It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

go-ahead” to strike Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Its about TIME!!!!!
I hope Israel levels the Syrian military!
These bastards have been behind the bombings and murders in Lebanon, the West Bank and in Israel for the past 20 years and its time to end the free range of terror and murder sponsored by Syria!

www.aljazeera.com...

U.S. gives Israel “go-ahead” to strike Syria

3/2/2005 4:45:00 PM GMT

"We will be prepared to talk with others ... with the Israelis", Rice said!

Bush’s administration gave Israel the go-ahead to attack Syria in retaliation to Tel Aviv bombing that took place last weekend, killing 5 Israelis, the Hebrew daily ‘Yediot Ahronot’ reported.

Also, the U.S. didn’t ask Tel Aviv to exercise self restraint, as in past cases vis-à-vis the Palestinian commando raids, the newspaper added

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There is only one Aljazeera network, and it is not this one you have used for a source for this news.
And dont you think that this frontpage of Aljazeera.Com is little bit too close to the frontpage of the CNN network?
Typical pro-american, pro-isreali propaganda.

Are you by any chance from Isreal?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
yep, seems to be a bogus article...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So its aljazeera.net that is the real one right?

This is actually turning into a bit of a problem. I wrote to both contact addresses and got no response. Neither is willing, appparenlty, to address the issue.

Why is this a pro american article? its saying that the americans and the jews are colluding against an innocent islamic people. It sounds like arabic propaganda.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
actually his site isnt a fake.
I searched it out and here are the owners of the domain that IP points too.

AJ Publishing

Address:
Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai, Dubai PO Box 31303
AE

First Registered:
April 12, 1996

Last Updated:
December 18, 2004

Administrative Contact:
AJ Publishing, IT Manager admin@aljazeerapublishing.com
Sheikh Zayed Road
AE
(9714) 319 7575 Fax: (9714) 319 7573

Technical Contact:
AJ Publishing, IT Manager admin@aljazeerapublishing.com
Sheikh Zayed Road
AE
(9714) 319 7575 Fax: (9714) 319 7573

Name Servers:
NS12.ZONEEDIT.COM 64.246.26.64
NS14.ZONEEDIT.COM 209.126.137.108

Information Source:
OpenSRS

So dont put SIRR1 down...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
It sounds like arabic propaganda.

We need a vote for understatement of the month award.

God, I love the internet.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why is this a pro american article? its saying that the americans and the jews are colluding against an innocent islamic people. It sounds like arabic propaganda.

Stirring the trouble in the middle east is not always "made in Arabia"!
The network aljazeera.com and the author of this thread a product of typical western propaganda, therefore the news posted by him get the typical western anti-islam agenda.

I hope Israel levels the Syrian military!

Bush’s administration gave Israel the go-ahead to attack Syria...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype

AJ Publishing

The Aljazeera network is located in Qatar, not Dubai.
english.aljazeera.net... is the English version of their website and their contact information says Qatar.

The Aljazeera.com used to have London as their contact information.
Didn't you think it was weird that an Arabic language network would have no Arabic pages on their site?

link
Whois info for, ALJAZEERA.COM:

Registrant:
Island Publishing
155 Regents Park Road
London, London NW1 8BB
UK

Domain name: ALJAZEERA.COM

Administrative Contact:
Island Publishing, IT Manager admin@aljazeerapublishing.com
155 Regents Park Road
London, London NW1 8BB
UK
0870 432 0670 Fax: 0870 432 0671

Technical Contact:
Island Publishing, IT Manager admin@aljazeerapublishing.com
155 Regents Park Road
London, London NW1 8BB
UK
0870 432 0670 Fax: 0870 432 0671

Registration Service Provider:
PIPEX Communications Hosting Ltd, services@123-reg.co.uk
+44.115-917-0000
www.123-reg.co.uk...
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 30-May-2004.
Record expires on 13-Apr-2009.
Record created on 12-Apr-1996.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS14.ZONEEDIT.COM 209.126.137.108

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Still dosent explain why you said the site where he obtained his information was a fake copy of "Aljazeera" as posted above his ip points directly to the correct site.

So in reality you have, downgraded his post, made everyone think he is not credible.....and Why??? Because he is Pro American or Pro Isreal.. Im an american and am not jewish but have noticed the person with the issues is actually you. Im sorry you hate us Americans but try next time to get your story straight first.

Just a thought............

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It sounds like arabic propaganda.

I think you mean arab propoganda. Arabic is a language.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
For interest - Aljazeera.com on the blast in Mosul:

www.aljazeera.com...

Aljazeera.net

english.aljazeera.net...

One thing kind of funny, the Aljazeera.com article lists the time of the attack at 4AM Eastern Time. Could be an American oriented site. The article correctly names the time as 12 noon -- the time in Iraq of the attack.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Still dosent explain why you said the site where he obtained his information was a fake copy of "Aljazeera" as posted above his ip points directly to the correct site.

