It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK just cant do fear like US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Peckhams?

If that's still a thing.

Or there is always someone in the schemes selling knockoff liters of Vodka and Whiskey past time.

At least it used to be like that, I'm all domesticated these days. LoL
edit on 22-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

So, wearing a mask - which can't be described as anything worse than a minor inconvenience - which may help stop the spread of a viral pandemic is on a par with impositions on the freedom of speech or the right to assembly etc?
Its the same as taking the vote off people or suspending Parliament?

Where exactly is the problem?

The possible benefits far outweigh the minor inconvenience caused.....or please explain otherwise because I'm in no way convinced by anything I've seen or heard so far.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Have to say it is smooth stuff.

Im usually a Smirnoff Black label fan.

Wine wise im a fan of a nice red hidden thoughts or desires aside.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
What are you doing out after 10 PM to be so afraid of these bar hoppers that don't wear masks?

Most people out after dark are after few things, trouble and fun, not mutually exclusive.

But bring out the military, no hint of facism, because you're afraid of getting a cough.

Do good boys get to stay longer at the pub if they wear state adorned face masks? Or maybe if they wear a certain badge of honor?

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
lol, cmon homie, cop on! im assuming thats sarcasm. seems like youve never seen the cops on the streets post 10pm. them lads dont need no army, they luv a ruck!!! and 4 sober trained cops are well capable to take 3 pist up staggered lads, those the same laws been in effect since the 1800's, they dont need new powers for that.

link   
Don't wear a mask...

But if your kids, wife, parents, inlaws get sick and perhaps die......

How much risk are you willing to take with your families health?

link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
What are you doing out after 10 PM to be so afraid of these bar hoppers that don't wear masks?

Most people out after dark are after few things, trouble and fun, not mutually exclusive.

But bring out the military, no hint of facism, because you're afraid of getting a cough.

Do good boys get to stay longer at the pub if they wear state adorned face masks? Or maybe if they wear a certain badge of honor?

Would you go into a radioactive environment without wearing a mask and other protection ?

I bet you would.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Closing the pubs completely like we did during the spring lockdown would be even better.

By and large people acquiesced during lockdown, but people will only take so much.
How long do you envisage this lasting?

Prohibition does not work......just ask our colonial cousins.

Sorry, this is a step too far and would kill communities and close literally thousands of businesses and put millions on the dole.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Don't wear a mask...

But if your kids, wife, parents, inlaws get sick and perhaps die......

How much risk are you willing to take with your families health?

You mean how much addiitonal risk to every day life.
Perhaps don't wear a mask but also cut 10% off your mileage driving - a risk neutral strategy.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I’ve not worn a mask the whole CoNViD PLANdemic. I go too every protest against this BS Tyranny.

The Five Eyes alliance is gonna put all five countries back under BS regulations they all follow the same BS lead from the talking heads that give them power.

I’ve heard here in British Columbia our lockdown starts again first Monday of October based on nothing but BULLSNIP and a few doctors on a payroll.

I for one hope your right. People will open there eyes talk to there neighbors realize that once you turn off your TV ( programming) the whole world doesn’t seem so crazy.

Starts with one then another as you said, just hope people actually stand up and fight for there rights.

Before they have all evaporated.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Closing the pubs completely like we did during the spring lockdown would be even better.

By and large people acquiesced during lockdown, but people will only take so much.
How long do you envisage this lasting?

Prohibition does not work......just ask our colonial cousins.

Sorry, this is a step too far and would kill communities and close literally thousands of businesses and put millions on the dole.

Just saw some figures on BBC News.

32% agree the restrictions are about right.

45% think they don't go far enough.

Put me in the 45% .

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Try walking around the streets stark naked then, and see how long it is before you get arrested.

In England you can stroll around stark naked if you want, and can tolerate (er, bare) the chill. It's not illegal. The onus is on the complainant to prove that you were out to shock. It’s why a couple of years ago I met a couple of naked ramblers, just enjoying the outdoors. Although for modesties sake they did have backpacks and walking boots. Nice couple and fellow birders, but that's another story.

As for masks. I live in a rural part of the world where people are less angsty, and where wokeness and fookwittery is something that happens elsewhere. My local supermarket has perhaps 50% wearing masks. No big shakes and no one whining on. I wear a mask because I also visit my elderly and frail mother, so need to minimise risk. Common sense.

The only reason why we need rules in the UK is because some Townies and “educated people” need to be told what to do all the time, otherwise “they’ll complain to their MP”, or their mate in the Guardian, or the BBC. The politics of Covid is that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaneThinking

I’ve not worn a mask the whole CoNViD PLANdemic. I go too every protest against this BS Tyranny.

The Five Eyes alliance is gonna put all five countries back under BS regulations they all follow the same BS lead from the talking heads that give them power.

I’ve heard here in British Columbia our lockdown starts again first Monday of October based on nothing but BULLSNIP and a few doctors on a payroll.

I for one hope your right. People will open there eyes talk to there neighbors realize that once you turn off your TV ( programming) the whole world doesn’t seem so crazy.

Starts with one then another as you said, just hope people actually stand up and fight for there rights.

Before they have all evaporated.

SaneThinking

I've just taken sensible precautions.
I don't need the Govt to tell me how to wash my hands, when to wash my hands, when to wear a mask, who I can see, where i can go...
I suppose for some people they need that kind of direction, but I suspect most Brits would have a pretty good idea of what to do and what not to do to limit the risk of either passing on or getting the virus.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Try walking around the streets stark naked then, and see how long it is before you get arrested.

In England you can stroll around stark naked if you want, and can tolerate (er, bare) the chill. It's not illegal. The onus is on the complainant to prove that you were out to shock. It’s why a couple of years ago I met a couple of naked ramblers, just enjoying the outdoors. Although for modesties sake they did have backpacks and walking boots. Nice couple and fellow birders, but that's another story.

As for masks. I live in a rural part of the world where people are less angsty, and where wokeness and fookwittery is something that happens elsewhere. My local supermarket has perhaps 50% wearing masks. No big shakes and no one whining on. I wear a mask because I also visit my elderly and frail mother, so need to minimise risk. Common sense.

The only reason why we need rules in the UK is because some Townies and “educated people” need to be told what to do all the time, otherwise “they’ll complain to their MP”, or their mate in the Guardian, or the BBC. The politics of Covid is that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Bingo.
If you didn't laugh at the number of people waiting for the Govt to tell them how to live their lives, it would be depressing.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Would you go into a radioactive environment without wearing a mask and other protection ?

I bet you would.

You didn't answer the question.
What are you doing out at later than 10pm that would bring you into contact with young people on the piss?
edit on 22/9/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire
you know what, im sick n tired of jerkoffs like you, calling out ppl who are using a forum to share an otherwise unknown facts, vent their frustration, or discuss a minority opinion with likeminded people, nobody asked you to get involved. You know your part of that of that "submissive compliance".. i want to see you actually talking to someone in the mall or walk into a fortune 500 , stand up to "the man" talk ur sht there, otherwise ur the same spleen venter as anyone else on here too!
ur response is just as pathetic as everyone else.
wind ur neck in!

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
maybe if i only breath through my nose, but i'll wear a big red clown nose?
i could wear a nice pointy hat as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
non-drinker? (cough cough) ...

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I bet you would.

What are you doing out at later than 10pm that would bring you into contact with young people on the piss?

Maybe i am a taxi driver .

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I bet you would.

Maybe i am a taxi driver .

So wear a mask and clean down your cab each night.
edit on 22/9/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join