal level though and I applaud the op for that!

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This has a little common Sense approach to what may take place.

1. If you follow the Asian economic unemployment market which right now is slowly rebounding notice I said rebounding but that may not be true in many of the tourist areas of Asia.

2. Most countries here in Asia are waking up to the fact that if they don't open up their economy the jobs the employment situation the tourist areas their country is going to fall into a deep depression.

3. Japan has just had a 4-day holiday and business is booming. Japan has let the people make the choice on their own now. I believe it's an experiment on what is really really really taking place on economic scenes worldwide and this is what is happening and I'll explain on number four.

4. In this country we have just had a 4-day holiday people got out of their homes and they traveled that's a fact it's all on television it's all on YouTube. Businesses were open up hotels were full theme parks were jam-packed museums open everything was back to it was a year ago even better according to some news reports . So what is really behind all this well this is it. Japan has well no of course is an island country and it can be a very isolated country without imports or exports so the Japanese government with the new prime minister has realized we got to do something today not tomorrow let's get back to what was a year ago and this is what has happened but behind the scenes is now we all know that coronavirus is airborne infection we all know that.
so they're going to monitor closely of the new infections and this will take place within 2 weeks from now to up to 42 days those figures for those people that are reading my thread here are going to be the most accurate and truthful figures what's most importantly is that I said truthful figures. Japanese government has no incentive to lie about the figures there's no money incentive for the hospitals for the funeral homes to lie about what people died of in this country and besides that many people here across world don't know that every death is followed up by a police report yeah that's right a police report and most deaths are covered by the national health insurance so there's no reason for somebody to fake the figures here in Japan. I just stated this in one of my recent threads only 1,500 people have died in Japan of coronavirus out of the population of 130 million people. so the big news is we have to wait for 2 weeks up to 42 days to see actually how the coronavirus really really works and an open society so hold on guys I'll be posting an update in the disease and pandemics concerning this matter stay tuned everyone and thanks for reading my post it always most thankful.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Congratulations!
Pick something you like with a decent pay.

I'm a big fan of "make money while you can", not that other things aren't important, but you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. We've had a few at work pissing & moaning about not getting raises this past spring, I know right? But the deal is, our hours are such that taking a second job is pretty easy time-wise.

Who cares if it's wiping carts at Walmart, or something else? A paycheck is a paycheck.
Yep...they're still whining, they were too good for actual work. SMH

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
We're hardly out of the woods yet.. the market is going to fluctuate like crazy for months to come if it can even stay intact that long.

Just because your skill set or niche is suddenly in demand is hardly any indication of a "new dawn".

But , those companies listed on the Stock Exchanges still need employees.
Signs The Great Covid Lay-Off may have reached its max
Don't be such a "Schleprock"
edit on 9/22/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Construction never stopped where I’m at, though some coworkers chose to take free money instead of work and make more money. My boss doesn’t want them back.

That said we never stopped hiring, never stopped working. And with that have a bunch of new coworkers who went from offices to the mud. Because here in Vancouver we were “essential”.

So I dunno if the retail or office market is returning where I’m at but I do know of at least five companies hiring all sorts of trades!!! So I know some jobs are returning or were always available.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Congratulations!
Pick something you like with a decent pay.

I'm a big fan of "make money while you can", not that other things aren't important, but you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. We've had a few at work pissing & moaning about not getting raises this past spring, I know right? But the deal is, our hours are such that taking a second job is pretty easy time-wise.

Who cares if it's wiping carts at Walmart, or something else? A paycheck is a paycheck.
Yep...they're still whining, they were too good for actual work. SMH

Well I have done a contract back in May/June and pocketed a couple of bills...Little bit of on the side stuff here and there as well. It hasn't been pretty, but I haven't lost anything either...

new topics

top topics

join