It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the American deficit real any more to people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I've been saying for sometime now that we ( this country also) been living in an artificial economy.
A few reasons.
1. I don't know about you guys but seem to be being charged for keeping our money in a bank. Ex. 210 yen to use an ATM CARD. Near zero interest rates.
2. Packages getting smaller, prices going up.
3. A hidden trend is getting something for just sitting around. Welfare, yes people need it, but it's being done wrong.
4. Printing fiat money around the world.

What are your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've always wondered who collects the debt if you default??

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

China
edit on 21/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Not so fast, sir. China owes USA 1.6 trillion in bonds for a century right now.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I've been saying for sometime now that we ( this country also) been living in an artificial economy.
A few reasons.
1. I don't know about you guys but seem to be being charged for keeping our money in a bank. Ex. 210 yen to use an ATM CARD. Near zero interest rates.
2. Packages getting smaller, prices going up.
3. A hidden trend is getting something for just sitting around. Welfare, yes people need it, but it's being done wrong.
4. Printing fiat money around the world.

What are your thoughts.

A few thoughts:

On number 1: The whole damn world has been running on an artificial economy for a long time. The only thing keeping it going is the fact that once somebody with any kind of pull admits that it's all a big ponzi scheme, it comes down and we all suffer.

Now, the few super-wealthy won't suffer as badly. There's an old saying: In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. The super-wealthy might lose and eye, but the rest of us will go blind, so they'll still be kings - though kings of a dung heap.

On numbers 2 and 3: Your comments about getting less for more and about people getting money for sitting around doing nothing marks the total loss of any sense of real value. It's the same reason that people like teachers, police officers, sanitation workers (the people without whom a civilized society couldn't function) get paid a pittance, and useless tumors like professional athletes, actors and what passes for musicians now days make out like bandits. Nothing of value is considered to have value anymore. It's part of the artificial economy.

On number 4: Currency is just another commodity, like sugar, rice, flour, potatoes, cars, shoes. If there is too much of a commodity in a system, it's perceived value goes down (supply vs. demand).

The perceived value of most currencies is directly related to the fact that there is so much of it available - though usually out of reach of most people.

Lastly, have a look at this video from the era of the so-called (and manufactured, IMO) subprime crisis. It's still timely, it's hilarious, it's bitingly accurate, and it's a good view on a microcosm of the entire system. The very last line is where the whole things comes together.

:
edit on 2020 9 21 by incoserv because: what's it to ya?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

My thoughts?

Inflation. Lots of it. Hyper even.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

In answer to the question in your title, I don't think that it's ever really been real to many people.

First, the numbers are so big that they just don't combobulate for most people.

Second, as long as the bread and circuses, the shi**y television programs and the proffered debt keep coming, most people don't even pay attention.

And there's this other Bird & Fortune skit, too ...

:
edit on 2020 9 21 by incoserv because: they let me.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Lol

Of course it's not real , I'm not even sure why we are still keeping count.

The only thing that is real is our stock pile of Nuclear weapons , our multiple Naval Carrier Fleets that can be any where we need them to be to apply pressure ,Our Fleet of Globe circling Stealth bombers , Our Highly advanced Alien Tech that no one else has that is capable of God knows what.

And oh yea the tons upon tons of Gold at Ft.Knox , Our massive reserves of Coal, Oil and Natural Gas.

You really think we are gonna let imaginary digital money debt stand in our way ?

edit on 21-9-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Oh!

You mean talking about reality?

The reality is, the world was put on USD as a standard in the 70's...

So America could spread their inflation over the entire globe.

2008 was a bit of a hiccup... at the time sub-prime mortgages sold as a financial vehicles kinda caught up to us (Thank you, Carter and Clinton) and then we actually we were over our heads.

The financial institutions (including the ones who own our Federal Reserve) have made a ton of money over it, have consolidated power and are poised to take most of our real properties when the financial situations worsen.

In the really real world now, if you take into consideration what America owes the globe and the amount of inflation spread out, we owe approximately 700 trillion to 1 quadrillion dollars.

The real estate value of the planet is roughly 75 trillion dollars.

So the bad news is that America is pretty much screwed...

The good news is that we have spread our debt all over the planet, so when we crash everyone else dies too.

Lose/Lose!

edit on 21-9-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Is the system imploding now to get rid of the criminals....like how CFTC lets em get away with crime in the exchanges...they are in on the deal...and for commodities the DTCC is in on the crime, they're supposed to be sure commodities aren't fake paper trades

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

And oh yea the tons upon tons of Gold at Ft.Knox

Quoted for the most amazingly single silliest thing I have read on the internet this year.

YOU think there is gold bullion in Fort Knox?

BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Perhaps you should look around and see where that went.

Take a tour of the facilities!!!

/facepalm

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So the debt gets called, the bailiffs turn up and everyone says Fluck You.
Debt cancelled, lets start again..

The big reset is on the horizon.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It matters not if the world busts at U.S. deficit $25 Trillion or $50 Trillion or $100 Trillion.

It's all inflation anyway right ?

😎

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am literally at the point im all for inflation to replace income tax entirely. Need money? Print it. Spread the cost across the entire population. At least everyone is paying based on how much they spend at that point. No loopholes.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: xuenchen

I am literally at the point im all for inflation to replace income tax entirely. Need money? Print it. Spread the cost across the entire population. At least everyone is paying based on how much they spend at that point. No loopholes.

Issue debit cards to everybody and charge em up monthly !! 😎

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Quoted for the most amazingly single silliest thing I have read on the internet this year.

BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

/facepalm

It may not be there but that Gold is somewhere under our purview.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Lumenari

BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

/facepalm

It may not be there but that Gold is somewhere under our purview.

Um, yea...

A lot of it was under World Trade Tower 7.

Don't be a conspiracy theorist... there are too many false trails laid out there.

Be a coincidence theorist instead.

Then you might start putting the pieces together.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

We can't keep up with the rate of expansive capitalism.

Between the throwaway culture, calculation and exploitation of all known resources and the genuine manipulation of currency, stocks and trade?

Where are we supposed to find anything that isn't artificial?

I'm like most people, I love a bit prosperity and wealth but it's getting more difficult for anyone to cut a slice of the pie when it's all been accounted for 10x over.

It's not a question of if we live in an artificial economy, it's a question of where we steer this monster. Most are usually against a welfare system, they're usually against a profit share system... Don't even mention the economic theories surrounding the idea of applying no economic viability to land or resource, despite the fact that it's/their value has been calculated and exploited already.

Member when people were scared machines would take their jobs? Lol worried about a wage ya know? Machines didn't ruin the economic viability of your livelihood.

Just business...

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot

No one.

If the US choose to default there would economic consequences but no one collects.

top topics

join