It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Wallace and the topics for the first debate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Chris Wallace has selected the topics for the first Trump-Biden presidential debate:

The Trump and Biden Records

The Supreme Court

Covid-19

The Economy

Race and Violence in our Cities

The Integrity of the Election

My questions for the ATS community:
1. What do you think of Chris Wallace?

Personally, I think he's one of the best professional journalists out there today. He does his research, asks excellent follow-up questions, and isn't afraid to present facts that directly contradict the person he's interviewing. I'm looking forward to all of the debates, but especially this first one.

2. What do you think of this list of topics? Anything here that you think shouldn't be? Anything missing?

It all seems interesting and relevant to me--definitely potential for fireworks. I would like to see more about foreign policy, but that could likely fall under the individual candidates' records part.

Source: Moderator Chris Wallace selects topics for first Trump-Biden presidential debate

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My opinion of Chris Wallace is he’s a little bias to the left but pretty fair. I feel if there is a debate he will softball questions for Biden, but really give it to Trump. Hopefully I’m wrong.

ETA: The topics seem appropriate. It all depends on the specific questioning though.
edit on 22-9-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
His treatment of Ron Paul in the 2008 GOP debate permanently cemented him in my mind as an untrustable corporate media shill. I don't like him.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Candidate Joe Biden will receive the questions in advance. Not that it will do him any good..

On the other hand, President Trump says Joe Biden will most likely win the debates, due to his deep experience in political debating for 40+ years.

Source: www.forbes.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Biden's people need to shake a leg to prep Joe for this possible embarrassing event 😃

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
My opinion of Chris Wallace is he’s a little bias to the left but pretty fair. I feel if there is a debate he will softball questions for Biden, but really give it to Trump. Hopefully I’m wrong.

ETA: The topics seem appropriate. It all depends on the specific questioning though.

If your trying to decide watch his interview with Trump.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Biden's people need to shake a leg to prep Joe for this possible embarrassing event 😃

Biden is practicing this week in his basement. But they're keeping secret who his opponent is during the rehearsals.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Chris Wallace is proof that Fox doesn't limit their staff to Conservatives only.

Either way, I hope they're both given the same questions and Biden doesn't get a bag for of softballs like usual.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wallace certainly has a bit of a bias, not necessarily partisan though, I can’t put my finger on it. It isn’t personal or emotional, more like, out of touch with the people, it’s subtle. No doubt the Chris Wallace is certainly accomplished and has been in news for quiet some time, but perhaps it’s that, that has him in a semi bubble of MSM.

I feel like it should be someone who has an excellent social media pulse and largely sticks to the partisan center.

All in all, at the very least it’s a Fox News host running it and Fox does bring in the viewers over their liberal media counterparts.

I will definitely be watching.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Yeah, I hope he grills them both equally. He's pretty cunning. My guess is he'll be armed with a pretty thick list of facts, ask thoughtful questions, and see who flops or shines. If they waffle, his follow-up questions could be rough.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My prediction:

Biden’s questions-
Who was you favorite golden girl?
On a scale of 10 to 10 how awesome was Obama?
Will your economy be good or bad?

Trumps questions:
This random person said your racist so. . . Why are you racist?
Why do you keep hurting people feelings you big meany head?
You were mean to this one woman, so why do you hate every woman to ever exist?

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
His treatment of Ron Paul in the 2008 GOP debate permanently cemented him in my mind as an untrustable corporate media shill. I don't like him.

Interesting. I'd like to see that one. I actually wrote in Ron Paul in 2016. I rather like him, so I'd be curious to see how Wallace handled him.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

He comes across as a smug, smirking asshole to me. He looks more like a crooner than a journalist. If Brian Williams and Steve Buscemi had a kid, it would look like Chris Wallace.

But as far as being a journalist, he's not terribly bad. I still feel like he is reporting a narrative as much as the news. But at least he doesn't make me want to throw heavy objects at my TV

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

I feel like it should be someone who has an excellent social media pulse and largely sticks to the partisan center.

The moderator for the 2nd debate, CSPAN's Steve Scully, may fit that bill.
He has a reputation for smart, non-partisan handling of debate/discussion moderation--probably just the guy for a town-hall-style debate.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: Arnie123

The moderator for the 2nd debate, CSPAN's Steve Scully, may fit that bill.
He has a reputation for smart, non-partisan handling of debate/discussion moderation--probably just the guy for a town-hall-style debate.
I certainly look forward to it.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Already watched that a while back. I was happy he indulged on Trump correcting the record on some of the things discussed or at least his attempts. Like I said, he’s a little bias but pretty fair in my opinion. I mean in a perfect world we’d get the Joe Rogan debate. He has the perfect platform for it, a huge following, and would be the fairest moderator I can think of. Plus he’d not only destroy Biden, but would really give it to Trump as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The Dems would never let that happen, at this point I think the priority is to limit Biden’s camera time, even if Rogan made a fool of Trump, Biden would use the opportunity to make a fool of himself, it’s always 1 step forward and 2 steps back with that guy.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Chris Wallace is the best available these days, and a far superior moderator to what we can expect otherwise.

I'd like to see some questions regarding the normalization of relations between the UAE and Israel.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Not the questions I was hoping for.

I wanted him to ask Biden how many times a day he craps in his adult diaper and to ask Trump if he can drink a bottle of water with one hand like a non-physically incapacitated person.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I'd like to see some questions regarding the normalization of relations between the UAE and Israel.

Agreed. That should be in there for sure.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join