It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Rochester yet all we hear are crickets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thanks for the clarification. I misread his response early on

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit
According to wiki: List of mass shootings in the United States in 2020

As of August 31, there have been 417 shootings that fit this criteria, resulting in 348 deaths and 1,776 injuries, for a total of 2,124 victims.

Plus I counted 44 more after August 31 on that list.

This is the first I hear of this one and I had no idea there had been that many just in 2020. Couldn't really say how many I may have heard about here on ATS or how many days the MSM ran for those either.

I guess I'm just not getting the point of this thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

As of August 31, there have been 417 shootings that fit this criteria, resulting in 348 deaths and 1,776 injuries, for a total of 2,124 victims.

This is the first I hear of this one and I had no idea there had been that many just in 2020. Couldn't really say how many I may have heard about here on ATS or how many days the MSM ran for those either.

The point is really exactly what you just quoted. All of these events yet barely any exposure. I guess if I was trying to make a specific point it would be something along the lines of "Are we that distracted, desensitized and disillusioned that shootings and tragedy simply have become so common, we now take a MEH stance on it?" Does that make sense or help clarify?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ok, it does clarify and I guess the answer is yes.

According to this, there were over 15k gun deaths in 2019, excluding 24k suicides.

This isn't some anti-gun thing either. I'm just pointing out that it is a lot for the MSM to give major coverage to. Even just the "mass shootings" average out to more than 1 a day.
edit on 21-9-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

According to this, there were over 15k gun deaths in 2019, excluding 24k suicides.

This isn't some anti-gun thing either. I'm just pointing out that it is a lot for the MSM to give major coverage to. Even just the "mass shootings" average out to more than 1 a day.

Here's some good perspective (at least for me) about this event which could also apply to others.

And I'm with you on the anti-gun thing. That has nothing to do with it. The chief in the video linked above even mentions it. That guy has balls for bringing it up

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Wow, you just went there didn’t you?

Sad but true, the honesty of the responses to this thread make me cringe.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul

Don't get mad at Bluntone22. The city those kids were in failed them.

They were victims of a society who has a love affair with firearms!

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

The city those kids were in failed them.

The person who pulled the trigger failed them.

Everyone has a choice.....that person chose to kill someone else.

Plenty of people in that city choose NOT to kill someone .

It's a culture thing, anyone who doesn't see and understand that must be living under a rock.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Yeah he seems genuinely upset by events. Seemed to be hinting that residents are sick of the protests and riots. What’s really sad is that a chief of police is afraid to condemn criminal acts.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
the city didn't fail those kids.

The person, or persons, pulling the trigger(s) failed them.

Failed them by not realizing how utterly wrong this action was, is, and always will be.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The city those kids were in failed them.

The person who pulled the trigger failed them.

Everyone has a choice.....that person chose to kill someone else.

Plenty of people in that city choose NOT to kill someone .

It's a culture thing, anyone who doesn't see and understand that must be living under a rock.

100 percent correct and defunding the police and rampant unemployment is not helping the situation. Not to mention the extended isolation and restrictions.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Are they black?
If so, then you have you’re answer.

They're human beings. It shouldn't matter but sadly it does apparently as evidenced by the response (stars) to your reply

you're ignoring the violence inherent in their "culture"
good Democrat

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
No one who
Was there is talking because... “ snitches get stitches “.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

Here's some good perspective (at least for me) about this event which could also apply to others.

And I'm with you on the anti-gun thing. That has nothing to do with it. The chief in the video linked above even mentions it. That guy has balls for bringing it up

that guy has his sh!t together. I wish more could be vocal about the facts and the truth as he did.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Rekrul

Don't get mad at Bluntone22. The city those kids were in failed them.

They were victims of a society who has a love affair with illegal firearms!

fixed that for you.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You beat me to it, and I bet we find out (if someone hasn't already in this thread) that it was black on black crime. That's why the big party was no biggie with coronavirus and that's why the media isn't running front page with the shooting. Biden only wants to take guns from honest white citizens. We're a huge threat to democrats.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I would bet my house that the shooters are Brown Supremacist domestic terrorists.

That is why we haven't heard much about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

:

Kyle Rittenhouse did not make the list.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The city failed them? The devolution of society into a third world cess pit is what failed them. Welcome to life in the fastest devolving 1st world country, devolving into a 3rd world culture.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
These types of parties often seem to end up in shootouts often between rival gang members. People know the risk yet continue to go to these parties knowing full well the odds are pretty good violence may erupt. Why do they go? I just don't get it.

Unless it is work related very few positive things can happen verses the negative if you are out somewhere late at night. After midnight is especially a time for things like drunk drivers driving on the wrong side of the interstate and gang bangers doing crimes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join