It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party leads nationwide purge of Green Party candidates from November ballots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Imagine the outrage the world would have if say Russia removed parties from the ballot mere weeks before the election.

But i guess this is perfectly fine.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Imagine the outrage the world would have if say Russia removed parties from the ballot mere weeks before the election.

LOL. Putin gets 92% of the vote every election and the rest are told, 'Nyet, try again'.

edit on 22-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So don't vote for D or R ... until you get there and realize none of the undercard candidates are left on your ballot because one of the two main parties removed them.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Bearack

It wasn't just signatures, they were also removed in Republican Texas due to not paying filing fees however the Texas Supreme Court ruled that they don't have to pay their fees and to be restored to the ballot. Everyone's playing politics.

However, it solely initiated by the Democratic party. It also allows for an asterisk to be placed on these individual elections.

Source

The reason for the late addition is that initially the Democratic Party sued to remove the Green Party candidates after they failed to pay filing fees to be on the ballot.

After a state appeals court sided with the Democratic Party, the Green Party then sued to be allowed back.

On Tuesday, the Texas Supreme Court allowed it, leaving election administrations scrambling to reprint and make federal deadlines.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack
However, it solely initiated by the Democratic party.

So? If you don't pay your fees you should get booted.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Apparently you missed where it was overturned by the Texas state supreme court.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You read, bro? My first post:

It wasn't just signatures, they were also removed in Republican Texas due to not paying filing fees however the Texas Supreme Court ruled that they don't have to pay their fees and to be restored to the ballot.

You miss that?

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Hence why a reposted it for you. Thought you might have missed that critical piece. That is why all the green party candidates were reinstalled onto the ballet.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Thought you might have missed that critical piece.

How could I have missed it when I posted it?

That is why all the green party candidates were reinstalled onto the ballet.

Despite the fact that they didn't pay the required fees.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Thought you might have missed that critical piece.

How could I have missed it when I posted it?

That is why all the green party candidates were reinstalled onto the ballet.

Despite the fact that they didn't pay the required fees.

Despite the fact that there is no filing deadline, hence why the Texas state supreme court over turned the Aug 19th order.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Despite the fact that there is no filing deadline...

Of course there's a deadline:

Minor Parties will nominate candidates for President according to party rule. However, the filing deadline for minor party candidates may not be any later than 6:00 p.m. on December 9, 2019. Don't make stuff up buckaroo.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm not, buckaroo.

The court explained that section 141.041 does not set a deadline for compliance but that
the requirements apply only to the candidates actually nominated at a party’s nominating
convention generally held in March or April of the election year.

www.txcourts.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm not, buckaroo.

You are, you said there was no filing deadline, there is, the Texas Supreme Court ruling was about their fees. They filed on time but didn't pay their fees on time.

Try again.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Typical Democratic Party behavior. They are behaving more like the old style Mafia every day.

Beat up people with MAGA hats on.

Vandalize houses with Trump signs.

Dox, social media bully anyone who says something conservative publicly.

Do their best to get conservatives fired from their jobs.

Say they will burn down Congress if Trump gets a Supreme Court nominee confirmed.

Say that if Trump wins they will riot in the streets all over the US and commit violent and terrorizing acts. (Congressmen held "war games" to plan this out.

Destroy the business of anyone who dares to say something conservative publicly.

So the fact they would bully the Green Party off ballots in as many states as possible is not a surprise. The are positive that environmentalists belong to the Democratic Party, just as they are positive Black and Hispanic people belong to the Democratic Party, and have said so publicly. Even though the Green Party is only a handful of votes they will do all they can to get all the votes they can - because of course environmentalists belong on the Democratic Party plantation - and they want their votes and have no compunction in trying to force environmentalists to vote Democrat.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
One less corpse for them to beat up after election results come in.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Did you read the fillings from the Texas state SC? Per the law, only candidates nominated at a convention are subject to a deadline. It is snippeted for your convenience above.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Did you read the fillings from the Texas state SC? Per the law, only candidates nominated at a convention are subject to a deadline. It is snippeted for your convenience above.

A deadline to pay the filing fee, not a deadline to get on the ballot. I don't know where your massive reading comprehension fail is generating from but my initial post even mentioned the filing fee and that the Texas Supreme Court doesn't think they should pay one in a timely fashion.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

There were stories about gop operatives getting both green and kanye onto ballots.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join