It doesn't point to the correct site.
As I posted above, the correct site for Aljazeera is english.aljazeera.net the Aljazeera.com website had their contact information as London. They only recently changed their contact information.

BTW, I asked this before, but why would a website for an Arabic network not have an arabic website? They wouldn't have a website that is only in English right? Therefore Aljazeera.com is the fake site.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The Aljazeera.com used to have London as their contact information

IT Manager admin@aljazeerapublishing.com
from your posting from old whois

IT Manager admin@aljazeerapublishing.com
from my posting today.

Domain name entries can be transfered through the NIC, information was created on April 12 1996.

Sorry, but this is the exact site. They just have transferred information pertaining to admin and billing contacts..

And stop, dont even go there.. I no my spit!!!!

One more thing "Ace of Base" your reading it in english, If your Pc was set up to read in Arabic you would see it diffrently in your browser.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Justmytype]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, I suppose one of our well connected boardmembers should get in touch with Condi & Aljazeera.net to get to the bottom of this

anyway, it looks like some kind of IndiaDaily.com conspiricysite, riding on top of al jazeeras name ...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
IF you type in your browser directly the adress:

www.aljazeera.net...

You come to original home page of this network, and it is in ARABIC language.
If you want to read it in english you have to click on the English button!

Its like typing directly:

www.pravda.ru...

You get the first, original russian version of the page.

Why is that?

Now type in

www.aljazeera.com...

And observe the diffrence!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

One more thing "Ace of Base" your reading it in english, If your Pc was set up to read in Arabic you would see it diffrently in your browser.

You have to to be kidding me?
My PC can automatically translate websites that were made in a different language without the use of translation tools?
C'mon man.

My PC can read Arabic just fine when I go to www.aljazeera.net... because that is an Arabic site and it's the main site for Aljazeera.

BTW, check the date of that whois information I posted.
It's from November of 2004 and the Aljazeera.com webiste was already set up at that time. I went to the contact information for Aljazeera.com around that time and it listed London as their address. It's not a domain transfer issue.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Both aljazeera.net and aljazeera.com give 'good' addresses, albeit different ones.

see here where i started a thread about this.

souljah
The network aljazeera.com [is]read a product of typical western propaganda, therefore the news posted by him get the typical western anti-islam agenda.

Since when is aljazeera.com anti-islam? The stuff that comes from there is if anything pro-fundamentalism.

justmytype
Still dosent explain why you said the site where he obtained his information was a fake copy of "Aljazeera" as posted above his ip points directly to the correct site

The IP does not point to the 'correct' site. As aceofbase noted, the news channel is based out of dubai. They probably don't maintain two differeent domains. Its actually quite difficult to get information as to which is the official website of the satellite news channel.

Anyone who watches it know if they reference .net or .com?

indigo childI think you mean arab propoganda. Arabic is a language.

Close enough. Arabic can serve as an adjective for that which is arab, like germanic.

aceofbase
I asked this before, but why would a website for an Arabic network not have an arabic website

it is conceivable tho that they had .net in arabic, then made .com as their english one, and then made an english version of .net. Doubtful, silly, but possible. Not that anyone is claiming it anyway.

This really is something that should be looked at. Imagine if arabs went to cnn.net, and there was a site there that mimic cnn.com almost exactly, but then everyonce in a while had a story that was a little 'out of place'.
But then again, why wouldn't Aljazeera investigate this?

I'm actually going to ask them again because this deserves an answer.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yup, the stuff seems very pro-fundi on aljazeera.com

But couldn't that project the image that aljazeera.net is conspiring with alqaida or something ?

Who would do such a thing ?

Does somebody use the name aljazeera just to get more hits ? Do they have another agenda to push ? does aljazeera itselve uses the site as alternative outlet for a less political correct news ???

who knows, is Mokuhadzushi , remember him ? , the editor chief of aljazeera.com

I would like to hear aljazeera.net opinion about this...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ace of Base lets not be ignorant and read or compare my findings verse yours, you will see this is an identical record.

NS14.ZONEEDIT.COM 209.126.137.108 """yours"""" Island

NS14.ZONEEDIT.COM 209.126.137.108 """"mine"""" AJ

Wow its so funny that the dns are exactly the same..... So do they currently run two sites on the same server???? hmmmmm You tell me.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Ace of Base lets not be ignorant and read or compare my findings verse yours, you will see this is an identical record.

NS14.ZONEEDIT.COM 209.126.137.108 """yours"""" Island

NS14.ZONEEDIT.COM 209.126.137.108 """"mine"""" AJ

You're not getting it at all.

Aljazeera.com is the fake Aljazeera, previously listed as being based out of London, that has no Arabic alternative even though Aljazeera is an Arabic station. It's IP is 193.19.159.132

Aljazeera.net is the real Aljazeera located in Qatar, the same location as the news channel. Aljazeera.net has both English and Arabic versions of their website. It's IP is 12.120.9.24

They are two different sites.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join